611 15 2019-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I’m not advertising here just some info for those interested, I checked out pgytech and polar pro, prices surprisingly are very similar, which leads me to think polar pro are dropping their price which is great, don’t get me wrong these filters for what they are , are so much overpriced IMO.
Pgytech shipping mid June
Polar pro shipping 20th May

https://www.polarprofilters.com/collections/osmo-action-accessories-action-filters

https://www.pgy-tech.com/osmo-action-filter
2019-5-16
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Metal filter rings are not ideal at sea water ......... especially those knurled.
2019-5-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Oh-no Posted at 5-16 05:52
Metal filter rings are not ideal at sea water ......... especially those knurled.

I’m not to sure how they are sealed, I would be surprised if PP didn’t check this out, but I don’t know, I like their filters and I also like that you don’t need to screw them on off, do you need filters when diving in salt water ?
2019-5-16
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

hallmark007 Posted at 5-16 06:00
I’m not to sure how they are sealed, I would be surprised if PP didn’t check this out, but I don’t know, I like their filters and I also like that you don’t need to screw them on off, do you need filters when diving in salt water ?

I do not know if filter needed while diving, could be when shooting upright, bright sky and reflections need stronger ND.  One thing has to be careful is the sealing between the metal part and the filter glass too, temperature change can be a bad thing.......
PP use magnetic method, can be good if reliable.
2019-5-16
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

One standard metre sea water is approximately equal to 1.45038 psi, 11 metres is 15.9542 psi, plus safety factor ....
2019-5-16
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

hallmark007 Posted at 5-16 06:00
I’m not to sure how they are sealed, I would be surprised if PP didn’t check this out, but I don’t know, I like their filters and I also like that you don’t need to screw them on off, do you need filters when diving in salt water ?

Could be their design is not for using it under water.
2019-5-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Oh-no Posted at 5-16 06:41
Could be their design is not for using it under water.

Maybe, but would be surprised if they were not water resistant , maybe someone from polar pro will come along here and explain, they are usually here when new products are released .
2019-5-16
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

I hate the way that Polar Pro arrange their sets and I find ND4 almost useless in their 3 filter set  as I can use an ND8 and just open up the ISO just a bit with minimal impact on the video quality. I would rather have a 8-64 set. So for me getting the 4 filter set from PgyTech will cost less than having to buy the PP 5 filter set.
2019-5-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Wiz33 Posted at 5-16 08:06
I hate the way that Polar Pro arrange their sets and I find ND4 almost useless in their 3 filter set  as I can use an ND8 and just open up the ISO just a bit with minimal impact on the video quality. I would rather have a 8-64 set. So for me getting the 4 filter set from PgyTech will cost less than having to buy the PP 5 filter set.

I know where your coming from, and I’m surprised with PP, for Mavic Pro 2 PP Offered a basic package you could pick from starting a 4 to 64, and you could pick 3, flying a drone with aperture Control a ND 16 will do for almost all light and I find I never need to change except to remove on low light or at night time.

The only saving with a 4 is you can put it on instead of a UV and at least it will protect your lens,
2019-5-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing this great opportunity to our valued DJI Forum members who would like to purchase the ND filters to their Action Cam. Thank you for your support.
2019-5-16
Use props
AngularIan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Wiz33 Posted at 5-16 08:06
I hate the way that Polar Pro arrange their sets and I find ND4 almost useless in their 3 filter set  as I can use an ND8 and just open up the ISO just a bit with minimal impact on the video quality. I would rather have a 8-64 set. So for me getting the 4 filter set from PgyTech will cost less than having to buy the PP 5 filter set.

I don't understand why they can't release variable ND filters like they did with their recent DSLR "Peter McKinnon" signature range. It's a pain having to carry around so many filters when one variable one should suffice.

Actually I can understand why. Not so much profit in selling one filter vs 6 or 8
2019-5-17
Use props
ricphoto-S
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Might want to give these a look as well (seems like they're shipping now): https://www.freewellgear.com says here in 5 days with free shipping
BTW: I had looked at the PP filters first (as always) but they weren't going to ship till the 28th with arrival here in the PacNW on June 4-5 when I'll be on the road again.
2019-5-17
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

AngularIan Posted at 5-17 11:26
I don't understand why they can't release variable ND filters like they did with their recent DSLR "Peter McKinnon" signature range. It's a pain having to carry around so many filters when one variable one should suffice.

Actually I can understand why. Not so much profit in selling one filter vs 6 or 8

Weight might be a problem, you can't even stack 2 filters without the gimbal motor straining (I tried).
2019-5-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ricphoto-S Posted at 5-17 12:08
Might want to give these a look as well (seems like they're shipping now): https://www.freewellgear.com says here in 5 days with free shipping
BTW: I had looked at the PP filters first (as always) but they weren't going to ship till the 28th with arrival here in the PacNW on June 4-5 when I'll be on the road again.

It says shipping 20th onPP website.
2019-5-17
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40866 ft
  • >>>
Canada

For underwater shoots, you use a white balance that adds more red. You can also use a red filter. No ND, no polarizer. In many cases, you would use additional lighting.
2019-5-17
Use props
ricphoto-S
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-17 15:11
It says shipping 20th onPP website.

Didn't check the PP site just Amazon...They are projecting the 28th
2019-5-17
Use props
Advanced