Can DJI OSMO Action support 4K60 Rocksteady D-Cinelike?
4475 7 2019-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GioMattarollo
lvl.2
Mexico

Hello everyone! I'm so excited about the new action camera from DJI I thinking of buying it instead of the GoPro but I have some questions for you guys that already have one or for DJI Administrations):

• Can DJI OSMO Action support Video, 4K60fps, Rocksteady stabilization, and D-Cinelike color profile all at the same time?
  • Can OSMO Action also support HDR Video, 4K24fps, Rocksteady stabilization, dewarp, and D-Cinelike color profile all at the same time?

Looking forward to your answers!
2019-5-17
Use props
CubbyJonson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Q1...Yes I believe it can
Q2...i don't think so
2019-5-17
Use props
GioMattarollo
lvl.2
Mexico

CubbyJonson Posted at 5-17 07:37
Q1...Yes I believe it can
Q2...i don't think so

Thank you for replying! for the question 2, can it make the same but without the Rocksteady stability? For example: HDR Video, 4K24fps, dewarp, and D-Cinelike color profile?
2019-5-17
Use props
lummox
lvl.4
United States

I don’t think HDR video and D-cinelike together make sense. I think it’s one or the other.
2019-5-17
Use props
BigStuart
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I picked up an Osmo Action today...

1: Yes, that's possible.
2: No. RockSteady and HDR can't be enabled together. And as lummox said above, HDR and D-Cinelike together doesn't make sense.

HDR and DeWarp can be enabled together at 24fps, 25fps and 30fps.  HDR doesn't work with higher framerates than those.
2019-5-17
Use props
Sauliuslag
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

1-Yes.  2- No. HDR on any resolution not support RS.
2019-5-17
Use props
fans2a47593a
lvl.1
United States

Does anyone know if HDR and Rocksteady will ever be able to be enabled together in a later firmware update?
2019-5-21
Use props
GioMattarollo
lvl.2
Mexico

lummox Posted at 5-17 09:26
I don’t think HDR video and D-cinelike together make sense. I think it’s one or the other.

I think it might because:
*HDR (High Definition Resolution) is: take 2 or more photos (or frame in video) in different exposures to combine them and create a more dynamic range photo or footage;
*D-Cinelike is a flat color profile that by reducing the amount fo colors (and other stuffs) it enhace the dynamic range as well.

As both are different things that increase Dynamic Range, using both at the same time:
*2 or more frames in a flat color profile in different exposures to then combine them and output an even more dynamic range video (more dynamic range because the different exposures and more because the flat color profile).

That's my opinion of how this is possible, I haven't been able to do this test in any device whatsoever.
2019-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules