Phantom 3 Professional - No Signal :(
100677 201 2015-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kingroad18
New

United States

jhall651 Posted at 2015-7-26 04:57
Hey guys.  If you are having the same type of lost signal as me try this.  As soon as you lose signa ...

Doesn't work for me
2015-7-25
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

Well that sucks.  Looks like there are different variations of the no signal problem.  This is disheartening.  Do you start off with a signal and video feed and then lose it?
2015-7-26
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

kingroad18 Posted at 2015-7-26 11:58
Update:  It appears that my system goes into an update mode which it does not ever recoverfrom, le ...

I leave the .bin file on my sd card like it has been recommended to do.  Other than that file I also have a text file that says something about the current .bid file being the same or latest fw.  I deleted that text file to see if maybe it was doing anything.  No idea.
2015-7-26
Use props
bthomsen
New

United States

Am having exact same problems as many here. Had aircraft forone day, did the firmware update, and now no signal! Talked with support on anonline chat for over 2 hours, I believe the only suggestions that came fromthem were being read directly from these forums, as I tried all thesuggestions. Re-formatting SD card. Re-load firmware. Re-linking gimbal to RC.Etc. Nothing worked. The results text file indicates that it continues to tryto update firmware, but comes to the conclusion that the firmware on the SDcard is identical to the current firmware on the craft. In my mind this has tobe related to the firmware update. Very frustrating. I've sent more emailcommunications to support, but no one has even responded. Not sure what to do,as I do not want to send back for repair and wait another 8 weeks to hearanything.

2015-7-26
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

bthomsen Posted at 2015-7-26 23:00
Am having exact same problems as many here. Had aircraft forone day, did the firmware update, and no ...

Yea.  I am not going to send mine back until I give the new fw a try.
2015-7-26
Use props
cewarbin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 191873 ft
United States

My Phantom 3 P did fine the last few flights (only about three so far and went perfect). Now I am having this same issue. All the "try this" did nothing. Everything looks ok, just "No Signal" and no Video feed. So what is up?

This is not my first DJI product. I have the first 450 flamewheel that had version 1.0 firmware and it never had an issue, same for the 550. Phantom 2 with H3-2D, no problems with video feed... No blackouts, no issues on any of them. So, was loving that this had better video feed and longer feed than the 5.8 transmitter setup on the P2.... BUT WHAT IS UP WITH THIS? Firmware 1.2.6 and even tried to update is which of course is a "older or same" version that was already installed. Have hundreds of flights on other DJI stuff, P2 over 100 itself (only issue is at 35% battery wants to come home and land but I take that into flight consideration).....

Whats up with this DJI????? I have a new iPad mini 3 with 64 GB just for this so it has no excess apps, and this even happens with my iPhone 5 as well.

Charles
2015-7-26
Use props
mjcraig
New

United States

cewarbin@yahoo. Posted at 2015-7-27 03:27
My Phantom 3 P did fine the last few flights (only about three so far and went perfect). Now I am ha ...

I just starting having the same issue with the Apple Ipad Air 2.  It was working with no issues all day and then all of a sudden the red No Signal after having powered it down for a couple of hours.  I tried it with my Galaxy S6 and it seems fine.  The interesting part is that if I remove the SD card, it comes up with no issues.  Put a different card in and it seems to work.  Something with that particular card, even after doing a full format of it.
2015-7-26
Use props
mjcraig
New

United States

mjcraig Posted at 2015-7-27 06:42
I just starting having the same issue with the Apple Ipad Air 2.  It was working with no issues al ...

well just for giggles, I dropped a firmware file on that same SD card and it came up with no problems.
2015-7-26
Use props
TossinHoss
lvl.1
United States

mjcraig Posted at 2015-7-27 06:44
well just for giggles, I dropped a firmware file on that same SD card and it came up with no probl ...

I tried several cards and formatted them onboard and on computer, no difference. Power up no card, no difference. Put file on card, just tried to install firmware until it decided it was the same or older version and was unsuccessful. Several USB/lightning cables, no difference. Wonder if it might be the cable on the gimbal? Looked and it looked secure and moved the ends where it connects, felt fine. Don't see any obvious issues. I will say that on occation, my P2 with H3-2D setup with DJI 5.8 transmitter and cables/hub would need the cables nudged to get video or a restart here and there. My home brew 5.8 always worked flawlessly with my home made cable setup.. even had sound.
2015-7-26
Use props
TossinHoss
lvl.1
United States

Well, contacted DJI online support... Worthless. Said it was probably a hardware issue. Also asked me to try several things that I had already stated in my text....so they didn't bother to read it first. Finally told me to go to the Dealer page and contact a dealer listed as a SHOP. I actually know the dealer and several people who are DJI support for them. They don't do repairs. So, the online support was worthless. I called the Drone Nerds in Miami, they put me through to DJI in California and were no help. When the call goes through, DJI has a long wait, says call back later and hangs up. Did this multiple times. All the same hang up after the message. SO, I guess I am lucky that after numerous DJI products from the first Flamewheel 450/ NAZA M1 firmware 1.0 all the way through the P2 H3-2D that I added 5.8 video to and programed to my Futaba 14SGH, I have not had a significant issue and not one fly away.... Hundreds and hundreds of flights... I'm not a newbie either and fly CP 3D Helis and build them and other assorted aircraft the last 5 years.

DJI, can you please support the product??

Charles
2015-7-27
Use props
bthomsen
New

United States

jhall651 Posted at 2015-7-27 00:47
Yea.  I am not going to send mine back until I give the new fw a try.

How soon is there supposed to be another firmware update? I loaded v. 1.2.6, but have had the No Signal issue since.
2015-7-27
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

bthomsen Posted at 2015-7-28 05:25
How soon is there supposed to be another firmware update? I loaded v. 1.2.6, but have had the No S ...

You get absolutely no signal or it random comes and goes?  I have signal about 90% of the time and it randomly just cuts out.  Then if I unplug and replug my cable it's immediately back.  As far as the fw goes nobody knows.  They have been saying "soon" for weeks.  If you have no signal at all one of your connections may have come undone.  I would think about opening it up and checking.
2015-7-27
Use props
TossinHoss
lvl.1
United States

jhall651 Posted at 2015-7-28 06:51
You get absolutely no signal or it random comes and goes?  I have signal about 90% of the time and  ...

No, tried multiple cables and my iPhone too, No Signal 100% of the time no matter what. I did end up finally getting through to DJI support and looks like an RMA and two month wait for mine to get repaired or replaced. Funny how it worked and then just quit working. I will say that the woman at tech support in California was pretty nice and put it up for the next phase (RMA) quickly. They did have me try one more time to do a Firmware update but the P3P just sat there after the initial phase and final D-DD tone and made one heck of a racket at the camera for 36 minutes til I finally turned it off. The tech said it should cut off by itself in 15-20 minutes......So...

BUT WORD OF WARNING---- If you crack it open, voids the warranty, straight out of the tech's mouth. And if you send it to one of the non California DJI Company locations for repair, they invoice you and also void the warranty if it is cracked open.. Verbatim from the tech support line in California... SO, its off to Cali in the morning.
2015-7-27
Use props
bthomsen
New

United States

jhall651 Posted at 2015-7-28 06:51
You get absolutely no signal or it random comes and goes?  I have signal about 90% of the time and  ...

No. Zero signal. I can fly, move the camera around, but No Signal or visual since the firmware update. All the wiring I can see seems to be connected and not loose. I don't have enough knowledge to be able to crack it open, plus don't want to void any warranties.
2015-7-27
Use props
isaacchu
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Same problem here, everything works except the video feed. No solution yet.
2015-7-28
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

As you might know my P3s is coming back from the service center today for the 3rd time. It has only 4 flights because it spend nearly all of its time at DJI : p
The last time i tested it i had a black screen on my Ipad when i powered on the remote and P3. which was weird. I power cycled and the video was there again. In flight i never had black screens, only when i powered the phantom on but its definately scary.

To the ppl with black screen during flight, do you still have the P3 data and position in the map when the video feed is terminated or nothing? That means you have to rely on the RTH feature.
2015-7-28
Use props
JBPHOTO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2950013 ft
Portugal

I' m another one with same problem.

P3 Pro, Ipad Mini 2, fw 1.1. 9, app 1.2.0

After mail to DJI suport, they sugest to make a firmaware update .I've tried a dozen times and the device don't let me do the upgrade. Until now, with this bird i flew more or less ten hours, with no problems. I think the problem began when the Ipad made an auto update to 1.2.0. Now I fly with no video feed.

DJI I have a problem and I would like that you give me the solution. I'm a forced beta tester with my money and my work !!!
2015-8-1
Use props
nome-nai
lvl.1

United States

JBPHOTO Posted at 2015-8-2 04:12
I' m another one with same problem.

P3 Pro, Ipad Mini 2, fw 1.1. 9, app 1.2.0

Same problem for me 4 flights and I have the no signal problem. is this related to the firmware 1.2.6 how can you go back to 1.1.8 is possible?
2015-8-1
Use props
isaacchu
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Changing cable, iphone, sd card will not fix the problem. As what is said in another thread. The problem is the "Reason: Certain chip pins on the SD card are not connecting properly to the circuit causing the camera to start up abnormally, making the screen turn black.", which means a hardware problem. I hope DJI can fix the problem with coming firmware update by changing the camera start up process, otherwise that is no solution except go to service center for repairing.  it is very disappointing about that. Many phantom come ok for the first few week, but i expect that many phantom will suffer this problem day by day.
2015-8-1
Use props
JBPHOTO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2950013 ft
Portugal

nome-nai@hotmai Posted at 2015-8-2 12:10
Same problem for me 4 flights and I have the no signal problem. is this related to the firmware 1. ...

The device has the same fw (1.1.9) because it didn't let me do the upgrade(sucessive errors: failed). I suspect the problem it's with the app (1.2.0).I googled and its possible return to the previous version app (1.1.2) through a process called jailbreak (because in apple the only way to instal is with Itunes). The problem is with this process the Ipad loose the warranty and I'm not sure it can resolve the problem. I will continue  insisting with DJI to do their job: repair the device.
2015-8-2
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

I flew a couple of "missions" with the no signal as well. I'm using P3P as a backup to Inspire while at the LA Spa.
The issue is DJI negotiated to eliminate several channels (freq) from the previous firmware limiting now to a mere 8 channels. All of these issues are related to being left with the worst frequencies for the video feed (lightbridge 2.4g). Even worse is that if you select what appears to be best channel on ground, it may degrade as you fly.
So, it is ALWAYS best to leave on auto! Second, make sure you have the tablet WiFi OFF. Third, understand this is video feed only, not the RC to AC link.
Patience is not my forte, but DJI is forcing me to learn it while I await delivery on a multitude of resolutions and marketing promises. This while my Inspire 1 is in LA.
J.
2015-8-2
Use props
george.ves
lvl.1

Bulgaria

Can anyone please try the firmware 1.3.20 with the new app 2.0 to see if it fixes the video signal ? My P3P is not with me at the moment, so I can't currently test it...
2015-8-4
Use props
MRO007
New

United States

Hi im getting the problem with my P3 advanced.. When I turn it on the gimbal does its movement , then balances itslef.. and it will even follow commands from the controller. But all of this is short lived because after 10-20 seconds the gimble & camera goes limp. this started 2 days ago out of the blue, at first the camera would still give output and be able to record even if it was only looking at the floor. Now I get no camera reception as well. Right now I am putting the 1.3 software on, but it is a little difficult to know how it's going because the camera isn't alive so I can't hear any noises. I can see the light blinking between green and red but then after a while it just blinks green quickly, and then goes back to green red
2015-8-4
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Try formating the sd card to be sure the firmwareupdate is not still on there. Also check the flat cables  that goes to the gimbal. Mine came loose after a hard landing. Could mean you need to open the shell.
2015-8-4
Use props
nom989
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1888822 ft
Russia

MRO007 Posted at 2015-8-4 19:31
Hi im getting the problem with my P3 advanced.. When I turn it on the gimbal does its movement , the ...

Have the same problem. Some difference are that I have P3 professional. And sometimes gimbal do not work even first 20 seconds. It is down right from the beginning.
It also started around 3 days ago out of the blue.

Please notify if have some progress
2015-8-4
Use props
MRO007
New

United States

Swedrone Posted at 2015-8-4 19:54
Try formating the sd card to be sure the firmwareupdate is not still on there. Also check the flat c ...

I've formatted the sd.. then put the 1.3 update on it. I put the sd in the P3 and left it on for about 40 minutes. The light on the camera acts as if it's updating (green+red light) for a few minutes before it then starts blinking green quickly and then goes back to green+red. It seems like it would continue to do this forever if I left it. After 40 minutes I take the sd and check it on my computer and I see no TXT file so I believe it's safe to assume the update did not happen. There is no beeps or noises to listen to because once the gimbal goes limp it remains silent.
2015-8-4
Use props
sfdrago
New

Italy

i have the same problem guys. No video feed, and no signal text. Not a single hard landing / crash. it was powered on on the table, after 3-4 minutes no live feed.
Tried everything, no luck.
2015-8-4
Use props
bthomsen
New

United States

isaacchu Posted at 2015-8-2 14:00
https://youtu.be/9D1PN7o8gxE

Changing cable, iphone, sd card will not fix the problem. As what is s ...

Am having the exact same issue. Loaded new firmware today (1.3.20) successfully, but still same black screen and NO SIGNAL red bar. And service has been nearly impossible to contact. Very disappointing.
2015-8-4
Use props
mkultra007
New

United States

george.ves Posted at 2015-8-4 16:04
Can anyone please try the firmware 1.3.20 with the new app 2.0 to see if it fixes the video signal ? ...

Just unboxed my brand new P3P and updated the IOS app to the latest version, as well as the controller and aircraft firmware to 1.3.20.  Updates went fine.  All showed successful in the update log file on the SD card.

Now, seeming randomly, I'm seeing "Weak RC Signal" in the app, even when standing 3 feet away from the aircraft outdoors.  This is in a normal density neighborhood full of houses with no cell tower or anything like that in the immediate vicinity.  Tried my iPhone and iPad both -- always in airplane mode.

Still getting a solid video feed, and the aircraft responds to motor start and stop commands.  Also did a manual and auto takeoff without incident.  That said, I'm not going to fly this thing for real until I get to test out the connection in a nice, big, clear field.  

From everything I've read on the various forums, it sounds like this could be buggy firmware... with A/C control still working.  Sigh.  The P3P seems like an awesome platform, but the lack of response from DJI others have mentioned regarding this topic is disappointing.  You'd think they'd be all over their own forum answering a thread like this.
2015-8-4
Use props
Steve.Petry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 462621 ft
  • >>>
United States

The only line you need to read is the last one... does it say "successful"
2015-8-4
Use props
Steve.Petry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 462621 ft
  • >>>
United States

kingroad18 Posted at 2015-7-26 11:58
Update:  It appears that my system goes into an update mode which it does not ever recoverfrom, le ...

2015-8-4
Use props
ppreblich.cadet
lvl.2
United States

Steve.Petry Posted at 2015-8-5 09:32

Same as everyone else...everything working fine...then no video transmission, the red box of death.  Checked all cables etc.  Tried numerous times to update...text on card says its the same or older already on P3P (also it starts out with green and red flashing lights on the gimble, then goes to solid red and makes a nasty noise that won't quit). Never crashed...flies great, will record and take pics and have full gimble control...just can't see what i'm filming until i land and look at the card.....i'm glad im not the only one with the problem...i just hope someone comes up with a solution, it's annoying to say the least!!  Guess i'll have to fly the P2 for a while or my solo
2015-8-4
Use props
nom989
lvl.2
Russia

MRO007 Posted at 2015-8-5 03:07
I've formatted the sd.. then put the 1.3 update on it. I put the sd in the P3 and left it on for a ...

I had exactly the same when trying to upgrade. But finally I was able to upgrade to the latest firmware 1.3.20. After 10+ attempts. Not sure how I do it. In any case, it did not help. Still gimbal and camera not working.
Here is video of my problem.

Sometimes gimbal fell asleep even from the beginnig, but if I slightly touch it, it begins to work for 10-20 seconds. Then goes down.
It seems to be there is two different types of problem people have here. One have completely camera and gimbal not working, other just can't see signal, but can record video.
2015-8-5
Use props
k.kavelaars
lvl.2

Netherlands

Go back to the first version 1.19, let it run on this firmware, then try to go back to the latest software, my bird had the same problems, but after this downgrade and than to the newest upgrade the bird was super with no problems ad all...
2015-8-5
Use props
kriley50
lvl.2

United States

k.kavelaars@qui Posted at 2015-8-5 19:56
Go back to the first version 1.19, let it run on this firmware, then try to go back to the latest so ...

I've had the " No Signal" problem since July 4th.  Everything I have tried has failed.  DJI wanted me to send the Bird back for Repairs.  I decided to wait for the new firmware.    I loaded the new firmware and it worked for 1 flight.  I did have a video disconnect for a few seconds but that was it.  The phantom flew Awesome.. I took pictures and recorded Video.   Now the Red Box of Death is back!    I have never crashed my Phantom.  I have tried all the recommended ideas.  Calibrations, cables, different IPads, Androids nothing has worked.   Now I'm thinking of Rolling back to the 1.19 to see if that fixes things.
2015-8-5
Use props
MRO007
New

United States

It's really crazy we're not getting any response from DJI here in the forum
2015-8-5
Use props
MRO007
New

United States

Another problem I found. If I connect micro usb from gimbal to computer, it will only read the sd card for 10 seconds at a time before disconnecting and then reconnecting.. I assume this is why I can't get the firmware to upgrade or downgrade. Does anyone know which wires connect the sd card to the power source, the wires going into the shell or the wires going into the sonar? What I think is happening is the gimbal is fine but after the sd disconnects the first time, the gimbal won't reboot until after you restart the entire phantom. But I'm looking at all my cables with the gimbal removed and none of them have any problems, the pins are fine, and the wires going into the shell are held tightly down so it couldn't have pulled on the interior end of the wires. wtf?
2015-8-5
Use props
sfdrago
New

Italy

k.kavelaars@qui Posted at 2015-8-5 19:56
Go back to the first version 1.19, let it run on this firmware, then try to go back to the latest so ...

tried. nothing changed.
2015-8-5
Use props
nom989
lvl.2
Russia

MRO007 Posted at 2015-8-5 23:30
Another problem I found. If I connect micro usb from gimbal to computer, it will only be read sd car ...

Indeed, I have the same. Do not know how I was able to upgrade the firmware. Perhaps in one of the attempts firmware had time to download in copter.
2015-8-5
Use props
k.kavelaars
lvl.2

Netherlands

Sorry guys having the same problem now, olso no signal this is crab...i do not understand why DJI can not solve all this problems in ONE decent update ad once?
2015-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules