Phantom 3 Professional - No Signal :(
100698 201 2015-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sfdrago
New

Italy

DJI told me today that's very probabily it's a lightbridge fault. (hardware)
i'll return it in the next days.
2015-8-6
Use props
adamshaban1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 285495 ft
United States

What worked for me is to push in the little cable that connects the camera to the plane with my finger tip. It seems like it became shifted or slightly dislodged while putting on the gamble protector or during transport, result was instant return of my video feed.
2015-8-13
Use props
TossinHoss
lvl.1
Flight distance : 191873 ft
United States

SENT MINE IN. They have had it checked in for 7 Days so far. Supposed to be 6 weeks? Geesh. I was also told it was probably hardware. Lucky thing I still had the receipt for warranty (yes they actually warranty these if you have the documentation of when you purchased it, as long as its not crash or damage). They sent out a prepaid shipping label and all I had to do was box it up. I did photo all the SN's on the craft and transmitter and I will see if the numbers on the one returned match. I'll post back up when I get it checked in and fly it a bit to report if the repair was good and it works.
2015-8-13
Use props
kwipedro
lvl.1

United States

MRO007 Posted at 2015-8-5 23:30
Another problem I found. If I connect micro usb from gimbal to computer, it will only read the sd ca ...

I have the same problem, so I can't even update the software, when I look in "about" at the app it says: unknown firmware. It doesn't update with SD card and with USB just disconnects after about 10-15 seconds. NO SIGNAL ISSUE.
2015-8-18
Use props
Isa.boden
New

Canada

Having the same issue with a 4 day old copter. I tried all the remedies from this thread with no success. Day 1 sweet easy flying in a local field. Day 2 it started out normal with an occasional black video feed with full gimbal and camera control from the remote. It progressed to sporadic video and a loss of camera and gimbal control. Now the camera and gimbal boot up and go limp in 10-15 seconds without ever giving me a feed of any kind. She still flies perfect, always connected to the controller and the iOS app gives me real time flight details. It's obviously a camera issue. Whether it's firmware or hardware is anyone's guess.  It seems the camera was constantly trying to reboot with the Dji logo popping up every 10-15 seconds in the black video screen before the system went fully useless. At that time the shutter button would go grey and useless but I was still getting video feeds. Now it's just a very expensive copter with no camera abilities whatsoever. Can't get ahold of DJI, thinking about stopping payment through AMEX until they can resolve this issue by replacing my defective machine or refunding my money and taking it back. I really just want a working unit!!! Maybe I was expecting quality control and customer service we just won't see until phantom 5?
2015-8-18
Use props
kwipedro
lvl.1

United States

I'm having the same issue and just called DJI they asked me to send it back once the update seems to not work and nothing solves the problem. Up to 8 weeks wait, I'm very disappointed.
EDIT: I sent my P3 and DJI actually fixed in 2 weeks, now it's already back and working, they say it was a problem in the camera so they replaced it, if you are facing the same problem (no signal but still flies with no image, and impossible to update the firmware by SD or USB) do the same, send the drone to be fixed.

2015-8-19
Use props
capbat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54905 ft
  • >>>
Canada

TossinHoss Posted at 2015-7-27 16:37
Well, contacted DJI online support... Worthless. Said it was probably a hardware issue. Also asked m ...

Completely agreed with you. DJI does not have any support. I only, once could get to talk with them, that is if you make your call at exactly 09:00 AM Pacific time when they open their line, because after that, forget it, you always get the same message all day long, 'We are sorry we are getting an exceptionally high volume of call please call back later.' and then they hang up. Once and only once I did get an answer when I called at exactly 09:00 AM Pacific, but the line was abruptly lost after 3 minutes. (strange line lost in 2015),  As for opening a problem with them for a RMA or for any other matter, I have written to them 5 days ago, I am still waiting for an answer.  On a scale of 0-10 for customer support, I give you a -0 That is minus 0.
Bat
2015-8-29
Use props
tupper
New

United States

Count me in with the 4k camera no signal issue. Got the Phantom about a month ago and was prompted to update the firm ware and did so to the latest. I've had only about  10 flights with it and have been very cautious of flight conditions - no rashes or flying in the rain. Maybe 4 flights ago I received the "No Signal" notice and the camera button went from red to grey. I thought it was my imagination or maybe the battery charge fell below a 50% level. It happened again today after about 20 seconds into the flight. Up came "No Signal" and the grey camera button. Landed the Phantom immediately thinking its a fly away or crash situation and then searched this forum for a solution.
Nada!
I will try some of the recommendations from previous posts to see if maybe there is a cure. But having purchased lens filters (that don't fit), carbon blades, spare battery in an all inclusive kit do feel this a rather a poor investment. On the positive side I will say the Phantom 3 flies very well and stable, unless there is another caveat around the next corner... However, being a still photographer looking for new adventure and the equipment not living up to the advertisement does come with disappointment.
2015-9-1
Use props
rogerionacir
New

Brazil

kingroad18 Posted at 2015-7-26 11:58
Update:  It appears that my system goes into an update mode which it does not ever recoverfrom, le ...

This my file for update firmeware

Result: Failed.
Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.03.0020.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

Upgrading ...

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:14 remo-con disconnect======

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect======
Upgrading ...

2015-9-3
Use props
tmmatherne
New

United States

Count me in on the issue.  I've only been having mine for a week and "No Signal" error started on 3rd day.
2015-9-3
Use props
brycerichert
lvl.3
United States

Good luck guys... They'll have your quad for 10 weeks or so. Sucks having it for so short of time to have that happen then they sit on it.
2015-9-3
Use props
djiphantom2.res
lvl.1

Netherlands

Thank god that I am not the only one - good to read that other have the exact same problem.
Phantom3 Pro with the latest firmware - this problem for me started after updating to the latest firmware.

When using my iPhone6 I get disconnects straight away - when I am using my Nexus 5 I get less disconnects but then midair the signal is gone .. sometimes it does reconnect though. I can still control my phantom but there is no videofeed - which is quite unhandy when trying to shoot paid jobs :S

Let's hope that DJI will fix these problems in the coming firmware update - which also bring POI, Follow me etc..

- The Netherlands
2015-9-4
Use props
kwipedro
lvl.1

United States

Ok, I'm gonna have to change my review on this one, I sent my P3 and DJI actually fixed in 2 weeks, now it's already back and working, they say it was a problem in the camera so they replaced it, if you are facing the same problem (no signal but still flies with no image, and impossible to update the firmware by SD or USB) do the same, send the drone to be fixed.
2015-9-4
Use props
Bittsandbobs
lvl.2

Montenegro

adamshaban1 Posted at 2015-8-14 04:50
What worked for me is to push in the little cable that connects the camera to the plane with my fing ...

Do you have any further instructions on how you did this?
Did you have to take the camera apart, of just push on one of the cables?
Which cable?

Thanks,
B&B
2015-9-4
Use props
Bittsandbobs
lvl.2

Montenegro

tupper Posted at 2015-9-1 22:06
Count me in with the 4k camera no signal issue. Got the Phantom about a month ago and was prompted t ...

Is it always the 4K camera that has the problem?

I ask this because I have a 1 week old P3P and have this frustrating problem.
My co-worker has a brand new P3A and his is trouble free.

It might be the problem is inherent to the 4K camera.
2015-9-4
Use props
ag0n
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Bittsandbobs Posted at 2015-9-4 14:51
Is it always the 4K camera that has the problem?

I ask this because I have a 1 week old P3P and h ...

Absolutely not.  I don't know about the Standard, but it definitely involves the Advanced also.  I have had it happen, but (knock on wood) it has been awhile now and has been working flawlessly for awhile.

Do be sure you "unload" your device (pad/phone/tablet) so it is able to devote full processing power to the pilot application.  It is a hog.  Also be sure the FLAT of the antennas are broadside to the quad, not pointed to it like I've seen many people do.  The signal radiates out of the flat sides (and that's why the reflector slid down over the antenna increases gain).
2015-9-5
Use props
adamshaban1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 285495 ft
United States

Bittsandbobs Posted at 2015-9-5 03:47
Do you have any further instructions on how you did this?
Did you have to take the camera apart, o ...

I flipped the drone upside down and the connector to where the thin cable connects to the camera, just push that in and make sure it didn't become dislodged.
Second, follow that cable to the main part of the camera where you put the SD card in, give it a little push to make sure its set properly. Mine has been working fine ever since
2015-9-6
Use props
lowallin
lvl.1

Sweden

Looks like I've joined the club as well!

The "twist" I'm experiencing is that I only have the problem on my Android (Samsung) tablet. When I unplug it from the RC and plug in an iPad Air instead, it connects and just works directly. If I then plug the Android tablet back in, I get No Signal either immediately or after a couple of seconds. Switching back to the iPad and then it just works.
2015-9-9
Use props
TossinHoss
lvl.1
United States

I sent mine in in mid/late July.Still haven't started working on it yet. They logged it in about 5 days after I sent it in and after logging it in, they have had it for 34 days so far. No update about the status or anything. I'm in the US, Georgia and had to send it to California. I also wrote on my ticket that I would like the warranty to be extended the length of time they keep it since I don't actually have possession or use of it. Fair? I think so.

Last few weeks I haven't checked often on the status but yesterday it was 33 days.

2015-9-9
Use props
george.ves
lvl.1

Bulgaria

I've installed the 1.4 update and still nothing. This is it for me. I'll be contacting DJI today to send in my P3P for repairs. Hopefully I won't take more than a month...
2015-9-9
Use props
culbyj
New

United States

Just out of curiosity I have a P3Standard  and Mine worked well for 3 flites and the the video stopped working I have the same issue .Tho I havent seen anyone else try checkingthe camera.  With Mine It flies like many of you .   O I wondered if the camera was broken I used my ellipsis 8 tablet fom Verizon with dji Pro app and I snapped pictres and took video even tho My cren is blank.  Ithen hooked up tomy lappy and apparently the camera is working because the video and oictures were recorded and played just fine on laptop My questin is that:   
'
HAs anyone of you tried this as well.  It seems I have a standard pahantom andYou guys are complaining about pro and adv series..   So I think I have the sameissue But I wanna know if anyone else has actuallytaken pics and vid with that blank screen and if the camera has wprked right ??       I'm very very curious yo see reponses to this post since havent seen anyone try it from wha Ive read..
2015-9-11
Use props
jayhkr
lvl.4

United States

adamshaban1 Posted at 2015-9-6 21:51
I flipped the drone upside down and the connector to where the thin cable connects to the camera,  ...

Going to give this a shot next week (or sooner) and see if this helps me as well.  Did you hear any "clicks" or feel like it was going in at all when you did this?  Seems like such a simple fix for it to actually work, but who knows!  Thanks for the tip!
2015-9-11
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1609482 ft
Greece

Hi all, No Signal friends !!!

I decided to send it for repair, it seems the no signal is a hardware problem.

I tried everything !!! I dont want to have a maybe defective-briken bird.

DJI send me an e-mail that i will have to send it to Netherlands for repair !
I hope it wont take long.

I will update when i have news !!!

cheers
2015-9-12
Use props
info
lvl.1

France

I had a 'no signal'-problem, too, when using it with an not-well-known brand of tablet (tablet touch 10) with Android 4.4 on it. My solution was: using a Samsung Galaxy Android v4.4.2 instead. No more 'no signal'-problems.

(However, after having done my first successful flight with the P3, today, I was unable to open the dji GO app for a second flight later on. The app seems to start up but then I get the message: "dji GO has stopped". This has, as far as I know, nothing to do with the 'no signal'-problem. So, if I would recommend you first try to get your drone to work with another tablet/smart-phone from a friend or family member, before sending your drone back for repair).
2015-9-12
Use props
Oxnardmonte
lvl.1

United States

Hi everyone, I feel like I wrote this post.
I have the same exact issues.
I'm hoping I can get some help on my P3-PRo. The Problems;

When I power up the drone the camera does its little dance and song then the camera goes to its horizontal position, about 15 seconds past then the camera droops down about 15 degrees and
stays there drooping. I try to raise the camera with the gimbal wheel but nothing, camera
does not raise or lower.

Second issue, after powering up the iPad, remote and drone I used to be able to see on the iPad
Air 2 whatever the camera was focused on,
but now I just have a black screen showing the DJI logo but no view from the camera. Plus I tried downloading the latest update to the drone that just came out 9/7/2015.
It will not start the updating process.
I flew my drone two days ago and it was all good except I couldn't find my sd cards so I wasn't
Able to take video or pics.
Can someone please help?  I did check all the possible solutions that was offered and I didn't
See any obvious problems.

2015-9-12
Use props
Oxnardmonte
lvl.1

United States

I have the same exact copter with a iPad Air 2, I have identical problems like you. I'm at the tiping point. PLEASE James did you get a solution to your issues??

I called DJI Tech and one tech said to recalibrate the gimbal, after getting disconnected I called back and a tech said no don't recalibrate the gimbal it's an issue with the App. I mysteriously lost connection again ,
So I'm lost, Please tell me you fixed your problem and how????
2015-9-12
Use props
Geoff Charters
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17362 ft
Australia

george.ves Posted at 2015-7-22 20:56
Тhis is what I am getting. Perfect signal but no video feed...

Are you guys seeing the same black  ...

Yes that is what I'm getting. No video feed. I've taken video and photos and camera works fine but kind of flying blind without video feed. Seems like upgrade had a bug and we have to wait for a fix. Sucks because I have a big job in 2 days and will prob lose job because of this.
2015-9-13
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Greece

Geoff Charters Posted at 2015-9-14 00:37
Yes that is what I'm getting. No video feed. I've taken video and photos and camera works fine but ...

Hi Geoff.

I am in a simullar situation. But after 2 months of no signal issues, even if i can do work with it, i will send it in for warranty service, before it expires.
Many people say its the camera.

And we must consider, if we make money out of it, we must have at least 2 birds.
Imagine you are responsible of delivering aerial images of a project and something happens with the phantom and eventually you cannot deliver.
It will be bad for you and noone will trust you again.

I am thinking also for a 2nd P3P for this reason.
2015-9-14
Use props
TossinHoss
lvl.1
United States

jjejfjf Posted at 2015-9-12 16:49
Is there a way to check on the status without having to call them?

It's online, you can communicate and  they will respond to some messages. I sent mine July 31, they received it Aug 4. Today I get a message saying they are going to replace my unit with a new one. So it took six weeks for them to look at it and do something. They called replacing it a one time courtesy. When you get a RMA number they will email you a link to the repair ticket portal, that is how you check on it. I think login was the same as my forum ID and my DJI app signin.

Not sure what was up for them to replace it. I'd like to find out to let others know in case they had the same issue.

Hoss
2015-9-14
Use props
TossinHoss
lvl.1
United States

Geoff Charters Posted at 2015-9-13 17:37
Yes that is what I'm getting. No video feed. I've taken video and photos and camera works fine but ...

Put a big card and take a ton of photos and you may get get some good ones. I used a F450 flame wheel with a GoPro 2 years ago and that's what I did. Video too. The new P3S does the same photo as the Pro but is only $699.... Has Wifi and less range than the Lightbridge though... Maybe 2.7 video too. Make a great 2nd or backup...I still use my Flamewheel, and a P2 with 5.8 video  feed for backups. Send it back though, takes a while but make sure your 12 month warranty is not up!

Hoss
2015-9-14
Use props
TossinHoss
lvl.1
United States

Oxnardmonte Posted at 2015-9-12 16:18
Hi everyone, I feel like I wrote this post.
I have the same exact issues.
I'm hoping I can get some ...

Was it fine without the card but not working with it? Heard that some of the card slots were bad...
2015-9-14
Use props
Oxnardmonte
lvl.1

United States

TossinHoss Posted at 2015-9-14 16:54
Was it fine without the card but not working with it? Heard that some of the card slots were bad.. ...

Fine without the card. Upgraded to the ultra fast as disk now with updated firmware and still unable to upload 141, no video feed and cannot move camera with gimbal wheel. Problems started two days before update came out and was already using the go app. Thank you.
2015-9-14
Use props
creposuke
New

France

I'm not sure about this solution but I have nothing better for the moment so....

on this post : http://forum.dji.com/thread-23263-6-1.html

user robrogkr made a custom firmware who can reset the P3P and after that you can install a firmware again.

I try to contact him to receive the firmware, when it's good I share with you ( I wait an answer since 3 week, stay positive ^^ )
2015-9-15
Use props
Phantom_Film
lvl.4
Greece

Well many say that the NO SIGNAL, could be an app bug, lightbridge or camera hardware problem etc etc...

When i contact Dji, they told me to send it in. So i think they must know exactly the issues around the world.

If i had another 5 months till warranty expires i could try things i read around that maybe fix this issue. Since i have it from May, i am sending it in.
Just a thought to consider that you dont want to end up with a defective bird. It will be hard to fix it after warranty, if lets say it needs a new camera !
2015-9-15
Use props
GregL
New
Flight distance : 276 ft
United States

Same no signal here, too. The issue started when I upgraded to FW 1.4. Both iOS and Android. I've tried everything. Last night it decided to work on one android device but not the other identical device. No reason for it to start working. I didn't do anything new. Very strange.
2015-9-15
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

i am using a samsung s4 and get 'no signal' all the time.  So what i do is restart the phone before each flight, and restart the rc unit and bird.  i sometimes lose signal by the end of a battery, 20+ minutes so far, but usually it hangs on for the full tank of electricity.  but if i try to get two flights without restarting everything i lose signal almost every time.  ymmv.
2015-9-15
Use props
ThatMarriedGuy
lvl.1

United States

I just had this happen to me midflight twice, also first time flying this P3P... removed the fancy short cable I bought recommended off amazon and replaced it with a factory iphone cable and fixed it, works perfectly now.
2015-9-16
Use props
TossinHoss
lvl.1
United States

jjejfjf Posted at 2015-9-15 20:29
Thanks for the reply. I did figure out how to check the repair status. I sent mine in a week ago T ...

It just says "craft is being replaced with a new unit" . I'll check SN's when I get it. So far I've heard nothing else, no tracking number or response to my question about one on the support ticket page...
2015-9-16
Use props
TossinHoss
lvl.1
United States

So, from what I gather from my experience and research, this is a hardware issue. While moving cables might fix the issue for some, my bet is that it won't last. I think by now it is a known issue and the hardware that has the problem needs to be replaced. It's a long process to send it in but DJI does eventually handle the problem. Lack of communication and length of time in repair are the two biggest problems to contend with. It's a PITA. I was reluctant to send mine in because of that.

I do know other people that have had no real issues other than the optical sensor problem after an update. Seems like quite a few have our issue but considering how many of these they sell, a small percent of them have real issues...
2015-9-16
Use props
aaron.ferguson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1641752 ft
United Kingdom

kingroad18 Posted at 2015-7-26 04:58
Update:  It appears that my system goes into an update mode which it does not ever recoverfrom, le ...

Yes I got that too in the field. For some reason I think it tried to upgrade and failed - leaving me with no video and the NO SIGNAL message. Back home a downgrade to 1.3.20 fixed it (and re-upgrade to 1.4.0010 was fine). In future I'll leave the firmware off the SD card!
2015-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules