123456Next >
100686 201 2015-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kill1308
New

United Kingdom

Hi there,

I don't like my first post on a forum to be asking help with a problem, but I'm struggling to get anywhere so I'm hoping someone might have a few minutes spare to help me out.

I've had a Phantom 3 Professional for about a week now, and updated to the latest firmware on arrival. I have been flying it around all week with no problems, then today out of nowhere, I suddenly get an issue where there is no signal coming from the camera. The iPhone and iPad app both show "No signal" in Red.

There does appear to be some communication between the Phantom and the RC, as I can power the motors on and hover it. I just can't seem to get any video feed from it at all.
When the aircraft powers up, the camera/gimbal go through a movement procedure, but then after about 10 seconds, the camera and gimbal go limp and the camera is just hanging around.

I'm not sure if it could be related, but today I used a different SD card, that's the only thing I've done differently. So far I've tried :

- Complete power cycle several times
- Moving back to the original SD card
- Tried both iPad and iPhone and a different USB cable
- Force closed app and re-opened, and rebooted the tablet and phone

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for reading

James
2015-6-7
Use props
kill1308
New

United Kingdom

Forgot to mention, I did search the forum beforehand, but all similar posts seem to be related to the Inspire 1 aircraft.
2015-6-7
Use props
giant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31565 ft
Netherlands

Maybe you should try this: reformat the original SD card and/or reset your Phantom to factory default. The try again...
2015-6-7
Use props
Ulysse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

No way a bad SD card could interfere with the signal as you can even fly without SD card.
Did you try to remove all apps from the memory on the iPad and relaunch the app ?
Do you have the green LED on the RC ?
Did you launch the app after RC and quad are powered up ?
2015-6-7
Use props
andreas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28442 ft
Germany

Not sure here if I am adding to confusion or help.., but you got me to the right track for solving the problem :-)

I was facing the exact same issue until some minutes ago: I could fly the drone, but first, the gimbal would get itself started, worked some seconds and then fell asleep (camera facing down, no more motion). No camera image on the app.
I then realized some of the white cables connecting camera and copter where damaged: One cable was torn out of the plug. I disassembled the camera from the gimbal base plate, unplugged the two white cable plugs and put the one loose cable back in using pincers. Reconnected and assembled all and the gimbal would work fine after that. No image on the app however.
After reading your question, I tried changing SD cards. No effect, but doing that I realized one of the antenna cables in the copter legs was cut (however THAT happened...). After soldering them back together camera and gimbal worked as expected, app had camera image.
After that: Changing SD cards (SanDisk ULTRA 32GB and SanDisk EXTREME 32 GB) had no effect, both were working fine, as expected.

So: I' assume it's not the SD Card but you might want to check camera cable connections and antenna.

Best,
Andreas
[EDIT] Just to make that clear: YES, the copter DID have one or two hard landings before the problem occured. It worked fine out of the box.
2015-6-7
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117343 ft
United Kingdom

Sounds like you need a new cable. Phone -> RC
2015-6-7
Use props
kill1308
New

United Kingdom

Thanks very much for the replies, appreciated.

In answer to all your questions...

To clarify in case I wasn't clear sorry, the RC and the phone/tablet do have some comms to the Phantom, as I can actually fly it. The video signal from the phantom to the phone is what is not working, and the camera appears unpowered (once it's gone through the startup sequence, where it does appear to work normally).

- I've replaced the Phone to RC cable and I'm sorry to say that this hasn't made any difference
- I always start the app after the controller and the quadcopter are linked. The app does seem to get some comms, as it can still control the phantom
- The LED is green on the RC once it's linked to the phantom
- Not sure how to reset the phantom back to factory settings, I've googled it but don't seem to be able to find info relating to the Phantom 3 - only the 2.
- Thanks for the suggestion that it could be a bad connection, I've genuinely not had any hard landings, I've only flown it a couple of times and I've been very careful with the landings, it's only come down very gently. I guess it's worth a visual check anyway though

I think maybe it's best for me to contact DJI or the Dealer tomorrow morning, although from what I've heard, DJI aren't the best at getting back to people.

Appreciate you guys taking the time to reply, if there's any more suggestions I'd be glad to hear them

Thanks again
2015-6-7
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

Try to rebind the p3 to the controller.  You push a button on the gimble with a paper clip and then in the pilot app settings select "linking rc" after pushing the button on the p3..  That should re sync them..  I've had to do that on my lightbridge once after a firmware upgrade and it's been working fine ever since
2015-6-7
Use props
kill1308
New

United Kingdom

Thanks for that - I have literally just this second tried rebinding the Phantom to the RC.

Sadly that has made no difference either appreciate the suggestion though.
2015-6-7
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

Page 28 and 29 in the p3 pro manual explains how to do this...  It's worth a shot
2015-6-7
Use props
kill1308
New

United Kingdom

Thanks Mark
2015-6-7
Use props
Golias82
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4229478 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I have the same problem here
I buy my P3 wednesday
its all updated, im using iPhone5s with a brand new original usb cable
Yesterday i made the 1st flyght
NO Signal
after 4/5 atempts i have green message safe to fly
but i think i will have more issues the next time...
Any solution??
image.jpg
2015-6-14
Use props
kriley50
lvl.2

United States

I am having this exact same issue.  I updated all the firmware and App software to the latest version.  I flew the Phantom 3 or 4 times with no issues.   Now I'm getting the No Signal message.   I can actually fly the  Quad with no issue,  I just don't have a Video feed.   This looks like a Bug to me!
2015-7-5
Use props
musman1978
lvl.2

Poland

ok Guys,

let's be more precise here ... issue looks like one that I have,
I can fly with no issues but suddenly no signal / disconnected (no video feed) appear,
for me it is like in loop ... no signal ... disconnected and after 2 or 3 seconds video feed is back and again after 2 or 3 seconds same issue.
for majority of flights all is ok and also I cannot force to have this issue to create some replicate scenario.
Restart of DJIpiot app is not solving this problem but restart of app and disconnect and connect back USB is solving this on my side.
all the time I have connection between remote and drone ...

so for all of you please log issue with DJI Support to put attention on this ... I already did this twice adding some additional info to this issue.
for me this looks like FW or DJIpilot app bug ... or to be more precise FW on remote.

now I will log one more with link to this thread ...
2015-7-5
Use props
musman1978
lvl.2

Poland

one more point here,

this is affecting android and IOS users,
P3P and P3A ...
2015-7-5
Use props
musman1978
lvl.2

Poland

Update,
DJI Support answered to my last email:

Support4.Europe(DJI)
Jul 6, 13:31

Currently HQ China is working on a new update. Therefore I would like to kindly ask you to have a little patience until it is released.

Best regards
Technical support
DJI GmbH

so fingers crossed
2015-7-5
Use props
jade52
lvl.1

United States

Same issue with my P3P (FW 1.2.6) using iPad mini 2 (dji app 1.2).
It was flying perfect a few days ago and just have some drifting issue and reporting inaccurate altitude. Then all of a sudden the video signal feed are not coming up in my iPad mini 2 with a red bar "No Signal" in the middle top. The controller seems to be communicating with the P3P but no video feed. I can take pictures/videos and it saves it in the SD card. I will not fly my P3P until this is resolved hopefully the next FW will resolve so many of the issues/bugs introduced from FW 1.2.6.
2015-7-10
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have this issue also - but I think I've had it occasionally on other firmware also.

To be very clear.....

1. Full R/C control of the aircraft is maintained.
2. It seems to happen more when the Phantom is close to me or high above me - reorientation of the antennas (holding REMOTE up) can sometimes reconnect, but it is not stable when it does do.
3. When it occurs I land the bird and reset everything - and then it usually works fine on the next flight.

I had just wrote a tip about this today!
http://www.droneflyers.com/talk/ ... 69/page-2#post-3413
2015-7-10
Use props
rdc44444
lvl.4

United States

I also had the dreaded red no signal of death for the first time after 54 flights. It Has only occurred on the  latest firmware and iOS app.
2015-7-10
Use props
debecc
lvl.1

United States

jade52 Posted at 2015-7-11 07:58
Same issue with my P3P (FW 1.2.6) using iPad mini 2 (dji app 1.2).
It was flying perfect a few days  ...

Exactly problems I am having. My altitude was -7 ft tonight
Lost signal and got the PS3 back but flew again and camera lockup
Waiting paitiently for new / old firmware
2015-7-11
Use props
Swiss Tony
lvl.2
Flight distance : 505459 ft
United Kingdom

I had it a bunch of times, tried different existing cables and no change. Bought the neat little Apple lightening one and it's been gravy ever since. The lightening cables are real fragile, always remove without force. Not saying you haven't been, and your issue seems to be more deep routed but I bet the majority of these issues are down to the cable. Would be good if we could connect wirelessly. Pretty please DJI??!!
2015-7-11
Use props
george.ves
lvl.1

Bulgaria

I also have this issue from today. Everything is working perfectly except for the video feed. I only see black screen. Really hope there will be an update to fix this cause the drone is pointless right now...
2015-7-17
Use props
Mudcon
lvl.3

United States

I have or hopfully HAD the same problem.   Every night I have been trying stuff and no help.   Last night I did some things and out of two full battery runs it did perfect.   Read through my post I updated this morning.  It worked for me last night.  I will keep testing over the weekend.   BTW  I bet if you look you will have poor radio channel quality also.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D235%26typeid%3D235
2015-7-17
Use props
george.ves
lvl.1

Bulgaria

Тhis is what I am getting. Perfect signal but no video feed...

Are you guys seeing the same black screen on your devices ?
2015-7-22
Use props
blo220
lvl.1
Germany

yup same for me P3P on Note 4 or Ipad 2 mini... drives me nuts - im flying commercially.
2015-7-22
Use props
franco.crestoni
lvl.1

Italy

when i have no signal alarm I check the Image Transmission Settings where is possible to verify the signal power and I found for all the channels a value less than 90 -dBm
Screenshot_2015-07-22-14-59-50.png
2015-7-22
Use props
Mudcon
lvl.3

United States

that is the same I was getting,  I havent gotten no video since what I did in my other post but at times my image transmission settings look like your but still no video lost yet again thank god.
2015-7-22
Use props
jguay64
lvl.1

United States

I've experienced the same problems, I turned on airplane mode on my iPhone and experienced excellent communications with no drop of signal. Try is and let me know if it helps. --- by doing this you are disabling wifi and blue tooth as well as cellular communications, the device is fully dedicated to communicating this the RC.
2015-7-22
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

make sure the wires connecting the phantom from the gimbal are in tight
2015-7-22
Use props
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14495 ft
Denmark

It´s like a virus - Im having the same issue from today?
All worked 100% until now. Not even 1 hard landing and the Phantom looks like it just came out of the box.
but all of a sudden "No Signal" both on IOS and Android - I have both. ....and the gimbal makes hell of a noise after about 30-40 sec.

Crap´
2015-7-22
Use props
pmarsh2802
lvl.1
Flight distance : 198927 ft
United States

I am having same issues but this could be an Apple issue. I'm interested in what device and iOS version people with problems have.

Could be a permissions issue with Apple devices and/or Dji possibly not writing the code exactly to apple protocol.

Two fixes. A) start up the phone or iPad etc first. With password. Then connect cable to controller then power up controller then phantom.

B) try briefly try disconnecting the iPad/iPhone cable from controller while both are powered up then plug it back in again.

This seems to be a temp fix for me.

Thoughts?
P
2015-7-22
Use props
Kyokushin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

And i have got same here.
Telemetry working, i can fly, gimball movement working, but not video feed,
I tried to restart everything a few times. No effect.

Somebody found solution? I would not be happy to send drone to service and wait two months.
Good it happened on the ground, not in air.
OK, the problem is cable.. the white plug near mini-usb i need to send it to service...

update:
unplugged/plugged and gently touch contacts by a needle and it seems to help... but i need to made tests of stability this solution.
At all - poor. It should not happen it this product

If someone of you doing FPV with P3, better have downloaded maps and prepared RTH altitude before each flight, because it can happen in flight and you would be forced to return on telemetry or RTH FS.
2015-7-23
Use props
george.ves
lvl.1

Bulgaria

So it would seem that the issue is in the cables as pointed out in this thread. My question is this - do we void our warranty is we plug out and then plug in all the connectors on the drone ?
Also has anyone sent their drone to DJI ?
2015-7-24
Use props
franco.crestoni
lvl.1

Italy

I think the problem is not in wire connections but inside the electronic circuits of video coding and transfer or in the firmware (RC or P3). We need to push DJI to investigate and solve the problem
2015-7-24
Use props
scott.harper4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 767379 ft
United States

I can't help but wonder if you're turning on the equipment in an order that allows the device to recognize the controller.  I had a similar problem this week and grew more and more frustrated before I decided to turn the device on, then connect the controller, then turn the controller on, then turn on the P3.  For whatever reason, whether coincidence or not, it seems to work without any issues after I went this direction.  Before, I was turning the controller on and then the device, not the other way.
2015-7-24
Use props
george.ves
lvl.1

Bulgaria

I've just tested what you proposed and for me it doesn't work either way...
2015-7-25
Use props
franco.crestoni
lvl.1

Italy

please  all of you check and write the signal levels you can read in the Image Transmission Settings when is correctly working and when No signal alarm
2015-7-25
Use props
kingroad18
New

United States

franco.crestoni Posted at 2015-7-26 00:27
please  all of you check and write the signal levels you can read in the Image Transmission Settings ...

The tansmission signal looks exactly like the screen shot above, even if you are disconnected from the P3P.

My gimbal is and always has made a lot of noise but seems to be much louder now.

I can fly and record but not see on Apple Air 2.

If anyone has any help, please advise.
2015-7-25
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

Hey guys.  If you are having the same type of lost signal as me try this.  As soon as you lose signal unplug the cable from either the device or the controller (it doesn't matter which side) and plug it right back in.  When I do that it reestablished video feed immediately.  Let me know if this works for you too.  Even though this works for me I still hate it.

P.S.
None of the "fixes" listed here in this thread or threads linked within this thread has fixed my problem.

2015-7-25
Use props
kingroad18
New

United States

kingroad18 Posted at 2015-7-26 02:34
The tansmission signal looks exactly like the screen shot above, even if you are disconnected from ...

Update:  It appears that my system goes into an update mode which it does not ever recoverfrom, leaving a loud sound (not noise) from the gimbal area.  If I completely clean my SD card and insert it, it does not try to do the update and there is no gimbal sound.  Still not video on Apple, but no noise.

Looking at the .txt file, it appears to me that this P3P has been attempted to have downloaded firmware many unsuccessful times prior to my owning it?????

What do your .txt files look like?
2015-7-25
Use props
123456Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules