Inspire 2 X5S camera drift
1134 7 2019-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_JqUugZVGQBbw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 415823 ft
United Kingdom

Help!!  My inspire 2 is frustrating that life out of me.  Whenever I yaw the aircraft (or manually turn it on the ground) the camera follows, but keeps drifting for upto 30 seconds before it finally rests at centre.  I’ve done all the firmware updates, re-calibration of IMU, Gimbal and compass but the issue remains.  I’ve lived with it long enough now and need this resolved.  Any advice guys?
2019-5-18
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

I have the same thing, but its very slow.  I pointed it out when I was in the Beta for .300 and no one from DJI even bothers to watch the video I posted or respond to the bug report.
2019-5-18
Use props
djiuser_JqUugZVGQBbw
lvl.1
United Kingdom

FanOfFlight Posted at 5-18 09:02
I have the same thing, but its very slow.  I pointed it out when I was in the Beta for .300 and no one from DJI even bothers to watch the video I posted or respond to the bug report.

It’s really bad.  I can’t take any still shots with long exposure.  My Phantom 4 Pro is solid compared with this.  Anyone from DJI can help?
2019-5-19
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

djiuser_JqUugZVGQBbw Posted at 5-19 10:53
It’s really bad.  I can’t take any still shots with long exposure.  My Phantom 4 Pro is solid compared with this.  Anyone from DJI can help?

It's normal ... or typical for DJI Zenmuse X gimbals. They'll drift. However, I don't believe you can successfully shot long exposure stills with any quad. That depends on your definition of long exposure, of course.
Edit: Actually this is not drifting. The gimbal will follow aircraft yawing with some smoothing delay to avoid abrupt camera panning.
2019-5-19
Use props
djiuser_JqUugZVGQBbw
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 5-19 13:43
It's normal ... or typical for DJI Zenmuse X gimbals. They'll drift. However, I don't believe you can successfully shot long exposure stills with any quad. That depends on your definition of long exposure, of course.

When I say long exposure, I’m talking 1-2 seconds
2019-5-19
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

djiuser_JqUugZVGQBbw Posted at 5-19 19:15
When I say long exposure, I’m talking 1-2 seconds

Stills taken by flying camera are no different than taken by handheld camera, I wouldn't consider any shutter speed below 1/100 sec.
2019-5-20
Use props
DRAGenDROP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 5-19 13:43
It's normal ... or typical for DJI Zenmuse X gimbals. They'll drift. However, I don't believe you can successfully shot long exposure stills with any quad. That depends on your definition of long exposure, of course.

No it's not normal, at the start the Inspire2 was rocksollid and did not drift.
2019-5-21
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DRAGenDROP Posted at 5-21 06:12
No it's not normal, at the start the Inspire2 was rocksollid and did not drift.

What OP is talking about is NOT the gimbal drift, I believe. The issue of continuously drifting gimbal was plaguing some Inspires when infamous .0100/.0200 bugged firmwares were released, but mostly eradicated with .0300 FW. However, at some point of development DJI decided to implement buffering for gimbal follow yaw to help single operators execute smoother panning when filming. This feature was also introduced to DJI Pilot app to operate M200 series drones, if memory serves me well. Too bad they forgot to install the On-Off toggle ...
2019-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules