DJI Smart Controller cheated me!!!
2268 7 2019-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Renato Ros
lvl.1
Portugal

Dear DJI Developers, the DroneDeploy app does not work with DJI Smart Controller. I use this app to work with my DJI Drone. Could you please help me with a solution asap? Thanks. RRos
2019-5-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. Third-party applications can be installed with our Smart controller, however, since those applications were not produced by DJI, therefore, we couldn't guarantee if the application will run smoothly without any problem. Please see the image below for your reference. We do appreciate your understanding.

2019-5-18
Use props
Renato Ros
lvl.1
Portugal

DJI Tony Posted at 5-18 08:50
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. Third-party applications can be installed with our Smart controller, however, since those applications were not produced by DJI, therefore, we couldn't guarantee if the application will run smoothly without any problem. Please see the image below for your reference. We do appreciate your understanding.

Sorry Tony, but this is a passive response, not a response that is concerned about get a solution in the near future to the DroneDeploy app works within the DJI Smart Controller. I had a huge investment buying this DJI product to have this kind of limitation... Solve this problem quickly together DJI developers is the better way to improve the confidence of DJI Smart Controller... RRos
2019-5-18
Use props
markiet1966
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1168819 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Renato,

You would be better of contacting Drone Deploy about this as they would need to adapt their app to work on the smart controller, basically they would need to get the relevant software development kit from DJI and produce a version that works with the smart controller hardware.

Mark
2019-5-20
Use props
Renato Ros
lvl.1
Portugal

markiet1966 Posted at 5-20 03:53
Hi Renato,

You would be better of contacting Drone Deploy about this as they would need to adapt their app to work on the smart controller, basically they would need to get the relevant software development kit from DJI and produce a version that works with the smart controller hardware.

Hello Mark. Thanks for your help. Could you please tell me the better way to contact DroneDeploy? Have you ever do it?  Regards, Renato
2019-5-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Renato Ros Posted at 5-18 09:11
Sorry Tony, but this is a passive response, not a response that is concerned about get a solution in the near future to the DroneDeploy app works within the DJI Smart Controller. I had a huge investment buying this DJI product to have this kind of limitation... Solve this problem quickly together DJI developers is the better way to improve the confidence of DJI Smart Controller... RRos

Hi, thanks for your prompt reply. No worries, we will forward your suggestion to our designated department. Thank you for understanding.
2019-5-20
Use props
markiet1966
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1168819 ft
United Kingdom

Renato Ros Posted at 5-20 04:04
Hello Mark. Thanks for your help. Could you please tell me the better way to contact DroneDeploy? Have you ever do it?  Regards, Renato

Hi Renato,

Other than using the software I have not had any contact with them before, they have a contact form on their web site, it would definitely be worth dropping them a message and getting thier take on the situation.

Mark
2019-5-20
Use props
AerialOdyssey
lvl.1
United States

I was looking into Drone Deploy but also discovered this compatibility issue! I’m thinking about buying a used, previous model controller. I’m wanting a katana as well, but won’t work with smart controller either!
2019-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules