A little Flooding in SE South Dakota...
1099 10 2015-6-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

As I mentioned in an earlier post, we got almost 7" of rain in the span of about an hour last night. There were a few tornadoes spotted and we got slammed with some T-storms and buckets of rain. I took the P3 up this morning to take a quick look around. Some fields are a bit flooded and it looks like the river has come up over the bank. I didn't want to chance it with the new bird just yet. If the weather would break a bit I may try to get a bit closer to the river for some better shots. I thought I'd post the video on then P2 forum to let some of my friends see what the P3 camera looks like on an overcast day. Again, I'm not a video guru so I'm just doing some cut and pasting in Movie Maker. This should be in 1080P 30fps.

Jerry

2015-6-7
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

As always, excellent videos.  The P3 is destined for my flock probably no later than August or September.
Take care my friend and keep the videos coming!
2015-6-7
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-6-8 03:40
As always, excellent videos.  The P3 is destined for my flock probably no later than August or Septe ...

Gerry,

Took a little nap after being up all night babysitting the sump pump. I'm not sure "excellent" is the right word but I do appreciate the positive comment. I suppose the P3 is a better bet than the Inspire at this point. The P3 is a different fly than my P2. Love the Lightbridge but I'm in a remote area so I haven't run into some of the issues others have yet. Love the camera but there is an awful lot to it, control-wise. It also doesn't seem to average very well with the auto settings so I feel like I'm always fidgeting with it. I'm in the air on the "brakes". When you stop after barreling away in a particular direction, it really rocks back the other way when applying the brakes. I took them down from 100% to 70% but may try to adjust them down a bit more. I really miss the Naza mode and particularly the hard HL switch. I use the heck out of it on my P2. I like the compass cal and start-up process. You don't really have to worry about missing the double flashes and starting all over again to be sure. Don't care as much for the composite prop hubs, I'll be replacing them more often for sure. Obviously, I don't like that I don't have a GS module yet. The 3rd party guys are working feverishly on it but I'm not very comfortable with "testing" it just yet. I'll look forward to hearing your review when you get yours! Got some more interesting videos yet to process, so I should be posting more soon. You take care too, my friend.

Jerry
2015-6-7
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

Jerry,
You probably needed the rain, farmers are probably glad they got it. Tornados and thunderstorms...nah, don't care for those. As much rain as we had the last couple of months I'm not going to say anything. The last time I complained we went 5 years without it. We are hitting the 90s down here in Texas. It's to the point where I want to wait for the evening to do any flying. 7 inches in an hour? That's a turd floater for sure!
And....I agree with Gerry, you have a smooth hand when it comes to video with your Phantom.

Ray
PS What video editing software do you use? I want to do more but I'm kinda limited with this free version of GoPro Studio.

2015-6-7
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

Raybro Posted at 2015-6-8 06:35
Jerry,
You probably needed the rain, farmers are probably glad they got it. Tornados and thunderstor ...

Thanks Ray. We're not complaining about the rain just yet. Would rather have it a bit more spread out though. We're getting another blast right now, doesn't look too big on the radar. Just using Windows Live Movie Maker. My wife has the Cyberlink stuff and I'm going to have to try my hand at that soon with the P3 camera.

Jerry
2015-6-7
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-6-8 07:16
Thanks Ray. We're not complaining about the rain just yet. Would rather have it a bit more spread  ...

Well dang, that's easy enough. Never used movie maker. I like the scrolling credits at the end and my GoPro Studio won't do that unless I spend the bucks on the Pro version. Soooo.....I guess I could make them in movie maker and insert them into the video in GoPro Studio....maybe..
2015-6-7
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Greening up nicely I see.  The cows look silly standing in the pond with all that grass around them.  Nice video.
2015-6-8
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

nrgwise Posted at 2015-6-8 21:36
Greening up nicely I see.  The cows look silly standing in the pond with all that grass around them. ...

Chris,

Yeah, what a difference from winter to summer. Beautiful in the summer and desolate and isolated in the winter.

Jerry
2015-6-10
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-6-10 22:50
Chris,

Yeah, what a difference from winter to summer. Beautiful in the summer and desolate and is ...

The cows still look silly.
2015-6-12
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
Second Officer
United States

nrgwise Posted at 2015-6-13 09:49
The cows still look silly.

Chris,

I get it but there's really no way to make a cow look cool!

Jerry
2015-6-12
Use props
ashishkochar
Banned

India

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules