Can Wind turbines interfere with the P3?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Victor7k
lvl.2

Canada

I live next to 5 wind turbines... And the closest one is 1200 feet away from my house. can it interfere with the RC or phantom? If I fly next to the wind turbine will anything happen? Thanks
2015-6-7
Use props
knarfboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Don't fly near the wind turbines, they have a strong electro magnetic field. This will hurt your compass. And a high risk the wind is to strong an the turbines hit your Phantom.
2015-6-7
Use props
Victor7k
lvl.2

Canada

knarfboy Posted at 2015-6-8 04:51
Don't fly near the wind turbines, they have a strong electro magnetic field. This will hurt your com ...

Will I be able to safely calibrate my compass 1000 feet away from the turbine?
2015-6-7
Use props
Victor7k
lvl.2

Canada

And how far should I stay away from the wind turbines when I'm flying?
2015-6-7
Use props
Victor7k
lvl.2

Canada

I wonder if anybody has flown there p3 near a wind turbine and experienced some video lag or disconnections
2015-6-7
Use props
Victor7k
lvl.2

Canada

Watched some videos of a  phantom 2 flying near wind turbines and all seemed well...
2015-6-7
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Victor,

I just flew this with my P2v3 last week. I was concerned too for many reasons and tried not to get too close. I did do a successful compass calibration about, I'd guess, 1,000' away. I didn't have any unusual flight characteristics. I'm not telling you if there would be any effect one way or the other, just sharing my experience.

Jerry

2015-6-7
Use props
Victor7k
lvl.2

Canada

JtrJr-Droner Posted at 2015-6-8 14:05
Victor,

I just flew this with my P2v3 last week. I was concerned too for many reasons and tried not ...

Thanks for sharing!
2015-6-8
Use props
Abe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI's promotional videos often show their aircraft flying near wind turbines. I am no expert, but the wind turbines themselves are not generating the wind - it's the wind that causes them to turn and it generally requires quite a bit. So naturally turbines are in windy locations which can make flying there tricky.
2015-6-8
Use props
JtrJr-Droner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

No problem. Quite honestly, I was more worried about wifi interference more than anything. Those things probably report their status, performance and condition over wifi. That's just a guess of course.

Jerry
2015-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules