'Not Enough Force/ESC Error' warning, but no problem while flying...
3698 10 2019-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sandor Otvos
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11800233 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Hi Guys!

I have Mavic 2 Pro. It is an absolute amazing piece of equipment, I totally love it.

Not long ago, the drone gave the following warning message during flight: ‘Not Enough Force/ESC Error (repeated 5 times)’. See it on the attached image:

Vágólap-1.jpg

Actually, I did not notice it in DJI GO  while flying, I saw it later when I checked the flight log via airdata.com. (I do this after all flights.)
After this flight, I already completed 10 more flights without any problems. The warning message have not been shown any more, that was the only occasion I saw it.

I made a search on forums, and found that some people think that it is the large wind which makes this warning message to pop up. In my case, the wind was indeed strong, which may explain the warning message. However, I also found cases when a Mavic 2 drone got crashed after receiving tons of ‘Not Enough Force/ESC Error’ messages. For example here and here. In these cases they got tons of warning messages, not only five, like me.

I already contacted DJI support with this issue and sent them the flight log. They told me to refresh the FW and check whether I still have the issue.
I have the most recent FW on the drone (01.00.0400), when I told this to DJI they sent my issue to a software engineer. It was around a week ago. I am still waiting for their reply.

I often fly over water or in high mountains. So, it would not be god to have any problem while flying. (Here is my IG account, if you are interested in my aerial shots.)
On the other hand I do not want to send my drone to DJI, unless it is absolutely necessary...

So my question is, has anybody saw this message but has no problem with his or her drone? Can it indeed be coused by the wind?

thanks!

2019-5-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Sandor Otvos. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Since there is an " Not Enough Force/ESC Error " warning message on the drone. This means that there is a problem with the motor of the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket for the said drone https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav We have the professional team who would do their best to fix and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Please note that the repair will depend on the warranty period of the said drone; otherwise, valid charges will apply. We hope to hear from you soon and looking forward to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Thank for your support.

2019-5-19
Use props
Sandor Otvos
lvl.3
  • >>>
Austria

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-19 11:07
Hello and good day Sandor Otvos. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Since there is an " Not Enough Force/ESC Error " warning message on the drone. This means that there is a problem with the motor of the DJI Mavic 2 Pro. I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket for the said drone https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav We have the professional team who would do their best to fix and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Please note that the repair will depend on the warranty period of the said drone; otherwise, valid charges will apply. We hope to hear from you soon and looking forward to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Thank for your support.

Hi Stephen!

If you check my post above, you can see that I already contacted DJI with this issue, but they do not have answer for some time. It seems to me that they do not realy know wheter this message is a real warning or just a software glitch... And importantly, I would not like to send back my drone becouse of a glitch.

We have seen glitches like that before. For example, the "Motor current error" message with the Mavic Air. I also saw it, and got frightened. But later it was corrected in an FW update...

I asked the community becouse I would like to know how frequent is this ESC error message among M2P users...
2019-5-19
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Sandor Otvos Posted at 5-19 11:32
Hi Stephen!

If you check my post above, you can see that I already contacted DJI with this issue, but they do not have answer for some time. It seems to me that they do not realy know wheter this message is a real warning or just a software glitch... And importantly, I would not like to send back my drone becouse of a glitch.

As you can see in the Tip: High wind velocity, you were flying in high wind.
If you open up your flight in Airdata you can see in flight wind.
These message is often related to high wind.  
2019-5-19
Use props
Sandor Otvos
lvl.3
  • >>>
Austria

G_Sig Posted at 5-19 12:22
As you can see in the Tip: High wind velocity, you were flying in high wind.
If you open up your flight in Airdata you can see in flight wind.
These message is often related to high wind.

Yes, I know that. I always check it in airdata.
However, I have nearly 600 fligths, and I quite frequently fly in high winds, but I have never seen this message yet. That is why I am asking.
2019-5-19
Use props
FLYINHASS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21975 ft
Switzerland

Expect the unexpected... I would have pointed out, strong sudden gusty wind as well in such a situation! Better check the bird and motors, could be two issues at the same time Btw I do check each flight on Airdata or close. Perhaps have a look at that thread Sandor -  https://forum.dji.com/thread-185211-1-1.html
2019-5-19
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Sandor Otvos Posted at 5-19 13:52
Yes, I know that. I always check it in airdata.
However, I have nearly 600 fligths, and I quite frequently fly in high winds, but I have never seen this message yet. That is why I am asking.

Did it hold same altitude or did it loose altitude by few feet?
I would suspect wind from above pressing it down + normal wind.
If you look at the battery  cell voltage it should have dropped at same time.
Also motors rev should have got higher.
2019-5-19
Use props
Sandor Otvos
lvl.3
  • >>>
Austria

G_Sig Posted at 5-19 15:21
Did it hold same altitude or did it loose altitude by few feet?
I would suspect wind from above pressing it down + normal wind.
If you look at the battery  cell voltage it should have dropped at same time.

Airdata shows that I was in a midle of a ca. 60-m climb at the time when the warning message was registered. Yes, there was some voltage drop too. Wind were indeed gusty (according to airdata too).

So it really make sense what you are wrting.
2019-5-19
Use props
Sandor Otvos
lvl.3
  • >>>
Austria

FLYINHASS Posted at 5-19 14:18
Expect the unexpected... I would have pointed out, strong sudden gusty wind as well in such a situation! Better check the bird and motors, could be two issues at the same time  Btw I do check each flight on Airdata or close. Perhaps have a look at that thread Sandor -  https://forum.dji.com/thread-185211-1-1.html

Wind was indeed strong + gusty. So that can be an explanation.
Bird is all fine. Motors look and feel normal.
Thanks, will check out that thread.
2019-5-19
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Dont rely on Airdata (or anything else) for localised wind forecasts.   They give you a rough idea but thats all.
They work on large area cells for forecasting and dont take into account local topography and so on.
There is no app or forecast mode that can tell you winds accurately enough down to the per metre level at a launch site.
2019-5-19
Use props
Sandor Otvos
lvl.3
  • >>>
Austria

gnirtS Posted at 5-19 17:30
Dont rely on Airdata (or anything else) for localised wind forecasts.   They give you a rough idea but thats all.
They work on large area cells for forecasting and dont take into account local topography and so on.
There is no app or forecast mode that can tell you winds accurately enough down to the per metre level at a launch site.

Yes, that is true. But in airdata what you see is not only a forecast. The Wind Map is calculated on the basis of actual drone data acquired during flight.  
2019-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules