Faster Shipping for Refresh Express
3336 3 2019-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bstark23
lvl.2
Flight distance : 942972 ft
United States

I’m sure this has been asked before but going on the support call I had with DJI maybe not?

I have a Mavic 2 Pro that needs a refresh - I’ve already paid for it and received my UPS ground shipping label and I really need the replacement back before the weekend.  I know from experience in addition to all the reports all over the forum and internet it’s going to be 10-15 days at the earliest due to shipping times.

Ideally I’d like to just go to the UPS store and pay them to change it to same or next day and also pay for the return shipping and put the label in the box.

Is this allowed?

When I called support the guy I talked to just kept repeating over and over that “DJI sends back the replacement model within 24-48 hours upon receiving the drone”.  I was like “ok.. I know that - I don’t really care about that when it’s 14 days of just transit time and I really don’t care about the costs if I can pay more to lessen the transit times.  Can I put the return label in the box and send it same or next day?”

Response: “no, that would take longer as we would then have to contact you and ask for permission to charge you more for the shipping and then wait for the payment to clear before we could ship it out and then we would still ship it UPS ground”.

Me: “Why?  I already paid - both the shipping there and the return back along with the cost of replacement under DJI refresh”

Response: “You have to pay a fee for each refresh on top of what you paid for the coverage”

Me: “I know that - I’ve already paid that.  I already have the label you all sent - I just want to pay more for a faster shipping speed and I’ll do all the legwork related to that where all you all have to do is put the label that’s in the box on the return box - or, if that doesn’t work with your current process I can have the label emailed to you or whatever works for you.  If none of that is possible can I at least overnight it to you and have it returned through the normal means?”

Response:  “We ship out replacements within 24-48 hours of receiving the original.  We use UPS ground.  There are no other options”

I really don’t get this.  So what happens if I do send it same day to you, with the same tracking number without telling you?  Do you tell UPS to hold it for you until the time it would take for ground to get there anyway?  I could understand it potentially being harder than you’d think with the return label situation (returns may not ship out from the same location as the arrivals, the processes and people for returns vs arrivals may be only loosely coupled where outside of arrivals notifying returns of a new arrival they don’t talk to each other, etc).. but how would me sending it same/next day make the process “slower” - especially if I have all the tracking kept the same?  It’d arrive just like any other box to you.

It also bothers me just from a business perspective.  Y’all could spending millions getting your turnaround on your end down to 6-12 hours from 24-48 and no one would notice or care - it’s still a 2 week thing from the customers perspective.  Or you could allow the customer to optionally pay more for faster shipping - and even charge a margin on top of the actual costs - and you’d have 100x better customer service and, hence, a lot more happy customers and more customers overall.  

Anyhow - that was way longer of a post than I meant to do.  Hopefully it makes some minute perturbance of change in a better direction.

TL;DR: is there anyway I can pay more for faster shipping on my Mavic 2 Pro that has Dj Care Refresh Express coverage on it and the fee for this refresh already paid and the claim open waiting on me to ship it?
2019-5-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi bstark23, we are so sorry for the inconvenience caused. We managed to get your case number via your Forum account, your concern has been escalated to the higher-level team for a better follow-up, we will have someone to contact you of what to do to expedite the shipment, please wait patiently, thank you.
2019-5-19
Use props
bstark23
lvl.2
Flight distance : 942972 ft
United States

Got it - thank you very much

I was able to ship it to the center next day air with the coordination of the support team (FYI to anyone curious about costs - UPS charged $231 USD for it.  Late next day would have been $215 and 2 day was around $150).  I did have to have a new label & tracking number made and share the information with support so they knew when/how to expect it.  When I made the request at UPS they did warn me that some companies will automatically do a return to sender on all packages that aren’t delivered through their expected methods so I’m glad we figured that out beforehand.

It doesn’t look like they’re going to be able to expedite shipping back (which is understandable given the costs.. adding up the costs of everything it’d end up being more expensive to move the drone around than to just buy a brand new one retail) as long as they’re quick with the turnaround it should still be back before the weekend.

Thanks again!
2019-5-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

bstark23 Posted at 5-21 08:55
Got it - thank you very much

I was able to ship it to the center next day air with the coordination of the support team (FYI to anyone curious about costs - UPS charged $231 USD for it.  Late next day would have been $215 and 2 day was around $150).  I did have to have a new label & tracking number made and share the information with support so they knew when/how to expect it.  When I made the request at UPS they did warn me that some companies will automatically do a return to sender on all packages that aren’t delivered through their expected methods so I’m glad we figured that out beforehand.

Per the team, it is unable to guarantee if the expedited shipping can be provided when shipping back but we will do our best to apply for it. Hope everything goes smoothly and you can get back before the weekend.
2019-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules