Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Action request some feature
2402 25 2019-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mafia16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26490948 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

I would love to request some feature for the osmo action like livestreaming from the mimo app, also would love to know if with the usb port we can have hdmi output thanks.
2019-5-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have given us today. Let me please forward this thread/request to the designated DJI department. In addition after the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-5-19
Use props
Mafia16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26490948 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-19 15:25
Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have given us today. Let me please forward this thread/request to the designated DJI department. In addition after the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you for your valued support.

thank you!!
2019-5-19
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40866 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-19 15:25

Stephen,

I was wondering if the codec is the same between the Osmo Pocket and Osmo Action. If not, put it in the suggestion box for me.

Thanks
2019-5-19
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Burst Photo and Hyeperlapse
2019-5-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

You are very much welcome. If you have any other inquiries or concern with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you. Thank you.
2019-5-20
Use props
ricphoto-S
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

How about the ability to:

- control multiple OA cameras from 1 device

- the ability to use the OM2 as a smart gimble with the OA...with modes, movements etc
2019-5-20
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

ro_flyer Posted at 5-19 20:24
Burst Photo and Hyeperlapse

I guess I'd like to know what is meant by "hyperlapse" as opposed to timelapse?
2019-5-20
Use props
ricphoto-S
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ff22 Posted at 5-20 18:45
I guess I'd like to know what is meant by "hyperlapse" as opposed to timelapse?

Think of it as a time-lapse in motion...moving while shooting
2019-5-20
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

ricphoto-S Posted at 5-20 19:57
Think of it as a time-lapse in motion...moving while shooting

That's what I thought.

So, can't that be done by moving the camera (in car, on bike, walking) while filming a timelapse?
2019-5-20
Use props
fans49c1baf6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2015627 ft
  • >>>
United States

The very best feature on the Osmo Action is the “Dewarp” feature, which allows an undistorted (no fisheye) linear view of 4K 60P video.

There’s just one problem: You are required to activate it everytime you turn the camera on from a power off state, something you don’t have to do in 4K 30P, or 2.7K 60P.

This is exasperating, because this is why I bought the camera, the main distinguishing feature that outclasses its main competitor (you know who they are).

Please, DJI, have your engineers fix this as soon as possible, allowing a retention of the “Dewarp” feature as a customizable option in 4K 60P mode.

I will never stop thanking you if and when. you do.  
2019-5-20
Use props
fans49c1baf6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The very best feature on the Osmo Action is the “Dewarp” feature, which allows an undistorted (no fisheye) linear view of 4K 60P video.

There’s just one problem: You are required to activate it everytime you turn the camera on from a power off state, something you don’t have to do in 4K 30P, or 2.7K 60P.

This is exasperating, because this is why I bought the camera, the main distinguishing feature that outclasses its main competitor (you know who they are).

Please, DJI, have your engineers fix this as soon as possible via a firmware update allowing a retention of the “Dewarp” feature as a customizable option in 4K 60P mode, after you power off the camera, and power it back on, without having to manually turn on “Dewarp” yet again.

I will never stop thanking you if and when. you do.  

2019-5-20
Use props
CubbyJonson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You don't have to keep activating dewarp every time you use the camera...just save your settings in the custom setup menu & add them to the quick selection button.
2019-5-20
Use props
fans49c1baf6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

CubbyJonson Posted at 5-20 23:40
You don't have to keep activating dewarp every time you use the camera...just save your settings in the custom setup menu & add them to the quick selection button.

Nope. No good. You would think that would work.

But it doesn't.

With 4K 60P.

Try it.

You'll see.
2019-5-21
Use props
fans49c1baf6
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

CubbyJonson Posted at 5-20 23:40

Nope. No good. You would think that would work.

But it doesn't.

With 4K 60P.

Try it.

You'll see.
2019-5-21
Use props
KerryG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

TheCameraGuy Posted at 5-19 18:29
Stephen,

I was wondering if the codec is the same between the Osmo Pocket and Osmo Action. If not, put it in the suggestion box for me.

The codecs are the same
2019-5-21
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

ff22 Posted at 5-20 21:32
That's what I thought.

So, can't that be done by moving the camera (in car, on bike, walking) while filming a timelapse?

Ye it can. But GoPro has this "hyperlapse" feature which does this same thing, but adds in camera stabilization and renders a video with no need of post production. They call it "Time Warp" and produces very cool results. Search for some GoPro TimeWarp videos to have an idea.
2019-5-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

TheCameraGuy Posted at 5-19 18:29
Stephen,

You are very much welcome TheCameraGuy. I will forward this additional information to the designated department. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-5-21
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40866 ft
  • >>>
Canada

KerryG Posted at 5-21 06:41
The codecs are the same

Thanks. Makes editing a short vlogg faster
2019-5-21
Use props
peiter
lvl.4
Denmark

Rocksteady seem to do a more than good job for non or modest action, so i was thinking maybe we could get a lower level EIS that then might be able to support 4K/30 HDR
This could be called pebblesteady and still be enough to handle regular walking / panning shake.
2019-5-21
Use props
peiter
lvl.4
Denmark

it would also be nice if the dewarp on/off was moved to the resolutions menu just like rocksteady are, IMO it make sense to have these 2 image features in the same place.
It would also be nice if you could select both to be always on in the resolutions / FPS that support it, i would have both on all the time and turn them off when i once in a while don't need them.
2019-5-22
Use props
vrvrvrvrvr
lvl.1
Latvia

Guys, product quality itself is good. I am satisfied with recording quality and features. I am glad that you are still using h264 codec for video recording and it doesn't cause hassle to playback and render videos on not so new computers.
Thing that I am really missing is - standby mode with Wi-Fi adapter enabled on. End users should be able to trigger camera's powering on and off from the mobile app. This is must have feature. I do not know fellas who start recording straight away after mounting their action cameras on air plane wings or outside of the cars etc. etc. First you mount. Than you get into position and thirdly start recording. With current feature set it is not possible to boot up your camera by using your mobile phone. If camera shut downs after predefined time, I cant boot it up without getting to it. How I can do it when I am in the air or camera is mounted behind the windscreen while doing dune bashing ??
If this is not the right section for feature requests, please point me to it. Please don't make your end users to be disappointed.
2019-5-31
Use props
MisterMajjo
lvl.1

Sweden

I would like the text in the display to be bigger, for example I put the camera on the handlebars of my
motorcycle and it is a bit difficult to see the small text. So I can check settings are right. Otherwise I like the camera and rocksteady works good on a vibration Harley Davidson.. :-)
2019-5-31
Use props
JoelMac
lvl.1
Canada

I'd like to see more options for Loop Recording.  The use case I'm thinking about is this: I'd like to capture some slow motion video, but I don't know when it will start.  I'd like to minimize the amount of wasted footage so I don't fill up the memory card with a recording of nothing.  For example, I'd like to be able to set the camera up so that I can press record and then wait several minutes for the action to occur.  Once the 3 seconds of action is done, I press the record button again and only the last 10 seconds of footage is saved to the card.  

Currently for 1080p on Loop Recording, the shortest time period is 5 minutes and the highest frame rate is 120 fps.  (What is the infinite setting for?  I don't understand how that would work)  It'd be nice if the time period could be set much lower, like 5, 10, 20, 30, or 45 seconds, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 minutes, and so on.  Also it'd be nice to set the frame rate up to 240 fps.

Another solution to this problem would be to allow trimming of clips that have been recorded.
2020-3-16
Use props
burn4ever
lvl.2

Germany

I don´t know if this is still checked by DJI staff and a kind of official feature request but I would love to see a "native white balance" like the big competitor offers.
This is such a nice feature which comes really handy while shooting and editing.
But a "custom WB" like any other digital cam has would be dope!

Ahhh, and the zebra at the OA itself, not only while using the mimo app.

Thanks
2020-3-23
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Maybe  in 2021 we'll see a timer for video recorder.
2020-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules