16246 36 2019-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Daniel_77
lvl.1
Flight distance : 87608 ft
Sweden

Hi,

Im not sure if OSMO Action has Hyperlapse or not? Some review articles says it does. And on DJI.com I can't find anyting comfirming that.

So, does the OSMO Action have Hyperlapse or not?

Thanks you :-)
2019-5-19
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

It has something called Timelapse.  

I don't really see it explained but it is mentioned a number of times in the Manual (on dji support site for the camera)
2019-5-19
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Not like GoPro Hero 7 does
2019-5-19
Use props
Parisi2274
Second Officer
Flight distance : 211043 ft
United States

here is a video of timelapse on Osmo Action:

2019-5-19
Use props
Daniel_77
lvl.1
Sweden

I guess it's not a feature (yet). Maybe it will come in a future firmware update like it did for the OSMO Pocket.
2019-5-19
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Hyperlapse versus timelapse

https://www.vice.com/en_us/artic ... apse-and-hyperlapse

And a slightly different perspective

https://www.themorningsun.com/ne ... 7-ec90e3eba1d4.html
2019-5-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching out! We currently only have a timelapse feature, but I will forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. We do appreciate your understanding.
2019-5-20
Use props
Daniel_77
lvl.1
Sweden

DJI Tony Posted at 5-20 10:58
Hi, thanks for reaching out! We currently only have a timelapse feature, but I will forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. We do appreciate your understanding.

Thanks you Tony for your answer.
I so hope there will be a Hyperlapse mode in the near future :-)
2019-5-20
Use props
The french globetrotter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4523671 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I like the timelapse !
2019-5-20
Use props
fans7d8107f7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45278055 ft
  • >>>
Norway

DJI Tony Posted at 5-20 10:58
Hi, thanks for reaching out! We currently only have a timelapse feature, but I will forward this feedback to our developers. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. We do appreciate your understanding.

Hope that it’s coming soon. I have read that’s a beta version so fingers crossed. Awesome feature.
By the way, the camera is fantastic.
2019-5-21
Use props
Daniel_77
lvl.1
Sweden

fans7d8107f7 Posted at 5-21 09:16
Hope that it’s coming soon. I have read that’s a beta version so fingers crossed. Awesome feature.

Nice to know that it might be in . Beta! :-)
2019-5-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Daniel_77 Posted at 5-20 14:04
Thanks you Tony for your answer.
I so hope there will be a Hyperlapse mode in the near future :-)

You're most welcome. Please pay attention to our website for further updates. Thank you for continued support.
2019-5-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans7d8107f7 Posted at 5-21 09:16

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. We do appreciate your feedback with our new Osmo Action camera. Please pay attention to our website for further updates. Thank you for your support.
2019-5-21
Use props
RakeshDey
New

India

Until it gets hyperlapse with rock steady mode like what gopro has with HyperSmooth mode, It'll be in my amazon cart.
2019-5-26
Use props
fans273d858a
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I am sure they are (eventually) going to replicate all functionality of the GoPro Hero7 Black, so they must be working on a stabilised version of Time Wrap (stabilised hyperlapse), particularly as they have just released the functionality on the Osmo Pocket.
2019-5-26
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 912661 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Parisi2274 Posted at 5-19 21:02
here is a video of timelapse on Osmo Action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JNLduhUUos

Fantastic video
2019-6-2
Use props
rfreitas
New

Brazil

DJI Tony Posted at 5-21 15:54
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. We do appreciate your feedback with our new Osmo Action camera. Please pay attention to our website for further updates. Thank you for your support.

I'll be waiting this feature. I'm planning to buy an action cam in July. If DJI don't releasehyper lapse to Osmo Action I'll go with Gopro hero 7 black. Same price today, similar features but what I'm seeing, Gopro still have better color. Rocksteady is better, but Gopro are doing well too.

I'm not funboy, so I didn't decide yet. But this feature has been a point of decision. Both has pro and cons and the front display is not mandatory for me.
2019-6-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

rfreitas Posted at 6-18 07:43
I'll be waiting this feature. I'm planning to buy an action cam in July. If DJI don't releasehyper lapse to Osmo Action I'll go with Gopro hero 7 black. Same price today, similar features but what I'm seeing, Gopro still have better color. Rocksteady is better, but Gopro are doing well too.

I'm not funboy, so I didn't decide yet. But this feature has been a point of decision. Both has pro and cons and the front display is not mandatory for me.

Hi, we do appreciate sharing your thoughts with us. The feature request has been forwarded to our designated department for attention. We would recommend paying attention to our website for further updates. Thank you for continued support.
2019-6-18
Use props
synikster
lvl.1
Flight distance : 72 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please include hyperlapse!! Waiting to buy more. Although will resort to GoPro for this feature.
2019-7-15
Use props
djiuser_K82Adj5v7Edx
New
United Kingdom

I've just got an Osmo Action and I have done a hyperlapse of sorts. I set the camera to timelapse with an interval of 0.5 seconds and rode down the road on my bike hand holding the camera. Came out pretty good.  1 second interval is very fast so a pity you can't set the interval shorter than 0.5 seconds. Hopefully they will enable true hyperlapse in time.
2019-8-18
Use props
djiuser_K82Adj5v7Edx
New
United Kingdom

I've just got an Osmo Action and I have done a hyperlapse of sorts. I set the camera to timelapse with an interval of 0.5 seconds and rode down the road on my bike hand holding the camera. Came out pretty good.  1 second interval is very fast so a pity you can't set the interval shorter than 0.5 seconds. Hopefully they will enable true hyperlapse in time.
2019-8-18
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_K82Adj5v7Edx Posted at 8-18 10:30
I've just got an Osmo Action and I have done a hyperlapse of sorts. I set the camera to timelapse with an interval of 0.5 seconds and rode down the road on my bike hand holding the camera. Came out pretty good.  1 second interval is very fast so a pity you can't set the interval shorter than 0.5 seconds. Hopefully they will enable true hyperlapse in time.

I've also done that.  Another thing I successfully tried was doing a regular video while hiking but then used a program to extract every Xth frame as a jpg.  Then I combined those jpg's into a new "hyperlapse" video.  It was fine.
2019-8-18
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

I prefer to just record regular footage > 30 FPS, and then speed up in post.

You for sure need to use 0.5 s  or faster if you want timelapse to appear hyperlapse like, anything slower give a too "hectic" footage.
2019-8-18
Use props
djiuser_d0gUxW4gOa1A
New

I hope hyperlapse comes out before Christmas this year because al be  buying it strait away that is a big selling point for me
2019-9-3
Use props
rfreitas
New

Nothing yet? It's a big feature and GoPro even older is better! DJI should run to reach GoPro
2019-9-4
Use props
GeorgeGreek
First Officer
Flight distance : 636050 ft
  • >>>

very nice video!
2019-9-8
Use props
fans6f4b6c7a
New
Flight distance : 128 ft

Timelaps recorded video + Jpg , but cannot find jpgs?
2019-9-15
Use props
Stephen Mattinson
New

Any plans to add hyperlapse video to the osmo action? Would be great if a firmware update was in the post!.....
2019-9-18
Use props
Shank McGuilicutty
lvl.1

peiter Posted at 8-18 12:12

You for sure need to use 0.5 s  or faster if you want timelapse to appear hyperlapse like, anything slower give a too "hectic" footage.

That's nowhere near a hyperlapse video. What hyperlapse does and why it looks so cool is it keeps an object in the center of the frame, regardless of camera movement. For instance, you can fix it to the roof of your car and be on a twisty, turny, bumpy road for an hour following a car and it will keep the car in front of you dead center of the frame the entire time, making the footage smooth and flawless. Simply speeding up standard footage nowhere near produces the effect of hyperlapse.
2019-9-22
Use props
Shank McGuilicutty
lvl.1

peiter Posted at 8-18 12:12

That's nowhere near a hyperlapse video. What hyperlapse does and why it looks so cool is it keeps an object in the center of the frame, regardless of camera movement. For instance, you can fix it to the roof of your car and be on a twisty, turny, bumpy road for an hour following a car and it will keep the car in front of you dead center of the frame the entire time, making the footage smooth and flawless. Simply speeding up standard footage nowhere near produces the effect of hyperlapse.
2019-9-22
Use props
Canonian
lvl.3
Flight distance : 37740 ft
  • >>>

Thank you DJI for Hyperlapse!!!   

2019-9-29
Use props
ff22
Second Officer

Canonian Posted at 9-29 07:36
Thank you DJI for Hyperlapse!!!   

[view_image]

Did not get offered any update and don't see it at the Action section of the DJI site.
2019-9-29
Use props
Canonian
lvl.3
Flight distance : 37740 ft
  • >>>

I just open DJI Mimo and new FW is pop-up.
2019-9-29
Use props
ff22
Second Officer

Canonian Posted at 9-29 08:16
I just open DJI Mimo and new FW is pop-up.

Switched phones and it worked.  I don't know why it can't be simple.  But thanks for posting about the upgrade.

2019-9-29
Use props
djiuser_v6RpEnmWKqsn
New

Nice to see this feature. I can see that DJI listens.
2019-10-14
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

Yeah can confirm that the new update has hyperlaps and it’s amazing. The results are buttery smooth. Thanks DJI this make it the best action camera in the market
2019-10-24
Use props
Baris Taptik
New
Flight distance : 128 ft
Germany

yes it has
2023-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules