Dewarp needs to be turned on everytime you turn on camera
5128 11 2019-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans88b4e620
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Dewarp is a super important feature. Why doesnt the camera remember I had it turned on?

Every time I turn the camera back on I have to drill in to the menus and remember to turn it back on. Super annoying! Also, it should be a toggle, like Rocksteady on the main video selection screen, not hidden away. It is a key setting.

Thanks
2019-5-20
Use props
CubbyJonson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

you can save your favourite setting in the custom settings menu & add them to the quick selection button
2019-5-20
Use props
Parisi2274
lvl.4
Flight distance : 211043 ft
United States

Why not save a custom setting with it turned on, so that you do not have to keep doing this??
2019-5-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the troubles that it caused. You may consider the suggestion from other forum members to easily access your preferred settings when using the Osmo Action. No worries, we will forward this suggestion into our designated department. Thank you for your support.
2019-5-20
Use props
fans88b4e620
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have set up a custom video setting with it turned on. I then also added that as a video setting in the qs menu. But still the camera doesnt seem to look at if de warp is turned on when saving the custom setting. So I still have to turn it back on manually each time I power up the camera.

Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks
2019-5-20
Use props
fans88b4e620
lvl.1
United Kingdom

also, just noticed, when I turn dewarp on and then go and save as a custom setting, when I come out of the menu dewarp has been turned back off when saving the custom setting! Activating the custom setting doesnt turn it on again. So annoying!!!! Sounds like a bug where the custom setting save doesnt look at dewarp and turns it off. Also, camera should remember if it is turned on anyway and not need a custom setting to achieve this, like rocksteady is remembered
2019-5-20
Use props
Fishfeet
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4085 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans88b4e620 Posted at 5-20 13:17
also, just noticed, when I turn dewarp on and then go and save as a custom setting, when I come out of the menu dewarp has been turned back off when saving the custom setting! Activating the custom setting doesnt turn it on again. So annoying!!!! Sounds like a bug where the custom setting save doesnt look at dewarp and turns it off. Also, camera should remember if it is turned on anyway and not need a custom setting to achieve this, like rocksteady is remembered

I'm with you on this one, fans88b4e620. I agree 100%.
Saving a custom setting does NOT help.
I happened to start another thread on same issue before discovering this thread.

Surely, this is a bug.
2019-5-21
Use props
fans49c1baf6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2015627 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fishfeet Posted at 5-21 02:54
I'm with you on this one, fans88b4e620. I agree 100%.
Saving a custom setting does NOT help.
I happened to start another thread on same issue before discovering this thread.

This issue is specific to 4K 60 P, because Dewarp will be retained on 2.7 K 60 P and 4k 30 p if you turn the camera off and then turn it on again. I’m concerned that this was designed into the firmware for whatever reason, and may not be able to be addressed because of the limitations of the sensor and the firmware specific to 4K 60 P. I hope I am wrong.
2019-5-21
Use props
CalvinDJIuser
lvl.1
Hong Kong

I have the exact same issue with DeWarp, never save in setting!  Not even work in Custom Setting.
2019-5-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, sorry for the inconvenience caused that the Dewarp settings in 50/60 are unable to be saved after rebooting the Osmo Action, we have been aware of this and are working on optimizing it, please note the future firmware update, appreciate your patience.
2019-5-31
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40866 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-31 03:50
Hi all, sorry for the inconvenience caused that the Dewarp settings in 50/60 are unable to be saved after rebooting the Osmo Action, we have been aware of this and are working on optimizing it, please note the future firmware update, appreciate your patience.

I too can't save a 4K60P Dewarp. It saves the other settings in Custom mode, but not Dewarp.

How long before we see the firmware update and what else is coming with it.
2019-5-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

TheCameraGuy Posted at 5-31 06:55
I too can't save a 4K60P Dewarp. It saves the other settings in Custom mode, but not Dewarp.

How long before we see the firmware update and what else is coming with it.

Hi TheCameraGuy, our engineers are working on it but we haven't got the ETA, please note our website of the update, thanks for your patience.
2019-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules