Is front gnurled filter cap supposed to come off?
1002 11 2019-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AngularIan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Is the lens filter cap supposed to be detachable? I see another user has asked how to remove it as he can't remove his, but he has had no reply, and I have the same issue. I was sure I saw a video where someone unscrewed the main gnurled lens cover and then replaced it with a 3ard party filter, but I can't find it now. Having pre-ordered Polar Pro filters I really need to undertsand how the lens filter cap comes off unless the idea is it doesn't and 3rd party filters are meant to snap to the existing gnurled lens cover.
2019-5-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day AngularIan. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The DJI Osmo Action's filter cap can be removed by simply unscrew the clear lens counter clockwise that comes with the DJI Osmo Action and you can know attach one of your ND Filter lenses. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you.
2019-5-20
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-20 09:50
Hello and good day AngularIan. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The DJI Osmo Action's filter cap can be removed by simply unscrew the clear lens counter clockwise that comes with the DJI Osmo Action and you can know attach one of your ND Filter lenses. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you.

Simply unscrewing?  Mine doesn't move at all.
2019-5-20
Use props
AngularIan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

BobWinNV Posted at 5-20 11:23
Simply unscrewing?  Mine doesn't move at all.

Exactly. Even with the big gnurled knob to help. Seems to be locked solid. I've seen a video with it off but it was from an early reviewer and wondering if they changed something between the review copies sent out a month ago and the release copies last week.
2019-5-20
Use props
DPC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 660696 ft
  • >>>
France

I have this problem too. Won't unscrew and I don't want to force and break it.
2019-5-20
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I called support about it and they passed the problem on to manufacturing and said that they will email me back when they get an answer.
2019-5-20
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Just wrap a wide rubber band around it and twist counter clockwise.
2019-5-20
Use props
fans88b4e620
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I almost gave up after trying and trying with a cloth over my hand. It will unscrew, but some sort of super robot must have tightened it up at the factory!!!
2019-5-20
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

A fairly wide rubber band like they use to bundle broccoli at the market worked as a grip.  But it did require a bit of force to initially loosen it.  Did not re-tighten like it was!!!

Now can someone suggest where to get a lens cap to protect the lens and ring!
2019-5-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, improper installation of the lens filter cap may cause the water leakage underwater, and water mist, dirty lens and so on, therefore, the design of the lens filter cap is relatively tight.
If it is hard to remove the lens filter cap quickly, please wrap the cloth around it or try with other tools, please cover the lens filter cap with a protective cloth to avoid scratching when using with other tools. Thanks for your understanding.
2019-5-21
Use props
djiuser_eujYiwhEdqSu
New

Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-21 00:59
Hi all, improper installation of the lens filter cap may cause the water leakage underwater, and water mist, dirty lens and so on, therefore, the design of the lens filter cap is relatively tight.
If it is hard to remove the lens filter cap quickly, please wrap the cloth around it or try with other tools, please cover the lens filter cap with a protective cloth to avoid scratching when using with other tools. Thanks for your understanding.

Hi Dji Mindy,

What is the proper way of re-installing the cap to prevent water from leaking into it?  I have a concern on that  lens cover being so tight everytime you reinstall it, as it will make the thread on the camera to get screwed up or much worst it will damage the lens itself. I am planning also to use ND filter and use the camera underwater.
2019-5-25
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_eujYiwhEdqSu Posted at 5-25 14:41
Hi Dji Mindy,

What is the proper way of re-installing the cap to prevent water from leaking into it?  I have a concern on that  lens cover being so tight everytime you reinstall it, as it will make the thread on the camera to get screwed up or much worst it will damage the lens itself. I am planning also to use ND filter and use the camera underwater.

I **THINK** that the amount of threads or screwing and unscrewing makes it unlikely for water to get in.  There's also a rubber gasket or o-ring.  I think a good job of hand-tightening it should be sufficient.  The manual has suggests making sure it is tight if using it under water.  

2019-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules