Which Gimbal setting best for new Hyperlapse Setting
715 6 2019-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
John Walker
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Which Gimbal settings do you guys find best for the new Hyperlapse Setting when doing a street walk?
2019-5-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sure that our valued DJI Forum members would provide the best tips or recommendation when shooting hyperlapse. Thank you for your support.
2019-5-20
Use props
John Walker
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 5-20 12:26
Hi, we're sure that our valued DJI Forum members would provide the best tips or recommendation when shooting hyperlapse. Thank you for your support.

Thanks for your prompy reply Tony.  Seems like none of our members know what gimbal setting they use for Hyperlapse.  
2019-5-21
Use props
Pics2Flicks
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

John, I haven't found much of a difference between the two, presumably since, in Hyperlapse mode, the Osmo Pocket is taking images at a much slower rate than even the slower of the gimbal settings responds to.
2019-5-21
Use props
thortschman
lvl.2
Cyprus

I like Tilt Locked the most as it reduces the up and down motion during walking. It is helping to make the shot more smooth in my opinion.
2019-5-21
Use props
John Walker
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Thanks Pics2Flicks and Thortschman

I switched to Tilt lock on my walk today.  My previous footage had the OP gradually pointing up in the air instead of straight ahead.  Todays showed a great improvement.

John
2019-5-21
Use props
Pics2Flicks
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

John Walker Posted at 5-21 10:57
Thanks Pics2Flicks and Thortschman

I switched to Tilt lock on my walk today.  My previous footage had the OP gradually pointing up in the air instead of straight ahead.  Todays showed a great improvement.

Actually, I hadn't thought of that. I've experienced a lot of up/down inertia when doing driving hyperlapses, every time I accelerate or decelerate. The Osmo Pocket sort of nods...Tilt-lock might solve this.
2019-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules