Any lens modifications for the Action?
3862 8 2019-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Hi.

Anyone seen any lens mods for the Action yet for shooting macro etc.?

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-5-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best recommendation and suggestions from our fellow DJI Osmo Action Camera user about the lens for shooting macro. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have any other concerns. Thank you.
2019-5-21
Use props
Alessandro Garabaghi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2012457 ft
  • >>>
United States

So far just screw on ND filters which is awesome Got my pack from skyreat and they are perfect
2019-5-21
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Alessandro Garabaghi Posted at 5-21 16:55
So far just screw on ND filters which is awesome Got my pack from skyreat and they are perfect

Hi Alessandro.

Thanks, I'll check out those filters. I'm more wondering if anyone has seen any modifications like these ones https://www.back-bone.ca/

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-5-22
Use props
Alessandro Garabaghi
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

soon i am sure. its a new product give them some time.
2019-5-22
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Alessandro Garabaghi Posted at 5-22 05:04
soon i am sure. its a new product give them some time.

hi Alessandro.

I hope so, the Action would be awesome with a Rib-Cage mod. Or maybe a user will come up with one.

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-5-22
Use props
Alessandro Garabaghi
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Action has a lot of work to do with Rocksteady before I am sold on it. I have not gotten the results equal to hypersmooth in my applications =(
2019-5-22
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Alessandro Garabaghi Posted at 5-22 05:48
Action has a lot of work to do with Rocksteady before I am sold on it. I have not gotten the results equal to hypersmooth in my applications =(

Hi Alessandro.

I also had the GP7 and don't particularly agree with all the early Osmo Action YouTube reviews saying that it is better.

I've looked back at some of my old GP7 footage and agree with you that in a lot of instances it looks better than RockSteady.

That said, in my opinion and for what I do, I much prefer the Action over the GP7. That's not to say that the GP7 is bad, it isn't. I just had too many issues with it and the Action also records a cleaner, sharper picture with a higher bitrate.

A lot of my stuff is locked off and doesn't use any stabilisation, so in that instance the Action is a clear winner for me.

But yes, RockSteady can do with some work, not least of all some sort of direct monitor mode, not post EIS as it is now. There are many instances of shooting where that latency will be completely useless.

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-5-22
Use props
Alessandro Garabaghi
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Yea i love the image from the Action and in cam de warping.

I wish we could drop sharpness a bit (-1)

If they can resolve the RockSteady issues in my applications (attached to mini drones) it will be a 100% replacement to hero7
2019-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules