Mimo app OP disconnection using iPhoneXR
1254 6 2019-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Animojodomo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7054 ft
Portugal

I got my Osmo Pocket yesterday and since then I've been trying to solve this very annoying problem. When I try to connect it to my iPhone XR, the MIMO app either does not recognize it or it gets disconnected often when it does connect. I have to physically disconnect and reconnect many times for the camera to be recognized by MIMO. Every time I connect it, the phone seems to recognize it fine. It vibrates and the green battery charge icon goes active. I'm on the latest firmware on the camera and iPhone XR is running the latest iOS 12.3.

Now, when I connect it to my iPhone 7, it connects every time. Same with my iPad Pro 2016. The iPhone XR is in perfect condition, so I doubt if it's a hardware problem. I've unintstalled and reinstalled the MIMO app, but that doesn't help. I read in some older forum post, c Dec 2018, that putting it on airplane mode may help, but nope.

Anyone else faced this issue or know of a solution? Thanks!
2019-5-21
Use props
fanse98f2fde
New
United States

Same problem here. Did you find the solution?
2019-6-15
Use props
djiuser_POaGO9GdMuIL
New
Malaysia

Same problem occur to me today.
2019-6-15
Use props
Animojodomo
lvl.1
Portugal

Anyone from DJI Osmo technical team here? Can you help solve this problem for me? The issue is frequent disconnection when connecting Osmo Pocket to iPhone Xr. All running the latest firmware and OS.
2020-1-16
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you using a case on your phone? If you do then it's your case. On some case, you can try pushing the adapter towards the OP after you connect and it would give you a more stable connection.
2020-1-16
Use props
Animojodomo
lvl.1
Portugal

Wiz33 Posted at 1-16 12:31
Are you using a case on your phone? If you do then it's your case. On some case, you can try pushing the adapter towards the OP after you connect and it would give you a more stable connection.

No. No case. This is a problem specific to the iPhone X series. I've seen plenty of posts around this since 2018!

Times when this happens I notice the Osmo Pocket also starts charging the iPhone.

I can use the camera with iPhone 7 with the case without such disconnections.

I am quite disappointed with DJI's deteriorating customer and technical support. This is something where an advisory or some help doc should have been available on their channels.
2020-1-17
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Animojodomo Posted at 1-17 02:14
No. No case. This is a problem specific to the iPhone X series. I've seen plenty of posts around this since 2018!

Times when this happens I notice the Osmo Pocket also starts charging the iPhone.

I have a X and have had no problem with 2 OP at all and I got the first one at launch.
2020-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules