Osmo Action won't connect to Mimo app
38902 49 2019-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Outbacker
New
Australia

My Osmo Action cam refuses to connect to Mimo on my Samsung Galaxy A70.
I tried on an iPhone 7 and the cam connected without a hitch.
The android is the wall to leap.
2021-1-24
Use props
djiuser_2zOOhA1eTCj8
New
Slovenia

I solved it by going into the osmo action settings and switch to 2.4 GH . .. then i tried to go back to 5.4 while on 2.4 GH and it wont connect.. so it seems that auto connect connects to 5.4 GH an dthats the issue.. oh yes.. i pressed restore factory defoults on osmo actjon.. so i might get the firmware update again..and see if that works.. good luck. and i have an android phone
2021-2-13
Use props
CF32 9LU
lvl.3

United Kingdom

It took me more than 3 hours to get my DJI Action Cam and MIMO to connect! I read all the help suggestions and watched a few videos and I have no idea what did it!

I must say, at one point I was about to send the Action Camera out the window!

Now matched with Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus & Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 Plus.

DJI, you must make this easier.
2021-4-5
Use props
Kantata
New
Canada

October 31 2021: I had the same problem. My phone also couldn’t see the camera wi-fi network. I connected my phone to the camera via Bluetooth and Mimo FINALLY connected/activated the Osmo Action.
2021-10-31
Use props
Shreesha vs
New
India

Am having same issue with my android and iPad
2022-1-27
Use props
jbot
New
Russia

I haven't used my OSMO Action for a few months. And today I wasn't able to connect to it with Mimo on my Android phone. Nothing helped. The camera is shown in devices list, but Mimo can't connect to it.

After about an hour of investigation I've figured out that the problem was caused by the AdGuard app (which I've installed recently), which creates a VPN-connection. Just turned it off - and everything works as before.

Maybe it will help someone else who got here.
2022-2-23
Use props
fanse5a4b549
New

United States

jbot Posted at 2022-2-23 20:06
I haven't used my OSMO Action for a few months. And today I wasn't able to connect to it with Mimo on my Android phone. Nothing helped. The camera is shown in devices list, but Mimo can't connect to it.

After about an hour of investigation I've figured out that the problem was caused by the AdGuard app (which I've installed recently), which creates a VPN-connection. Just turned it off - and everything works as before.

I played with my Action 4 for an hour trying to get it to connect. Read your post, turned off my VPN and it connected within seconds

Thank you!
2023-10-10
Use props
hornetster
lvl.1
Australia

Sorry, generic comment to get my score up!!
2023-10-10
Use props
djiuser_ZohK4jsjOG44
New
Canada

Try turning off the VPN if you have one installed in your phone, in my case that was the problem and I just realized after trying all the troubleshooting steps.
2023-12-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_ZohK4jsjOG44 Posted at 12-7 14:00
Try turning off the VPN if you have one installed in your phone, in my case that was the problem and I just realized after trying all the troubleshooting steps.

Hi, there. Thank you for taking the time to share your advice regarding this matter. We encourage you to reach us if you have any DJI-related concerns. Cheers!
2023-12-8
Use props
djiuser_pu96lA8lNima
New

Bulgaria

Indeed, turning off your VPN works wonders.  It would appear that device VPNs prevent you connecting to your camera and vice versa.
It should also be noted, that you cannot access the Internet, whilst your WiFi is connected to your camera, so a VPN would not be needed, as far as WiFi goes, but you should also turn off your phone's data connection to stay safe.
1-22 23:49
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules