Osmo Action won't connect to Mimo app
12Next >
38825 49 2019-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cinezimm
lvl.1
United States

I just received my Osmo Action today. Charged it up, and downloaded the Mimo app. On the connect screen, my Osmo immediately appeared. I hit 'connect', the code popped up on the screen to confirm pairing and after hitting 'accept', it sat there for a moment and then I received this error message:

Connection Failed

Ensure Osmo is powered on and place it near the mobile device.

Tried doing a factory reset, deleting/reinstalling the app. Nothing. Same thing happens every time. UGHHHHHH, HELP!

2019-5-21
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Make sure that the camera does not timeout.  I had it power off while I futzed with tablet settings.
2019-5-21
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Make sure that the camera does not timeout.  I had it power off while I futzed with tablet settings.
2019-5-21
Use props
peiter
lvl.4
Denmark

Put your phone in airplane mode, then it should connect.
2019-5-21
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try connecting at 2.4GHz and see
2019-5-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi cinezimm, may I confirm if you are using the Android device? If so, please try to disable Wi-Fi auto switch function. Please let me know if this works for you.
2019-5-21
Use props
cinezimm
lvl.1
United States

Tried disabling wi-fi auto switch, tried 2.4 and 5.8... still the same error.

For what it's worth, my Osmo still shows 'EIS' in the corner rather than 'RockSteady', so I think it's a firmware version behind... if only I could UPDATE the firmware!
2019-5-21
Use props
peiter
lvl.4
Denmark

you can DL the firmware from the home page, unzip it - put the .bin file on a empty memory card . put it in camera and turn it on and it should install the new firmware.
https://www.dji.com/dk/osmo-action/info#downloads

In general i would never do a FW update in this via wifi way, actually unlike the rest of the world i pretty much avoid wifi in any way i can.
2019-5-21
Use props
NordicDroneSolutions
lvl.4
  • >>>
Denmark

cinezimm Posted at 5-21 21:42
Tried disabling wi-fi auto switch, tried 2.4 and 5.8... still the same error.

For what it's worth, my Osmo still shows 'EIS' in the corner rather than 'RockSteady', so I think it's a firmware version behind... if only I could UPDATE the firmware!

Hi

I had the same problems, I had succes in turning on airplane mode and the only turning on bluetooth and wifi. Then it worked.

And as for Rocksteady it will come with the first update.
2019-5-22
Use props
Wojciech Winnicki
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Same problem. Is this app still in alpha test stage. I cursed more in 2 h trying to connect it than this year. What the hell? Turned on camera, scanned barcode, opened app after installation, shows only Pocket. Fine. Tried connect anyway, one way and another, nothing. Checked forum,tried few suggestions, still nothing. Checked app version in store, latest. Finally removed all, reinstall and looks completely different now. Camera is included. Again tried few times, at some point had WiFi, mobile internet, Bluetooth AND location on, still failing to connect even if visible by Mimo. Btw why do I need LOCATION to be on?? It's not a drone. Won't move anywhere on its own. Finally once got connection, but after downloading update couldn't install it, because from switching camera on and off trying to connect it, battery run down to 11%. Apparently won't update below 15%. Charged it, can't connect again. What a crap. Got 3 DJI products now and 3 separate apps for them.
2019-5-24
Use props
Wojciech Winnicki
lvl.1
United Kingdom

According to manual it should be swift. Click, click, you're in! Seriously? It's activated at least, but looks like in this app I need to log in every time I'm turning it on ? I wish to know what I have to keep on on my phone for daily use, after activation. Bluetooth? Because I bought it to use outdoor mostly, having preview on my phone. I may not be in range of any WiFi and I don't think camera transmitting any signal. Also don't wanna kill my phone battery having everything on just for 1 device. Maybe in manual V 2.0 will be more precise info. Or more tips "how to" before frustrated users will flood forum with similar posts. Was looking forward to use camera today on event placing high above me and be able to see on my phone  what I'm filming. Well, doesn't look like
2019-5-24
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Wojciech Winnicki Posted at 5-24 16:56
According to manual it should be swift. Click, click, you're in! Seriously? It's activated at least, but looks like in this app I need to log in every time I'm turning it on ? I wish to know what I have to keep on on my phone for daily use, after activation. Bluetooth? Because I bought it to use outdoor mostly, having preview on my phone. I may not be in range of any WiFi and I don't think camera transmitting any signal. Also don't wanna kill my phone battery having everything on just for 1 device. Maybe in manual V 2.0 will be more precise info. Or more tips "how to" before frustrated users will flood forum with similar posts. Was looking forward to use camera today on event placing high above me and be able to see on my phone  what I'm filming. Well, doesn't look like

I purposely wanted to limit how much personal data the app might share so rather than installing on my phone I installed on my Samsung Tab which has few accounts or contacts, etc.  So, I do not take the tablet with me.

I've now taken a four mile walk running the camera almost continually and it was NOT connected/paired with my phone.

Yesterday I took it on a hike and even my cell phone had not reception in the mountains where I was hiking.  I also put the phone in airplane mode so that it did not waste power search for signal.  Camera worked fine with no connections whatsoever.

In other words, the camera does not have to be in contact or paired and the app does not have to run on the phone.  It app is not even installed on my phone.
2019-5-24
Use props
SloMoDrone
lvl.1
United Kingdom

ff22 Posted at 5-24 17:49
I purposely wanted to limit how much personal data the app might share so rather than installing on my phone I installed on my Samsung Tab which has few accounts or contacts, etc.  So, I do not take the tablet with me.

I've now taken a four mile walk running the camera almost continually and it was NOT connected/paired with my phone.

Hi,
I understand your point and agree with it. On most occasions I won't need to use my phone as monitor, but I was today on event at airport, I can't use drone off course over there, so I bought 6m telescopic pole and wanted to attach my DJI camera on top, to have nice view from above. It would really help to see what camera see, rather than make a short clip, lower it to check, adjust and lift again. Also it allows to quickly adjust setting and phone screen is bigger , so you can see better exposure etc.
I also forgot to mention, but couple Youtubers did already, that my ring around lens is fixed so tight I can't move it. And I tried few times. At the moment don't have any extra filters, but at some point will probably buy, same as I did for my drone.
2019-5-25
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

SloMoDrone Posted at 5-25 13:46
Hi,
I understand your point and agree with it. On most occasions I won't need to use my phone as monitor, but I was today on event at airport, I can't use drone off course over there, so I bought 6m telescopic pole and wanted to attach my DJI camera on top, to have nice view from above. It would really help to see what camera see, rather than make a short clip, lower it to check, adjust and lift again. Also it allows to quickly adjust setting and phone screen is bigger , so you can see better exposure etc.
I also forgot to mention, but couple Youtubers did already, that my ring around lens is fixed so tight I can't move it. And I tried few times. At the moment don't have any extra filters, but at some point will probably buy, same as I did for my drone.

All good reasons to have it connected so you can see what's happening.

I used a wide, slightly thicker rubber band to grip the lens cap and twist it counterclockwise.  I did have to use some force.

Some people have used jar or bottle openers to grip and twist.  
2019-5-25
Use props
fans891050fb
lvl.1

United States

For my Samsung Note 8 Android phone to connect to my OA, I had to place phone in Airplane mode (Note - enabling Airplane mode automatically turns off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. You will need to manually turn back on). For my Samsung Tab A & Tab S3, I didn't have to do anything special to connect to the Mimo app. They worked according to the basic instructions.
2019-5-30
Use props
djiuser_P7OfJs9hhTTK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 101821 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans891050fb Posted at 5-30 19:35
For my Samsung Note 8 Android phone to connect to my OA, I had to place phone in Airplane mode (Note - enabling Airplane mode automatically turns off Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. You will need to manually turn back on). For my Samsung Tab A & Tab S3, I didn't have to do anything special to connect to the Mimo app. They worked according to the basic instructions.

Thanks for help, that solved my issue. Airplane mode + manually enabling WiFi and Bluetooth.
2019-6-13
Use props
djiuser_6peG8bw3KIvy
New
United States

I got it to work by going to my Wifi settings on my phone and seeing osmo action name and holding down for extra settings on phone. Then enter the password from WiFi settings from osmo wifi password ( password on osmo action). Then holding down wifi button again on phone ( osmo name ) and hit connect. Then go to mimo app and hit connect. Not sure if this is making any sense but hope this might help someone.
2019-6-21
Use props
pamimies
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5643898 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Same poblem here,i have two diffrent Huawei´s,and i cannot connect osmo action...Nothing helps,tried airplane modes,manual wifi,everything,no connect...I get the code into screen,but after that nothing...frustrating...
2019-6-27
Use props
pamimies
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5643898 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Wiz33 Posted at 5-21 14:52

Thanks,this helped!Have a nice day!
2019-6-27
Use props
djiuser_V3Ux4FMGvyIa
New
Nepal

I bought osmo action today first it worked but after using it for a hour it just don't respond. And most of the time green led on.
Anyone can help
Thanks
2019-7-4
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_V3Ux4FMGvyIa Posted at 7-4 06:16
I bought osmo action today first it worked but after using it for a hour it just don't respond. And most of the time green led on.
Anyone can help
Thanks

Have you updated the firmware?  You can either do it online or you can visit DJI support for the Action and download it to an sd-card (extract the xxx.bin file from the zip).

Maybe try pressing and HOLDING the power button.  Or remove the battery for 5 to 10 minutes.

Good luck.
2019-7-4
Use props
Amit03
New
Nepal

ff22 Posted at 7-4 06:57
Have you updated the firmware?  You can either do it online or you can visit DJI support for the Action and download it to an sd-card (extract the xxx.bin file from the zip).

Maybe try pressing and HOLDING the power button.  Or remove the battery for 5 to 10 minutes.

Thanks, I did updated the firmware through mimo app. Do I need to do it again.
2019-7-4
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Amit03 Posted at 7-4 07:21
Thanks, I did updated the firmware through mimo app. Do I need to do it again.

You can try although there are reports that the Action Camera does NOT support reloading or re-initializing the firmware.

But you have a LIGHT showing?  Some folks have had them completely stop working.

I  presume one of the DJI moderators will have something to add.  Have you removed the battery and then replaced it?  Good luck.
2019-7-4
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

Same here, happened after the firmware update... frustrating.
2019-7-4
Use props
MecoInTheSky
New

Italy

peiter Posted at 5-21 12:30
Put your phone in airplane mode, then it should connect.

I had the same issue and solved thanks to this advice(had then to turn on Bluetooth and wifi)
2019-7-16
Use props
djiuser_BLULxLOPZ38c
New

United States

Currently, tech support is telling me that in order to connect your OA to your phone, you can NOT have mobile data turned on.
2019-7-16
Use props
Blackdawn
New

Finland

Just recieved my Osmo Action today and was fighting with connection/pairing problem, but setting manually wifi to 2,4Hz helped on my case. I have Huawei P20 Pro phone and now it is working like a dream.
Thanks Wiz33 for advice!
2019-7-26
Use props
djiuser_iPCpiTEnI5LH
New

Spain

Mismo problema que el resto. Un Huawei P10 y no permite conectar... me muestra la cámara pero al darle a conectar te dice que nada.
2019-8-14
Use props
fans26eb00a7
New

France

Same problem here with Iphone 6s.
Impossible to connect. Tried with and without airplane mode, with and without wifi.
This is not working, I only got it for 45min but don't like this camera already.
2019-8-19
Use props
bigmike.57
New
France

See this video "SOLVED DJI Osmo Action wifi connection to MIMO Ap & Android Phone (Huawei P9)" on youtube to solve problem
2019-8-19
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans26eb00a7 Posted at 8-19 03:30
Same problem here with Iphone 6s.
Impossible to connect. Tried with and without airplane mode, with and without wifi.
This is not working, I only got it for 45min but don't like this camera already.

The phone initially sets up a Bluetooth connection to camera, the camera then displays the pairing number which needs to be accepted by tapping on screen. Mimo will then request permission to setup the wifi link from phone to camera. This may or may not be helped by switching camera wifi from 2.4GHz to auto select (2.4 or 5.8) or vice versa.

I use the 6S plus without any problems. Worth noting perhaps, there was an update to Mimo yesterday.
2019-8-20
Use props
bwpage3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2687 ft
United States

I cannot connect trying any of these methods and keep getting a gimbal error, motor protected message, please resume, then the app crashes. Android. It shows the blue tooth is connected, OSMO found, then the blue connect button.  The app tries to connect by itself without ever hitting the connect button and gives me the gimbal error, motor protected with a reset button that does NOT work. On the Device Connection page I see OM3 XXXX and in red the word disconnect? Unbelievable you cannot connect a new product without all these problems. The same Samsung J7 phones works fine on my Osmo 1 and Osmo 2 with no problems at all.
2019-8-20
Use props
Cool0102
lvl.3
Flight distance : 550548 ft
France

Wiz33 Posted at 5-21 14:52

That worked for me! Many thanks!
2019-11-21
Use props
djiuser_y7YcplrjYdiG
New

Canada

Im stuck on the QR code. Scaned it, installed app and i cant get passed this screen.
2019-11-29
Use props
videopixelsgma
lvl.2
South Africa

This is incredibly irritating. Been reading, searching and watching YouTube videos. Unbelievably I am on my last attempt to activate the camera, the WifI password is not appearing in the camera so I can't connect to anything.

Why on earth can you not just plug in the camera to your phone with a USB-C cable. When I connect my OSMO Pocket there is no issue... Dumbfounded.
2020-1-16
Use props
videopixelsgma
lvl.2
South Africa

videopixelsgma Posted at 1-16 01:51
This is incredibly irritating. Been reading, searching and watching YouTube videos. Unbelievably I am on my last attempt to activate the camera, the WifI password is not appearing in the camera so I can't connect to anything.

Why on earth can you not just plug in the camera to your phone with a USB-C cable. When I connect my OSMO Pocket there is no issue... Dumbfounded.

I sorted it out by using an old Android tablet to activate it, sigh, mission.
2020-1-16
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Switching to 2.4ghz worked first attempt.
2020-1-16
Use props
fansb799d40f
lvl.1
United Kingdom

This works!
Open settings on osmo and go into wireless info.
Take password,8 numbers.
Now go into phone or computer WiFi settings and connect to osmo action and enter the password (numbers from osmo) and connect.
Go back into Mimo and your good to go.
2020-5-1
Use props
djiuser_EHWDZOampCfF
New

Canada

Bough a OM 4 gible and the Osmo Action.  First thought are both are awesome.  The DJI APP though is bloody useless... managed to connect the OM 4 gamble fairly easily, the Osmo action though has been a nightmare.  I've read all your comments above, did everything, still can't connect... logged into my dji account to see if the camera activate (so in my mind registered on my account), but it seems my dji account is there only for shopping??? Can't find my devices anywhere there...
Frustrated as I though I could.use the dji app.to.make.basic video edits etc....
2020-12-12
Use props
djiuser_EHWDZOampCfF
New

Canada

fansb799d40f Posted at 5-1 00:07
This works!
Open settings on osmo and go into wireless info.
Take password,8 numbers.

Did that and no luck.
It seems.that as soon as i am not qctively using.the dji app, my phone does not see the Osmo Action wifi...
2020-12-12
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules