lvl.4
Flight distance : 2012457 ft
  • >>>
United States

So here are my initial thoughts.

Pros:
De-warp in camera
100mbit
Rocksteady seems great for normal motions, very gimbal like.
D-Cinelike is nice (but we need a lut or explained wtf it is lol)

Cons:
De-Warp glitch shown in video ()
100mbit in h264 (feel like in this day an age we should be using H265)
Rocksteady has some issues with fast motions ()
there is no sharpness / saturation / contast settings which we need (footage is oversharpened)

Rocksteady when attached to a quad the say way as a hero 7 performs worse it picks up weird little microvibrations that i feel DJI can fix hopefully.

Here is a RAW file off the osmo (3.9gb) where you can clearly see that the Action performs subpar to the hero 7 hypersmooth. I feel like it can be fixed and if it is, the Action will be superior.
https://liverollins-my.sharepoin ... ebzTa7rQ3w?e=L3cAwA

2019-5-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Alessandro, thank you for bringing us the attention. For the De-Warp switching issue at 0:04, may I confirm if you had updated the firmware of the Osmo Action to the latest version V01.02.00.10? For changing the settings not saving the De-Warp setting issue, the engineers are aware of it, and will optimize it as soon as possible.
I had forwarded your post to our engineers to check, if there is an update, I will get back to you right away.
2019-5-21
Use props
fans49c1baf6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2015627 ft
  • >>>
United States

No. That firmware does not enable the Osmo Action to retain the Dewarp setting when utilizing 4K 60p, after shutting down, then restarting the camera. It will retain the Dewarp setting if you have selected 4k 30p, after powering off then powering on. Please fix this. It's why I bought the camera, for 4k 60p Dewarp, but if you have to activate it every time you power on the camera from being off, it's worthless.

2019-5-21
Use props
Alessandro Garabaghi
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Correct I am on latest firmware.

Bigger issue is that rocksteady sucks when mounted to anything. It seems to pick up all the little vibrations.

If you view the one drive link you can see it being pretty obvious.
2019-5-22
Use props
GoPro King
lvl.2
Flight distance : 578799 ft
Australia

Rocksteady not that good with vibrations. There is a video by iphonedo where he has it windshield mounted and when he starts the car there is this jello effect from the motors vibrations.
2019-5-22
Use props
Alessandro Garabaghi
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I feel like it can fixed in software though. Fingers crossed.
2019-5-22
Use props
GoPro King
lvl.2
Flight distance : 578799 ft
Australia

The thing is they are cropping in so much already that it's causing softness in image quality. If they crop in more to compensate for vibrations and movement, what is the image quality going to look like?
2019-5-22
Use props
Alessandro Garabaghi
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The image quality is better in my eyes than the hero7.

If anythign the image is over sharpened and I wish we could go -1 on it in camera.

Here is the RAW file straight off the SD card: (4k60 / Rocksteady / De-Warp ON / 1/120shutter / ND16 / D-cinelike)
https://liverollins-my.sharepoin ... ebzTa7rQ3w?e=pmcIeV

2019-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules