Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Action’s Wi-Fi gets disconnected automatically?
12Next >
106900 48 2019-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Osmo Action’s Wi-Fi gets disconnected automatically? Let me show you how to fix it!

After the Osmo Action is released, we noticed that when users connect an Android device to Osmo Action’s Wi-Fi, it often gets disconnected automatically.

After testing, we learned that this issue is caused by the Android device’s network auto-switch function, a function that is also known as WLAN+, which is exclusively available to Android system. So how does the function cause auto-disconnection?

After the Android mobile device is connected to Wi-Fi, if the mobile device finds that the Wi-Fi is not working, the device will automatically switch to another available Wi-Fi that has been connected before or to a 4G network, causing Osmo Action’s Wi-Fi disconnection. Some mobile devices would notify the user of the change, but others don’t.

To ensure that Osmo Action can be connected to the mobile device and work normally, it is recommended to turn off this function.

It should be noted that the Wi-Fi auto-switch function’s name varies with different manufacturers. You can check the chart below to learn how to enable and disable the function in different mobile devices.
GTScreenshot_20190522_182921.png

If you encounter similar questions, please try the method mentioned above. Please contact DJI Support if you have any questions.

Thank you for your support.

2019-5-22
Use props
Estelle Lau
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38632 ft
  • >>>

It is very nicely done, great post, thank you for informing us this, however, I have no Osmo Action,
2019-5-22
Use props
IftiBashir
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Also note that when the Action goes into standby, the WiFi also loses connection.

It has no Bluetooth like GoPro. With GoPro, when the camera goes into standby the WiFi goes to 'sleep' to save power but low power Bluetooth stays active. When a connection is initiated by the app, the bluetooth connection is established first, then the WiFi is woken and established.  Great system by GoPro.

With the Action, this is not possible. So best to set a longer time before standby kicks in on the camera.
2019-5-22
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Excellent info
2019-5-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info!
2019-5-24
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40866 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Mindy, thanks for the help, however it is as much of a problem with iOS as it is with Android. I could not keep the phone (iPhone X) and the Osmo Action connected long enough to do the upgrade. I ended up doing the upgrade by down loading the file to a memory card and installing the memory card into the camera, which worked well.
2019-5-24
Use props
covfefe
New

United States

I can't get it to connect to my Oneplus 6t for more than 1 second.  I have WiFi auto switching off. It connects to my old Pixel 2XL fine and iPhones X as well. Please advise.
2019-5-26
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

covfefe Posted at 5-26 08:16
I can't get it to connect to my Oneplus 6t for more than 1 second.  I have WiFi auto switching off. It connects to my old Pixel 2XL fine and iPhones X as well. Please advise.

I really like your user name.  But do you have permission to use it? (g)
2019-5-26
Use props
Maxkim
New

South Korea

Good ! Thank you for the good information
2019-5-27
Use props
wisniak
lvl.4
Flight distance : 270528 ft
Israel

Good info but not really applicable while at home, if you have several networks (sat 2.54GHZ and 5GHZ), not to mention Access Points etc, and you want the phone/tablet to freely roam among them.
2019-5-28
Use props
peiter
lvl.4
Denmark

This disconnecting on its own do not happen on my years old phone with android 7.1.1
My phone i assume have pretty default settings, all i do with phones are remove 2 apps for every 1 i install, and then make or receive phone calls and TXT messages.
Do not use wifi at home, don't use other wifi, only use wifi in phone to gadget situations and even that i try my best to limit.
2019-5-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

covfefe Posted at 5-26 08:16
I can't get it to connect to my Oneplus 6t for more than 1 second.  I have WiFi auto switching off. It connects to my old Pixel 2XL fine and iPhones X as well. Please advise.

Hi covfefe, please make sure other Bluetooth has been turned off when connecting to Oneplus 6T, connect to Osmo Action's Bluetooth first and then enter the APP to connect its wifi. Please set the wifi settings to Auto in Osmo Action to see if the issue persists.
2019-5-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

TheCameraGuy Posted at 5-24 05:04
Mindy, thanks for the help, however it is as much of a problem with iOS as it is with Android. I could not keep the phone (iPhone X) and the Osmo Action connected long enough to do the upgrade. I ended up doing the upgrade by down loading the file to a memory card and installing the memory card into the camera, which worked well.

Hi TheCameraGuy, sorry to know the issue also happens in iOS, may I verify after the firmware updated successfully, do you still have the connection problems?
2019-5-31
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-31 03:01
Hi TheCameraGuy, sorry to know the issue also happens in iOS, may I verify after the firmware updated successfully, do you still have the connection problems?

Yes I am on the most recent firmware and it still happens to me.

Thanks
2019-5-31
Use props
Toedles
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7676339 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Works well with my iPhone XS, no dramas, touch wood...
2019-6-1
Use props
CRAIGMART75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1543901 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the info !!!!
2019-6-2
Use props
alanchai
lvl.2
Brunei

Is there a way to Turn off the WIFI / Bluetooth when not in use?  In order to save some battery juice ?
2019-6-9
Use props
Gboing
lvl.1
Singapore

alanchai Posted at 6-9 05:46
Is there a way to Turn off the WIFI / Bluetooth when not in use?  In order to save some battery juice ?

I second this.

Would be nice to be able to manually turn off wifi/bluetooth.

2019-6-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

alanchai Posted at 6-9 05:46

Hi alanchai, the Wifi cannot be turned off in Osmo Action, we will transfer your suggestion to our engineers for consideration, thank you.
2019-6-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Gboing Posted at 6-9 18:15
I second this.

Would be nice to be able to manually turn off wifi/bluetooth.

Hi Gboing, this feedback has been transferred to our engineers, appreciate your support to DJI.
2019-6-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

TheCameraGuy Posted at 5-31 05:57
Yes I am on the most recent firmware and it still happens to me.

Thanks

Sorry for the late response, hope the issue has been solved, if not, please try to reset the wifi settings in the Settings of Osmo Action to see if it helps.
2019-6-13
Use props
Gboing
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-13 00:21
Hi Gboing, this feedback has been transferred to our engineers, appreciate your support to DJI.

Thank you, Mindy.
2019-6-13
Use props
TheCameraGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-13 00:22
Sorry for the late response, hope the issue has been solved, if not, please try to reset the wifi settings in the Settings of Osmo Action to see if it helps.

Thanks very much. I’ll give it a try
2019-6-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

TheCameraGuy Posted at 6-13 18:25
Thanks very much. I’ll give it a try

You are welcome, please keep me updated with the result.
2019-6-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Gboing Posted at 6-13 05:45
Thank you, Mindy.

I have verified with our engineers, the wifi of Osmo Action will be turned off automatically when no mobile device is connected in one minute to save the battery power.
2019-6-13
Use props
Jimmy Singh
lvl.3
United States

For Google Pixel, you have to turn off Mobile Data prior to connecting with Mimo App. Android actively turns off WiFi if there is no active data on that ssid and will disconnect you. Also set to 2.4ghz
2019-6-22
Use props
SidneyW
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Osmo Action error message "unofficial battery detected" showing in camera screen.  Why do I get this error message?  The battery is fully charged, yet in Mimo it says less than 10%.
2019-6-23
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

SidneyW Posted at 6-23 07:02
Osmo Action error message "unofficial battery detected" showing in camera screen.  Why do I get this error message?  The battery is fully charged, yet in Mimo it says less than 10%.

Some things to try to see if it gets back to normal.  Remove the battery and leave it out for a while.  Replace it.  I'm not sure if it has a "reboot" option but you can try pressing and HOLDING the power button.

Maybe you can try using the Settings to RESET the device.

You might want to start a new thread with that Battery message as its subject to grab more attention.
2019-6-23
Use props
SidneyW
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

i have tried reset and the reboot... will take the battery out overnight and see what will happen next.  Already emailed my DJI contact at HQ.  I have not seen this error message before.
2019-6-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SidneyW Posted at 6-23 16:47
i have tried reset and the reboot... will take the battery out overnight and see what will happen next.  Already emailed my DJI contact at HQ.  I have not seen this error message before.

Hi SidneyW, I have replied your own thread, please keep me updated there, thank you.
2019-6-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hi dji Mindy, I have had to send back my Osmo Action because of problems, it has reached repair centre since Monday evening, but I have heard nothing yet.
I wonder can you chase it up for me, was hoping to have it back for 05/07 to take on vacation. My case number is below, I somehow have two case numbers I will leave both because I’m not sure which one is right, would appreciate any help you can give me on this.

3166560-Q9Z6Q7
3177417-T7D0P0
2019-6-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 6-27 01:34
Hi dji Mindy, I have had to send back my Osmo Action because of problems, it has reached repair centre since Monday evening, but I have heard nothing yet.
I wonder can you chase it up for me, was hoping to have it back for 05/07 to take on vacation. My case number is below, I somehow have two case numbers I will leave both because I’m not sure which one is right, would appreciate any help you can give me on this.

Hi hallmark007, I've canceled CAS-3177417-T7D0P0 because it is duplicated with CAS-3166560-Q9Z6Q7.
Sorry to know the package still hasn't been checked-in. We will inform the local repair center to double check and expedite the progress, please note the email notification later, thank you.
2019-6-28
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the info.
2019-7-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-28 00:18
Hi hallmark007, I've canceled CAS-3177417-T7D0P0 because it is duplicated with CAS-3166560-Q9Z6Q7.
Sorry to know the package still hasn't been checked-in. We will inform the local repair center to double check and expedite the progress, please note the email notification later, thank you.

Hi Dji Mindy, thank you very much for all your help, my OA is now on its way back to me all fixed and ready to go .
2019-7-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 7-3 03:31
Hi Dji Mindy, thank you very much for all your help, my OA is now on its way back to me all fixed and ready to go .

Glad to know that, hope you will receive it soon.
2019-7-4
Use props
KArol Levy
New

Belgium

Bonjour à tous,  Je me permets de vous poser une question concernant notre DJI Osmo 2   Nous avons un petit problème voici le message sur l'iphone 8 IOS 14.4 " Allumez le bluetooth du smartphone et revenez sur l'application " La dji Osmo fonctionne mais pas l'appli DJI GO ?  Merci pour votre aide .  Cordialement   K
2021-2-6
Use props
Roman Butler
lvl.1

Spain

Thank you, the post is so great.
2021-4-13
Use props
djiuser_hoCwOtWOsID6
lvl.1
United States

My new DJI Osmo Action camera was disconnecting frequently from DJI Mimo on my iPhone 10, which is running iOS 14.6. I updated the firmware when I unboxed the camera and it has the latest firmware. Originally I set the camera's wifi connection to auto but it still disconnected randomly and the Mimo app would intermittently refuse to connect or connect for a short time and then disconnect. Then I set the camera's wifi setting to 2.4 GHz and reset the wifi connection. It now seems to be working since the camera's view streams correctly to my iPhone's Mimo app and I can start and stop the video recording from Mimo. I couldn't find anything in the user manual that mentioned this problem. Is it a known bug in either the Mimo app or the camera's firmware?
2021-6-12
Use props
ameranda
lvl.1
United States

The DJI Mimo app on my iPhone 12 (iOS 14.7.1) automatically disconnects from my DJI Osmo Action camera when I switch to another app on the iPhone even when the Mimo app is still running in the background. Normally, that wouldn't be a huge problem except that the camera is mounted under the wing of my airplane and there's no way to restart the camera in flight when this happens. I have an Appareo Stratus 2i ADS-B In receiver installed in my airplane and it is the only other wifi connection available in the airplane while in flight. I have connected to it before with my iPhone so maybe what is happening is that when the Mimo app is not in the foreground, then it releases the wifi connection and my iPhone switches to the Stratus. However, I've tried switching back to the Mimo app and reconnecting to the Osmo Action's wifi. That doesn't work. From what I've read, it is normal behavior for the Mimo app to disconnect from the Osmo Action when it is not running in the foreground. Has any thought been given to changing the Mimo app to maintain the Osmo Action wifi connection when running in the background?
2021-8-1
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

All I did here was show, have to yap Lol app disconnects within Xamount of seconds,

2021-8-1
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules