A FIX for the Flight Simulator VIRUS
2363 4 2019-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
icemann0
lvl.1

United States

What do we have to do to get a final fix for the Virus that infects the Flight Simulator download off the official site? Saying it's a false error when everyone's Virus Protection won't allow installation is not a valid solution. It cannot be that hard to debug it and remove the ransom ware or whatever is causing the problem. Not being able to use the trial version to contemplate buying the enterprise version seems counterintuitive. Please advise plans for a fix.

2019-5-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The anti-virus software is reporting false positives. If the installation file is downloaded from the official website or obtained through regular channels, you can install DJI Flight Simulator with peace of mind. We do appreciate your understanding.
2019-5-22
Use props
icemann0
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 5-22 08:22
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The anti-virus software is reporting false positives. If the installation file is downloaded from the official website or obtained through regular channels, you can install DJI Flight Simulator with peace of mind. We do appreciate your understanding.

Thanks Tony but why not FIX the download so that everyone can have confidence in DJI and that they are not downloading a ransom bot or malware that can destroy their world? I don't understand why this can't easily be accomplished.
2019-5-22
Use props
icemann0
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 5-22 08:22

What other "regular channels" are available to get the download besides the DJI site? Can I get a disc? Are other host available to get the download? I just cannot risk my laptop and data over a download that won't pass anyone's virus protection.
2019-5-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

icemann0 Posted at 5-23 12:49
What other "regular channels" are available to get the download besides the DJI site? Can I get a disc? Are other host available to get the download? I just cannot risk my laptop and data over a download that won't pass anyone's virus protection.

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. We're sorry that the flight simulator could only be downloaded via our DJI website. No worries, we will forward this feedback to our designated department for attention. Thank you for understanding.
2019-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules