Video Stops GPS
1199 4 2014-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jackson
lvl.1
United States

I have discovered an issue relating the video feed to the GPS acquisition. I have modded the inside of the shell to increase my GPS receptivity. Before each flight I have confirmed that there are a minimum of (10) satellites. After compass calibration the Vision App confirms all satellites have been captured (indicated by blue on the screen). The moment I press the video record button, I lose all satellites - blue turns to gray and the number drops dramatically, even to zero at times. As soon as I turn off the record, all satellites come back - blue and number increases to previous count. I can take photos without issue. I have heard slight grumblings about this on other forums.

• Can anyone please confirm my suspicions that the video feed may be interrupting the GPS connection?
  • If this is in fact the case, are there any work arounds? Video capture is the primary reason this was purchased for.
  • If there is not a relationship between the two, can anyone please offer some guidance?

Thank you in advance for your time with this.
2014-11-12
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

Hi Jackson, please send your Phantom to the nearest service center for check and repair.
2014-11-12
Use props
fdiele
New

Netherlands

I have the same problem. Sending the drone to the nearest service center for check and repair is not really an option.
Could you please check your knowledge base within DJI to find out what the problem is with our drones.
The problem started when I replaced my gimbal/camera with a replacementkit (official DJI)
2014-11-13
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

fdiele@gmail.co Posted at 2014-11-13 16:21
I have the same problem. Sending the drone to the nearest service center for check and repair is not ...

Hi fdiele, this problem can be sloved, please contact the support center again.
2014-11-16
Use props
fdiele
New

Netherlands

DJI-Sophie Posted at 2014-11-17 09:28
Hi fdiele, this problem can be sloved, please contact the support center again.

No need to send it. I've solved it by rearranging te cables going to the camera/gimbal
(I think that that did the trick
2014-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules