Abnormal landing of DJI Spark after repair
1136 3 2019-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Numan
lvl.1
Norway

Hi,

I have a DJI Spark and a few days ago it crashed and one of its arms got dislocated. I ordered a new body shell for the spark and replaced the whole body. After the repair, I am having a problem with landing and stability. Whenever I try to land it on flat ground, it comes down pretty fast and bounces with the ground several times before landing (Even worse if it is flying in altitude mode). Furthermore, It is not giving any response if I try to grab it from below (It should move up). I think the problem is with the downward camera or sensor which is leading to unstable behaviour as well,  but I don't know how to check the status of them.

Also, When I replaced the spark body, the data cables connecting the downward camera and sensor with the main board were damaged a lit bit. I am attaching the picture of the damaged drone.

Awaiting suggestions, please.  

20190504_134810.jpg
2019-5-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. You try to perform the IMU Calibration to see if there would be some changes. However, we are not recommending the customer to repair the drone by its own since there is a possibility that it will void your warranty. Also, if the IMU calibration will not work since the problem is due to crash. I will highly recommend you to contact our support team online at https://www.dji.com/support to open a ticket. We have the professional team who would do their best to find out the reason for the problem and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Please note that DJI will not perform data analysis for cases occurring after the expiry of the warranty period; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you for your understanding. Best Regards!
2019-5-22
Use props
Numan
lvl.1
Norway

Thank you for replying, but I was wondering if there any way to check the status of sensors and log files by own.  Also, I am missing one LED Cover which got damaged during the crash. Could this be a reason for its unstable behaviour as well?
2019-5-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Numan Posted at 5-23 07:18
Thank you for replying, but I was wondering if there any way to check the status of sensors and log files by own.  Also, I am missing one LED Cover which got damaged during the crash. Could this be a reason for its unstable behaviour as well?

There will be reminders in the App if anything goes wrong. As mentioned above, it is not recommended to repair the unit at your end, we sincerely suggest you refer to the above and send the unit in for a fully diagnosis. Hope for your understanding.
2019-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules