Does DJI Care still warranty V2.0?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Because it's sold out, if I get the warranty would it be honored or a replacement will never happen?  I don't think I would ever use it because I fly over water at times and if I'm near obstacles I'm very careful.
2019-5-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. I would like to clarify that you wanted to know if your Phantom 4 Pro v2 would be replaced when you use the DJI Care refresh? If yes, then the aircraft would be replaced with the same unit if you wish to use your existing DJI care refresh. Hope that this information would satisfy your query. Thank you for your support.
2019-5-23
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 5-23 09:10
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. I would like to clarify that you wanted to know if your Phantom 4 Pro v2 would be replaced when you use the DJI Care refresh? If yes, then the aircraft would be replaced with the same unit if you wish to use your existing DJI care refresh. Hope that this information would satisfy your query. Thank you for your support.

But you guys are out of stock?  So how do you replace it?
2019-5-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

AntDX316 Posted at 5-23 09:11
But you guys are out of stock?  So how do you replace it?

Hi, the process of replacement under DJI Care Refresh is being handled by our service center; hence, a replacement unit that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability will be received as long as there is stock available. On the other hand, the availability of stocks in the Online Store depends on the warehouses where orders are coming from. The drones that are available on our store are definitely brand new drones.  Hope that this information would satisfy your query. Thank you for continued support.
2019-5-23
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 5-23 14:20
Hi, the process of replacement under DJI Care Refresh is being handled by our service center; hence, a replacement unit that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability will be received as long as there is stock available. On the other hand, the availability of stocks in the Online Store depends on the warehouses where orders are coming from. The drones that are available on our store are definitely brand new drones.  Hope that this information would satisfy your query. Thank you for continued support.

If there is no stock available?
2019-5-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

AntDX316 Posted at 5-23 14:27
If there is no stock available?

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. If you're referring to brand new drones that will be available in our store, due to the shortage of materials from a supplier, DJI is unable to produce more Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 and Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 drones until further notice. However, the replacement under your DJI Care refresh will be done in other warehouses and it's different warehouse who releases brand new drones. Hope that this information would satisfy your query. Thank you for understanding.
2019-5-23
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 5-23 16:36
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. If you're referring to brand new drones that will be available in our store, due to the shortage of materials from a supplier, DJI is unable to produce more Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 and Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 drones until further notice. However, the replacement under your DJI Care refresh will be done in other warehouses and it's different warehouse who releases brand new drones. Hope that this information would satisfy your query. Thank you for understanding.

How much is the V2.0 to care plan and how much would it be to send it if it ever needed work?
2019-5-23
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

https://www.dji.com/uk/service/d ... ndsite&from=nav

https://www.dji.com/uk/service/d ... ndsite&from=nav
2019-5-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

AntDX316 Posted at 5-23 16:39
How much is the V2.0 to care plan and how much would it be to send it if it ever needed work?

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The DJI Care Refresh (Phantom 4 Pro Series) is USD $149 for the United States. For DJI Care Refresh (Phantom 4 Pro series), the first time replacement fee is $99, the second time replacement fee is $149.  For additional information, DJI Care Refresh only works within one coverage region. DJI Care Refresh and the corresponding product must be purchased from the same country or region. Hope that this information would satisfy your query.
2019-5-24
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 5-24 09:36
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The DJI Care Refresh (Phantom 4 Pro Series) is USD $149 for the United States. For DJI Care Refresh (Phantom 4 Pro series), the first time replacement fee is $99, the second time replacement fee is $149.  For additional information, DJI Care Refresh only works within one coverage region. DJI Care Refresh and the corresponding product must be purchased from the same country or region. Hope that this information would satisfy your query.

But what happens if it has some sort of problems not crash related, just some defect components that failed over time?
2019-5-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

AntDX316 Posted at 5-24 20:33
But what happens if it has some sort of problems not crash related, just some defect components that failed over time?

Hi, we're sorry for the late response. You may sync the flight records and coordinate the situation to our support wherein you will receive two quotations for you to have a choice if you would like to proceed with the repair or use your DJI Care refresh. However, that would depend on the outcome of the investigation of our designated department.
2019-5-27
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 5-27 12:42
Hi, we're sorry for the late response. You may sync the flight records and coordinate the situation to our support wherein you will receive two quotations for you to have a choice if you would like to proceed with the repair or use your DJI Care refresh. However, that would depend on the outcome of the investigation of our designated department.

I'm meeting w/ the seller on wednesday or thursday to swap or return it.  It flies great with 1 compass but I cannot get Follow me to work as it says GPS is inconsistent and there are 18 sats!!  My drone has never crashed.  I'm just worried if I swap it and I get GPS inconsistencies it could have a problem later.  The camera in the air is amazing.  This is unacceptable from DJI which is why a lot of Phantom people quit DJI.  I came from Spark, to Mavic 2, to P4P V2.0 and I'm having issues w/ it.    (well the Only issue is Compass 2 disconnected, my latest flights had Zero GPS inconsistencies).  Flight characteristics wise it's great! But I assume the straight line stability is compromised due to the 2nd Compass being disconnected out of the box!!

20190526_185005.jpg
20190526_185016.jpg
20190526_185023.jpg
20190526_185032.jpg
20190526_185456.jpg
DJI_0005.jpg
DJI_0006.jpg
DJI_0008-2.jpg
2019-5-27
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 5-27 12:42

Really? 18 sats, weak GPS signal??  The Mavic 2 Zoom cam is good but not As good as the P4P V2.0.
2019-5-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 5-27 18:03
Really? 18 sats, weak GPS signal??  The Mavic 2 Zoom cam is good but not As good as the P4P V2.0.
[view_image]

"It flies great with 1 compass but I cannot get Follow me to work as it says GPS is inconsistent and there are 18 sats!!"

Read the manual and understand first. What are the requirements of 'follow me' ?
2019-5-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

AntDX316 Posted at 5-27 18:03
[view_image]

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. The follow me mode would depend on the GPS of your mobile device that it could detect, not the aircraft GPS signal. A virtual tether is created between the aircraft and your mobile device so that the aircraft can track your movement as you move. Hope that this information would satisfy your query. Thank you for your support.
2019-6-3
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 5-28 09:08
"It flies great with 1 compass but I cannot get Follow me to work as it says GPS is inconsistent and there are 18 sats!!"

Read the manual and understand first. What are the requirements of 'follow me' ?

2 Compass?  You look in the manual and find what to look for and you won't find it.  All the requirements are Fulfilled except for the second compass.
2019-6-3
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As stated, follow me relies upon a good GPS signal to your phone or tablet used
2019-6-3
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 6-3 17:07
2 Compass?  You look in the manual and find what to look for and you won't find it.  All the requirements are Fulfilled except for the second compass.

Bashy has it right in post 22, the aircraft 'follows' your RC , or more specifically, the display device. It does this by matching its position (based on 18 satellites etc) to the position of the device, based upon the devices GNSS co-ordinates. Presumably DJI Go 4 compares the two, and sends control information to the aircraft.

So the error that DJI Go 4 reports, is because DJI Go 4 is not receiving GNSS data from the display device, the aircraft is quite happy with its GPS/GLONASS (aircraft uses both).
Follow me - Copy.png
2019-6-4
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"You look in the manual and find what to look for and you won't find it."

Trust me, if I quote the manual then I have already checked information is there. Sometimes it's not obvious at all where the information is. Often it is hidden in a note or an addendum. The manuals are far better than they were though..

And using search on the PDF works well.
2019-6-4
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

It's a Note 9 though.. maybe emailing Samsung would make them have a better GPS on the Note 10 before they duplicate it.  They probably don't know they have a GPS problem and when 5G rolls having issues later would be worse.  Probably it was the drone.  I don't even use any feature other than manual anyway.  DroneDeploy always works flawlessly.
2019-6-4
Use props
ATJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 6-4 01:37
It's a Note 9 though.. maybe emailing Samsung would make them have a better GPS on the Note 10 before they duplicate it.  They probably don't know they have a GPS problem and when 5G rolls having issues later would be worse.  Probably it was the drone.  I don't even use any feature other than manual anyway.  DroneDeploy always works flawlessly.

Where the hell did this guy come from?????
2019-6-4
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"2 Compass?  You look in the manual and find what to look for and you won't find it.  All the requirements are Fulfilled except for the second compass."

Are you saying that compass two on your replacement P4P V2 is not working ?
2019-6-4
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 6-4 14:40
"2 Compass?  You look in the manual and find what to look for and you won't find it.  All the requirements are Fulfilled except for the second compass."

Are you saying that compass two on your replacement P4P V2 is not working ?

Everything is working.
2019-6-4
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ATJ Posted at 6-4 02:39
Where the hell did this guy come from?????

I suspect they have an M.A in BS from Trump University.
2019-6-4
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 6-4 14:48
Everything is working.

" All the requirements are Fulfilled except for the second compass.""

That was a bit of an odd thing for you to say then I'm sure you'll agree.

2019-6-4
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 6-4 14:58
" All the requirements are Fulfilled except for the second compass.""

That was a bit of an odd thing for you to say then I'm sure you'll agree.

Oh, yeah perhaps.

I've never tested follow me mode w/ the new drone.
2019-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules