2887 8 2019-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
geoffz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

At this point, is anyone at DJI aware as to whether the ADS-B Receiver can be installed and/or is backwards compatible with the Mavic Pro Series?
2019-5-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day geoffz. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. For years, DJI has been on the leading edge of innovation especially in safety. Now we’re taking the next step  in implementing ADS-B technology to let drone pilots detect and avoid traditional aircraft flying nearby. Thank you for your support.
2019-5-23
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-23 11:48
Hello and good day geoffz. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. For years, DJI has been on the leading edge of innovation especially in safety. Now we’re taking the next step  in implementing ADS-B technology to let drone pilots detect and avoid traditional aircraft flying nearby. Thank you for your support.

Huh?

Your answer does NOT address my question!

Please read my statement and provide an answer.
2019-5-24
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

No, as this require a dedicated hardware (ADS-B receiver) built into the airframe.
As of today, DJI announced only new, upcoming consumer drones will be equipped with ADS-B.
Enterprise classified airframes like Matrice 200 series and Mavic 2 Enterprise series have that feature already installed.

Also, DJI did not announce any form of 'add-on' ADS-B which can be used with older quads.
(and it's very, very unlikely that DJI will doing so)
2019-5-25
Use props
cessna66
New

United Kingdom

I would like to ask a further question
I understand in the US you will be able to detect ADS-B(1090 Mhz) and UAT(978 Mhz)

In Europe UAT is not available, but PilotAware is very popular in the GA Aviation community, could the unused UAT receiver be used to detect PilotAware equipped aircraft ?
2019-7-2
Use props
Inspireart
lvl.1
United States

I really would like to upgrade to an Inspire 2. This is not your average consumer drone. I can see thee FAA mandating this capability. ADS on the Inspire 2? I would hate to spend 10 grand and see my investment become worthless in two years...
2019-7-13
Use props
djiuser_Ui0AcO7efSR0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18209 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-23 11:48
Hello and good day geoffz. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. For years, DJI has been on the leading edge of innovation especially in safety. Now we’re taking the next step  in implementing ADS-B technology to let drone pilots detect and avoid traditional aircraft flying nearby. Thank you for your support.

“For years, DJI has been on the leading edge of innovation especially in safety.”

With regards to innovation in safety, the Mavic 2 LEDs on the bottom of the aircraft should have the ability to strobe/flash while in flight to better enable the pilot and/or visual observer to maintain visual line of sight while the aircraft is in flight. Presently, the only option for these LEDs is ‘on’ as a steady beam or ‘off’. Please implement a strobe/flash mode in a firmware update.
2019-7-15
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Consumer wise there's no reason to build ADSB into the aircraft side of things.
The receiver will be just as effective operator end in the controller or mobile device.  The drone is never going to be so far away that the ground operator cant also receive the ADS-B.

You can build your own ADSB receiver for about $30 if anyone really wants one.
2019-7-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_Ui0AcO7efSR0 Posted at 7-15 21:05
“For years, DJI has been on the leading edge of innovation especially in safety.”

With regards to innovation in safety, the Mavic 2 LEDs on the bottom of the aircraft should have the ability to strobe/flash while in flight to better enable the pilot and/or visual observer to maintain visual line of sight while the aircraft is in flight. Presently, the only option for these LEDs is ‘on’ as a steady beam or ‘off’. Please implement a strobe/flash mode in a firmware update.

Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this information with us today. Let me please forward these information/thread to the designated department for further development of DJI .  After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news in our DJI official website at www.dji.com or by checking the Release Notes specific for your product. Thank you for your valued support.
2019-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules