Mavic 2 PRO - Gimbal balance question
1863 26 2019-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dom84
lvl.2

Slovenia

Hello,

I just received a new Mavic 2 PRO and noticed, that the gimbal, when not powered on, always rotates to the right, no matter how I turn it with my hands, it doesn't want to say that way, and it rotates to the right. Even if I turn the drone on the side, the gimbal always goes to the right, when it should rotate to the left.
Is this normal? In my understanding, a well balanced gimbal should always stay in the place you rotate it.

Here are 2 videos:

Thanks

2019-5-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Welcome to the forum and thank you for reaching out. It is normal that the gimbal is not well balanced if the drone is off it will automatically balance if you already start up the drone as it states on the first video. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have any other questions. Happy flying always. Cheers!
2019-5-24
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My gimbal positions the camera exactly where I place it when turned off. That said, yours seems to start up OK - any issues in flight?
2019-5-24
Use props
Dom84
lvl.2

Slovenia

A J Posted at 5-24 09:09
Main gimbal positions the camera exactly where I place when turned off. That said, yours seems to start up OK - any issues in flight?

For now, there seem to be no issues in flight, but that bothers me that the camera doesn't want to stay in the middle it's also kind of harder to put the gimpal protector on.
2019-5-24
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dom84 Posted at 5-24 09:50
For now, there seem to be no issues in flight, but that bothers me that the camera doesn't want to stay in the middle it's also kind of harder to put the gimpal protector on.

I can see why - it seems to be weighted wrong but if it performs properly in flight then its down to you as to whether or not you feel sending it back is worth it.
2019-5-24
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-24 09:54
I can see why - it seems to be weighted wrong but if it performs properly in flight then its down to you as to whether or not you feel sending it back is worth it.

This is mine with the RC turned off - the gimbal stays exactly in the position I place it.
2019-5-24
Use props
Dom84
lvl.2

Slovenia

A J Posted at 5-24 09:55
This is mine with the RC turned off - the gimbal stays exactly in the position I place it.
[view_image]

Thanks for the photo. I wish mine was like that. Do you maybe know the production date of your drone?
2019-5-24
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dom84 Posted at 5-24 10:06
Thanks for the photo. I wish mine was like that. Do you maybe know the production date of your drone?

I bought it brand new from Apple UK in early Jan this year. The battery that came with it says November 2018 in the app to give an idea of the drones production date - so probably October to November last year. I know it must be a second or third batch as the gimbal protector doesn't scratch the camera at all either unlike some batches from the first release.  
2019-5-24
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 917087 ft
Italy

To find out when your mavic was created Enter your serial number here:

http://tools.retroroms.info/

instead your problem is on the "roof" of the gimbal positioned a little inclined, that's why it makes that effect out of balance!  but with the engine running I don't think it creates any problems!

Ps strange that Aj doesn't know these things, I have mavic 2 from 3 months before him and he teaches me to fly
A1F58A55-EC43-4D7E-A288-20EA56D730FA.png
2019-5-24
Use props
Dom84
lvl.2

Slovenia

EnricoBrun Posted at 5-24 16:22

Hello, no it's not on the "roof" because if I turn the drone the other side, this also move to the other side, but the gimbal stil moves to the right.

For now there are no problems, but who knows what will happen in 2 years if the motor has to work more to turn the gimbal to the left.

I still think, this is a fault even if the gimbal is working correct when powered on.
Other then that, I also have problems puting the gimbal protector on.
2019-5-25
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My gimbal stays in every position I move it, meaning it's balanced perfectly, yours seems to have a significant out of balance. I would not accept this and discuss with DJI support. The motors will be working harder to keep the gumbal level when switched on.
2019-5-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

EnricoBrun Posted at 5-24 16:22

I do know these things which is why I stated it is unbalanced but going into the reasons for the unbalance is pointless as the OP is not going to strip down the gimbal himself his he? Irrespective of that he now states your advice is wrong anyway LOL

PS - the Mavic 2 Pro is my tenth DJI drone and your first... get your facts straight. Worked out how to do a quickshot yet LOL

2019-5-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=187292
2019-5-25
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Italy

A J Posted at 5-25 11:59
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=187292

You are very nice! But you're also always off topic
2019-5-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

EnricoBrun Posted at 5-25 14:08

Shame you are not and as for being on topic - using peoples names on here behind their back like a spineless coward to support your poor advice is hardly anywhere near topic is it, bro
2019-5-25
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Italy

A J Posted at 5-25 14:14
Shame you are not and as for being on topic - using peoples names on here behind their back like a spineless coward to support your poor advice is hardly anywhere near topic is it, bro

2019-5-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

EnricoBrun Posted at 5-25 14:18

What happened? did your translator get stuck again
2019-5-25
Use props
Dom84
lvl.2

Slovenia

Back to the topic. I will probably return the drone, because it bothers me to much and who knows what will happen, when the drone is not in warranty anymore.
But can I still return it, as I already used it? I bought it on the official DJI Web Store.
2019-5-26
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Italy

A J Posted at 5-25 23:33
What happened? did you translator get stuck again

make fun of your boyfriend not me, thanks
2019-5-26
Use props
EnricoBrun
lvl.4
Italy

Dom84 Posted at 5-26 00:16
Back to the topic. I will probably return the drone, because it bothers me to much and who knows what will happen, when the drone is not in warranty anymore.
But can I still return it, as I already used it? I bought it on the official DJI Web Store.

of course you can restore it, Dji will then evaluate the problem and contact you!  I hope for you that they will solve everything in warranty without making you spend anything!
2019-5-26
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

EnricoBrun Posted at 5-26 05:52
make fun of your boyfriend not me, thanks
I'm married with a son thanks - you’re just a homophobic POS - btw - why do you have the Adams family in your avatar pic hahahaha
2019-5-26
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dom84 Posted at 5-26 00:16

Yeah, that’s what I said to do before Mr translator got involved anyway. DJI will carry out a full diagnostic for you. Be mindful who you take advice from - this guy thinks the sun controls the RC signal LMFAO
2019-5-26
Use props
djiuser_48Mrbrpz0o5K
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3002 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, my m2p is only 7 days old and does exactly the same. When powered up the gimbal also does not sit straight and I have to go into the gimbal manual settings and sey a value of -1.6 in the yaw to straighten it up. I have refreshed the firmware, calibrated everything a number of times but nothing fixes it. I have been told this is nothing new and a number of people use the manual settings to fine tune the gimbal, in roll and yaw. Other than that it's perfect.
2019-5-27
Use props
djiuser_48Mrbrpz0o5K
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3002 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, my m2p is only 7 days old and does exactly the same. When powered up the gimbal also does not sit straight and I have to go into the gimbal manual settings and sey a value of -1.6 in the yaw to straighten it up. I have refreshed the firmware, calibrated everything a number of times but nothing fixes it. I have been told this is nothing new and a number of people use the manual settings to fine tune the gimbal, in roll and yaw. Other than that it's perfect.
Is this also normal?
2019-5-27
Use props
NightThunder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106020 ft
United States

FWIW, My M2P does the EXACT same thing but only  to the left as you face the M2P. When powered on it centers perfectly and I have no problems with it. I have about 4 hrs on it as it was a replacement for a manufacture defect in the in the gimbal (broken gimbal arm that I did not notice as I was first concentrating on learning how to fly, not to film). If you have DJI refresh and they except your RMA I hope your experience is as good as mine was. No hassles and the sent me a replacement in 1 week. Please let us know if you send it back and what the results were. That would be greatly appreciated! As Scott Manly would say, "Fly Safe".
2019-5-27
Use props
Domen P.
lvl.3

Germany

The post was deleted.
2019-5-29
Use props
Dom84
lvl.2

Germany

Today I sent the drone back to DJI for a full refund, because I found another issue. The issue was with the right controller stick. When I moved the stick diagonally to the upper left corner, there was something blocking the movement, I could feel it every time. Probably there were some wires on the inside of the controller blocking the stick movement. This was then too much to keep the drone.
2019-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules