Airsense?
500 4 2019-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd556ffc7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 983816 ft
United Kingdom

Just been reading of the introduction of Airsense from 2020. I read this will be a feature on new models above 250g. Great news having an ADS-B receiver onboard but, where does that leave all of us who have existing Mavics etc. which do not have the hardware installation necessary? Will this make us all "illegal" ...... Concerned of UK.
2019-5-24
Use props
Stroodle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2524544 ft
Canada

The YouTube video DJI put out the other day indicated that at this time it is not required but is doing it on their own - that sounds to me that at this time it wouldn't make existing DJI products illegal.
2019-5-24
Use props
Stroodle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2524544 ft
Canada

The YouTube video DJI put out the other day indicated that at this time it is not required but is doing it on their own - that sounds to me that at this time it wouldn't make existing DJI products illegal.  
2019-5-24
Use props
fansd556ffc7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 983816 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks Stroodle. Yes, I understand that but what I meant was our existing (Mavic Pro's and others without the necessary hardware) will never have ADS-B functionality will they? As a private pilot, I know thare are many many GA aircraft without this functionality either. The installations described by DJI are receivers only, perhaps some enterprising person could implement a hardware and APP mod for us too so we can enjoy the fun of being warned of an aircraft 5 miles away !
2019-5-24
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

fansd556ffc7 Posted at 5-24 08:52
Thanks Stroodle. Yes, I understand that but what I meant was our existing (Mavic Pro's and others without the necessary hardware) will never have ADS-B functionality will they? As a private pilot, I know thare are many many GA aircraft without this functionality either. The installations described by DJI are receivers only, perhaps some enterprising person could implement a hardware and APP mod for us too so we can enjoy the fun of being warned of an aircraft 5 miles away !

... some some enterprising person could implement a hardware and APP mod  for us, so airplanes and helicopters can enjoy the fun of being warned of our drones 5  miles away !

2019-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules