11780 41 2019-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BIGDZ
First Officer
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>
United States

This can not be normal, filmed in 4K 60fps and I’m experiencing this on the LCD screen. Making second guess my purchase. I bought it directly from DJI. Maybe I should’ve purchased a GOPro 7

2019-5-24
Use props
speedbird747
lvl.2
Flight distance : 158983 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

any update DJI on this?
2019-5-25
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing your findings
2019-5-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi BIGDZ, in some rare circumstances, condensation behind Osmo Action’s front screen may occur when the device starts to heat up during normal operation. This does not affect the product performance and the fog will disappear naturally without leaving any marks.
To eliminate the fog quickly, you can place the product in a dry area. When using Osmo Action underwater, please make sure the battery cap is locked properly with dry hands. Thanks for your understanding.
2019-5-29
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Much of Asia is humid. If the camera's components have been exposed to this before final assembly, there could easily he residual moisture inside.

As pointed out, leave the camera in a dry atmosphere, maybe a plastic bag with a desiccant pack.

2019-5-31
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

I would store my camera with the battery out, so it have a chance of evaporating any build up condensation on the inside, this can of course be harder if you are in a humid place where the dew point are not far away.
In that case i think i would replace the battery with one of those little silica bags that suck up moisture when not in use, and then have the camera in a plastic bag so the outside environment cant influence the camera insides.

I still think this are a issue, and i am wondering why it only seem to be the front screen that get effected. ?
2019-5-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It kinda matches the scratches on your Filter ;+) ..

Seriously though, I have tried to force this issue on mine but it’s not happening, so I’m thinking that a return might be the best way to go here, it’s obvious this is not on every unit .
2019-6-1
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

peiter Posted at 5-31 23:52
I would store my camera with the battery out, so it have a chance of evaporating any build up condensation on the inside, this can of course be harder if you are in a humid place where the dew point are not far away.
In that case i think i would replace the battery with one of those little silica bags that suck up moisture when not in use, and then have the camera in a plastic bag so the outside environment cant influence the camera insides.

I read one suggestion to actually remove the battery, plug in a charger and run the camera for an hour recording at the highest resolution/framerate which generates the most heat.  This could help dry it out.  Yes, it does run without a battery on a charger.
2019-6-1
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

If that can be done, sure a good way to get temperatures up and "cook" off any moisture trapped inside.
Me personally i also have my little airbrush compressor so i could increase circulation of air that way if the battery compartment are not too sealed off from the rest of the camera.
2019-6-1
Use props
CRAIGMART75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1543901 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just bought mine and tested for the spot with water and it showed up on mine. so I am trying the remove battery and plug it in and record method to remove it.
2019-6-2
Use props
CRAIGMART75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1543901 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm testing it right now. Looks like it worked.. Knock on wood... I filmed at 4k/60 with rocksteady on.. filled a whole 64 Gb card. no battery just cable plugged in.. took about 70 Min.. One thing I noticed is how hot the camera got.. the body got very warm and inside the battery area was also warm.. but the Metal lens ring got to  like 120+  and I could only touch it for like 1 sec before it felt like it would burn my finger.
2019-6-2
Use props
BIGDZ
First Officer
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>
United States

CRAIGMART75 Posted at 6-2 11:00
I'm testing it right now. Looks like it worked.. Knock on wood... I filmed at 4k/60 with rocksteady on.. filled a whole 64 Gb card. no battery just cable plugged in.. took about 70 Min.. One thing I noticed is how hot the camera got.. the body got very warm and inside the battery area was also warm.. but the Metal lens ring got to  like 120+  and I could only touch it for like 1 sec before it felt like it would burn my finger.

I actually did the same, and it seem to have worked.
2019-6-4
Use props
PAPADEX
lvl.1
Philippines

GOT SAME PROBLEM. used it for 30 mins ride, then i noticed the moist in front LCD.. test again, and appeared when its taking few minutes of video.
HELLO DJI!!!
2019-7-9
Use props
PAPADEX
lvl.1
Philippines

RETURNED THE ITEM. waiting for a week.. they (the store) didnt replaced my osmo action upon returning.. they said dji will be the one to check the defect. hassle for me, the store where i bought is too far from me. around 40kms.. tsk.. then i went there twice to just to return the item.. hassle.. super..
2019-7-9
Use props
KerryG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is NO NEED TO RETURN THEM!! Put the Action into a small ziplock bag without the battery installed with a couple of dissicant bags. If you don't have any, one was in the Osmo Action box. Leave this overnight and it will wick the last of the manufacturing moisture out and solve the issue.
2019-7-9
Use props
djiuser_zVmecH71XBPZ
lvl.1

I had the same issue which i managed to rectify. I took out the battery, memory card and the side door for usb/memory card access, and I kept it in an airtight plastic bag along with a medium sized fresh pouch of silica gel crystals. I left it for more than 48 hours, and now the fogging issue has vanished completely. The probable cause of the issue might be a generation of moisture pocket during assembly or during transit.
2019-10-6
Use props
Adam Griz Ryan
lvl.1

My Osmo action front screen fogs every time I use it regardless of humidity, temperature, or how hot it is. As of now, it
2019-10-13
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer

Folllowing: had returned  in AUg 2019 no issue, repurchased Oct  2019 no issue so hmm  maybe pop off the lens   lett he camera record  in a cool room like a refregerator in the   produce bi its DEHUDIFIED that may clear it out or am I wrong?
2019-10-13
Use props
Redmaxy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 278783 ft
Singapore

My camera same issue today. Used at the pool with the kids. Still functions normal. Seems odd. Have taken battery out and placed desiccant bag in the better cavity. Let’s see...
BD0C3B24-F85B-4BC7-ADA4-2D5C917B28C8.jpeg
2019-12-30
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

I  will not be Dunking this camera.  As  DJI never returned an Email.  My camera is not waterproof because of the lens broken (sorry  did not   see it missing) this, and something I do not want to experience.  Pass the puck to the next player.  MY alternative is a waterproof case. if I ever go in the Soup.
2019-12-30
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Fishycomics Posted at 12-30 05:00
I  will not be Dunking this camera.  As  DJI never returned an Email.  My camera is not waterproof because of this, and something I do not want to experience.  Pass the puck to the next player.  MY alternative is a waterproof case. if I ever go in the Soup.

I thought it was advertised as waterproof to 11m out of the box,?
2019-12-30
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

not when a lens is broken.  sorry   missed putting that in    mebad
2019-12-30
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Fishycomics Posted at 12-30 06:22
not when a lens is broken.  sorry   missed putting that in    mebad

Makes sense now, I did see your post about the mishap but forgot.
2019-12-30
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

Well I'm afraid it's normal.
Got the same issue on my camera, returned it twice and got two times a new one. It's the same behavior with each of them.
2019-12-30
Use props
SwissT
lvl.1
Switzerland

Yesterday I used my car to get some food. After I came home, the car stand for ~2h outside. We had 1.2°C air temp and the headlights had the same issue like our osmo action. Its normal.

And why do we have the same "issue"? The Camera is waterproof. That means, that the  camera CAN NOT exchange the air inside the case. So the trapped air has moisture -> the camera get hot while recording -> The front glass is colder than the air inside -> the moisture condensate at the glass. Its simple physics!
2019-12-30
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

SwissT Posted at 12-30 17:57
Yesterday I used my car to get some food. After I came home, the car stand for ~2h outside. We had 1.2°C air temp and the headlights had the same issue like our osmo action. Its normal.

And why do we have the same "issue"? The Camera is waterproof. That means, that the  camera CAN NOT exchange the air inside the case. So the trapped air has moisture -> the camera get hot while recording -> The front glass is colder than the air inside -> the moisture condensate at the glass. Its simple physics!

I guess this is not completely true since moisture can be exchanged when removing the battery and/or the USB-Door so it just needs to be in a not perfectly arid place to collect some humidity inside.
2019-12-31
Use props
SwissT
lvl.1
Switzerland

Mizzu Posted at 12-31 02:07
I guess this is not completely true since moisture can be exchanged when removing the battery and/or the USB-Door so it just needs to be in a not perfectly arid place to collect some humidity inside.

You have always moisture in the air - always. Sometimes more, sometimes less. As soon as you remove the battery, you will have air with moisture in it.

Remove the battery in a environment with <5% humidity - you will never see this "issue". You also see it because the front LCD is not complete sealed and the moisture can build up at the glass.
2019-12-31
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

you will have to flood the case with some gas like nitrogen, that don't condense as easy, but this mean the rest of the case will have to be sealed off from the battery compartment.
I have not seen any moisture with my OA camera, but i barely had the battery out of it once, and i have never had it in water or used on a rainy day.

As i have said before, it is funny everyone with this issue only see it on the front LCD screen, not the back screen and not the lens / sensor.

I also don't think a quick swap of battery can introduce enough moisture to the camera, unless the new battery have like dew / droplets on it when inserted.
I am also wondering if the people with this issue have used the camera in / under water, me personally i would not put my OA under water unless it was in a WP case.
I simply have no trust in the seal on the memory card / USB compartment, no matter what other say about the OA or similar gopro ports.
But i might use it as is on a rainy day if its not too bad.
2019-12-31
Use props
SwissT
lvl.1
Switzerland

peiter Posted at 12-31 03:15
you will have to flood the case with some gas like nitrogen, that don't condense as easy, but this mean the rest of the case will have to be sealed off from the battery compartment.
I have not seen any moisture with my OA camera, but i barely had the battery out of it once, and i have never had it in water or used on a rainy day.

There is a simple explanation why we only see moisture at the front.

The screen on the back is a touch display. The glass, the digitizer and the LCD is laminated to each other. There is no gap between the LCD screen and the glass. The display in the front is a simple LCD and NOT laminated.

Simple LCD OA (Picture 10 and 11): https://www.rcgeeks.co.uk/blog/dji-osmo-action-teardown-whats-inside
2019-12-31
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

First batch some one said a fingerprint.   started to appear as the camera warmed up.  For me  my first over heat and no fingerprint. Placed the battery in  once, the side door been off ever since, and the Cynova  adapter in place.   Can there be a fix to resolving it?  Who knows.
Oh I spell  "THE" but my brain  types it HTE all the time DUH!  punish me on my grammar.
2019-12-31
Use props
SwissT
lvl.1
Switzerland

What?

I read a lot from you in this forum and most of the time I dont understand what u mean incl. spelling and some posts make no sense - like this post oO
2019-12-31
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

SwissT Posted at 12-31 05:05
What?

I read a lot from you in this forum and most of the time I dont understand what u mean incl. spelling  and some posts make no sense - like this post oO

I said  a fingerprint. on the inside appeared when warmed up.  SPELL ME on that and I give you  Cyber beer.  thank you for the 2  points  you need  better reading material  Lol
2019-12-31
Use props
Robert2345
lvl.2
Pakistan

same issue....
2020-1-1
Use props
everlazt
lvl.1

Philippines

Curt1591 Posted at 2019-5-31 19:49
Much of Asia is humid. If the camera's components have been exposed to this before final assembly, there could easily he residual moisture inside.

As pointed out, leave the camera in a dry atmosphere, maybe a plastic bag with a desiccant pack.

I thought I was the only one with this problem. I put a screen protector and thought the moisture was between the screen glass and the protector, but it's really inside the front screen (thank God this moisture problem isn't with the lens itself).

So I took your advice. I put the camera in a Ziplock bag with 3-4 silica gel packs. I left the battery in the compartment but unlocked. Then I  put it in another Ziplock bag. So it's double-packed. Will leave for 24hrs. Before unsealing the Ziplocks bags, I'll click the battery in place to ensure no moisture gets in.

Wish me luck and thanks for the advice.

2021-8-1
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

best of luck, it would be best to turn the Ac  on and place near by than seal a bag of moisture, how  I see it.
2021-8-2
Use props
everlazt
lvl.1

United States

Fishycomics Posted at 8-2 03:05
best of luck, it would be best to turn the Ac  on and place near by than seal a bag of moisture, how  I see it.

First try didn't work. After keeping it sealed with 5 packs of desiccant for about 24 hours, I ran it at 4k/60fps underwater for about 15 minutes. When I pulled it out of the water, the front screen was fogged up.

Will try again with a stronger desiccant.
2021-8-3
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

I hear ya not going to  bother me, with mine, it may clear up on its own, but not sure the fingerprint.
2021-8-3
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

I hear this is a common problem and yes, it is caused by moisture in the air and temp changes, much like the headlight example or a gold beverage in a glass that gets condensation on the outside of the glass. DJI says its normal on won't affect the operation, but I am reminded of how electronics and water doesn't like each other so well. I just got my replacement osmo action yesterday and filming the kids in the pool is the main reason I bought one was the "Water proof to 11M without a case". I used it in the pool quite often and never had the condensation issue, but I can say these cameras do not like being forgotten on top of a vehicle and driving off because when it falls off, it breaks. But that was expected when it happened to me. I fully plan on using my new one in the water just like the old one though. Hopefully this one will be as good as the old one and not have the condensation issue, but if it does, I'll be doing the ziplock and desiccant packs too.
2021-8-3
Use props
everlazt
lvl.1

United States

Fishycomics Posted at 8-3 05:16
I hear ya not going to  bother me, with mine, it may clear up on its own, but not sure the fingerprint.

So I tried it again. This time I used the blue silica gel beads that turn pink when they absorb moisture. Packed the camera with the battery removed, placed it in a Ziplock bag with the desiccant, then put that in another Ziplock. Left it for about 48 hours.

I'm testing it now. It's recording 4k/60 with Rock Steady on. Let it sit in a shallow tub of water while running. There's still some fogging, but considerably less. So I think the desiccant is working. But needs more time to completely dry out the innards of the camera.

Will let you know how it goes.

2021-8-11
Use props
Yu Vlog
New

Philippines

My friend experiencing that also  in the screen as will has a small amount of water .very sad.
And also mine has a big problem really big.
2023-7-30
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules