Osmo Action won't connect to phone (Pixel 3)
3407 4 2019-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mattlaltman
New
United States

My brand new Osmo Action won't connect to my Android phone (Pixel 3).  But it will connect to an iPhone.  Is anyone else experiancing this?
2019-5-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day mattlaltman. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking  the mobile device ( Google pixel 3 ). I am sorry to say that the mobile device that you are using is still not recommended for your DJI Osmo Action. Actually, there is a  possibility that the Google pixel 3 will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Mimo application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the DJI Mimo application if this will work all the time while using the specific device.  We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on the recommended mobile device list below to avoid any problem. Thank you.

2019-5-26
Use props
fansa7b15fd7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 80640 ft
Estonia

I don't recommend any of the Pixel phones for DJI products. Despite Pixel 2 being listed as supported, I still have to enable airplane mode, then turn on Bluetooth and WiFi to be able to connect. As soon as airplane mode is turned off, the camera disconnects. Perhaps this workaround will help you too.
2019-7-16
Use props
SparkGoFly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1063 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the Pixel 3xl and when i was on Android P (9.0) I did have to turn Airplane mode to on for it to work.... I did get into the Android Beta program for Android 10 and none of the DJI programs work... but I did expect that to happen... so try and turn Airplane mode to on and see what happens for you hope you get it to work.

From what I have found out about IOS(apple) most all of DJI products run better on that platform (IOS) I guess since only iphones, ipdad and such run it and Android runs on many many units so it is harder to keep up with the Android changes and updates... I am not an expert!
2019-7-17
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Perhaps todays Mimo update to V1.1.8 for Android may help you.
2019-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules