Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Litchi is now available for Smart Controller
11863 28 2019-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Trailkill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 317031 ft
  • >>>
United States

Litchi has posted an update that it is now works with the  Smart Controller. I installed it and is working.

https://flylitchi.com/dji-monitors

The only thing at this time is that the 5 button does not work. I have not tried a flight yet but maps works and video.
Also if you install Google Play Store which installs all the google services google maps works with Litchi.

TK
2019-5-24
Use props
Indio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

THX for this great info !!!
2019-5-25
Use props
Yamanote
lvl.2
Flight distance : 475026 ft
Austria

Great news, it's working on my SC.
Hope they can incorporate the shoulder and the 5D buttons as soon as the SDK will address the bugs.

• Not working for me: Google Maps as base layer (no Google services installed)
2019-5-25
Use props
Trailkill
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Yamanote Posted at 5-25 02:10
Great news, it's working on my SC.
Hope they can incorporate the shoulder and the 5D buttons as soon as the SDK will address the bugs.

You can add Google Play  Store which adds Google Services here

https://www.certifiedaerials.com ... ji-smart-controller

TK
2019-5-25
Use props
MackT83
lvl.2
Flight distance : 83182 ft
United States

Won't connect after install? Black Screen over Camera View. What am I missing?
Update: Had to reinstall from old version that I previously downloaded last week. Nice job Litchi thus far!
2019-5-25
Use props
MackT83
lvl.2
Flight distance : 83182 ft
United States

Flew first WP without a hitch!
2019-5-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info!
2019-5-25
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

It was about time!!
2019-5-25
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Did someone tested it!!!
2019-5-25
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Which version?   Amazon store and Google Play store version?  Any other info on how well it works or if there are features that don't work (other than the sdk issues)
2019-5-25
Use props
Trailkill
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Well guys I haven't taken it out for a flight yet but found some interesting things not working just playing with the settings. Maybe you guys can confirm having the same.
First the Photo and Record buttons on the front of the controller don't work. The Photo button causes a Center Focus command on mine. I don't see any where in settings for these buttons.
Also the smart controller doesn't see any pictures or video taken with Litchi. The only way to view them is take out the SD card from the drone. And I don't think it's recording sound with the video.
I think Litchi needs to do a major update to make this app a working product.
I'm going to hold off flying with it until Litchi makes some fixes.

TK
Update: I was informed by f22 that these issues are know by Litchi.

Known Issue
For the DJI Smart Controller, the record, shutter and 5D buttons are not yet supported in DJI's SDK and as a result they will not work in Litchi when you press them. As soon as DJI fixes that bug in the SDK, we will update Litchi to add support for these hardware buttons. For now, you have to use the in-app buttons to start recording or to take a photo.
2019-5-26
Use props
djiuserCCO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 178688 ft
Canada

With Litchi, can you plan routes without turning on the drone? Hopefully this can be done because with the DJI GO4 app, you have to turn on both the drone and Smart Controller.
This will be great if you can just use the SC alone to plan routes at home.
2019-5-26
Use props
Trailkill
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuserCCO Posted at 5-26 13:10
With Litchi, can you plan routes without turning on the drone? Hopefully this can be done because with the DJI GO4 app, you have to turn on both the drone and Smart Controller.
This will be great if you can just use the SC alone to plan routes at home.

Even better you can plan a mission on you computer at home save it and load it when you get on site and run the mission.
https://flylitchi.com/hub

TK
2019-5-26
Use props
djiuserCCO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 178688 ft
Canada

That's great! I'll be getting Litchi soon for my Smart Controller!
2019-5-26
Use props
fanscb6385d2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 281283 ft
Germany

Thanks for the heads up. Now I can order the SC...
2019-5-28
Use props
fanscb6385d2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 281283 ft
Germany

The SC arrived today and I installed Litchi according to these instructions: https://flylitchi.com/dji-monitors from the Amazon Store. (Although the link in these instructions to the respective Amazon Litchi App did not work. I just used the search function within the Amazon Store to buy and download the app.)

A first test in my garden was a full success (apart from the known issues regarding the 5D, shutter & record buttons on the SC)
2019-5-31
Use props
Emma
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5635279 ft
  • >>>
France

Super news
2019-5-31
Use props
Sunstone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 960732 ft
United Kingdom

As far as I gather and have tested. Google Play services do not function correctly on the SC. I have not tried this on the current firmware however after trying to install Google Play services on its original firmware and Google Play services failing to run i not expecting it to work on the latest firmware. Can anyone confirm that Google Play Services now works ok on the SC with its newer (latest) firmware ?
2019-6-5
Use props
Sunstone
lvl.2
United Kingdom

As far as I gather and have tested. Google Play services do not function correctly on the SC.
I have not tried this on the current firmware however after trying to install Google Play services on its original firmware and Google Play services failing to run im not expecting it to work on the latest firmware either.

Can anyone confirm that Google Play Services now works ok on the SC with its newer (latest) firmware ?
2019-6-5
Use props
Trailkill
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Sunstone Posted at 6-5 02:33
As far as I gather and have tested. Google Play services do not function correctly on the SC. I have not tried this on the current firmware however after trying to install Google Play services on its original firmware and Google Play services failing to run i not expecting it to work on the latest firmware. Can anyone confirm that Google Play Services now works ok on the SC with its newer (latest) firmware ?

I you follow these instruction by Donald Meteny it will work just fine.

https://www.certifiedaerials.com ... ji-smart-controller

TK
2019-6-5
Use props
raven swe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

Google Play services work for me on the latest firmware
2019-6-5
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Sunstone Posted at 6-5 02:33
As far as I gather and have tested. Google Play services do not function correctly on the SC. I have not tried this on the current firmware however after trying to install Google Play services on its original firmware and Google Play services failing to run i not expecting it to work on the latest firmware. Can anyone confirm that Google Play Services now works ok on the SC with its newer (latest) firmware ?

As some of the posts after yours indicate, you can install google play services and it works.

BUT, Litchi site suggests using the version available in the Amazon store which works without google services.  In some cases, that might mean purchasing it a second time.
2019-6-5
Use props
Sunstone
lvl.2
United Kingdom

ff22 Posted at 6-5 05:44
As some of the posts after yours indicate, you can install google play services and it works.

BUT, Litchi site suggests using the version available in the Amazon store which works without google services.  In some cases, that might mean purchasing it a second time.

Sadly, it does mean buying it again.
2019-6-7
Use props
Johnny C!
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44839 ft

I used Litchi for the first time Saturday and I loved it.
I am also interested in the SC for my M2P.

I am not as computer/device savvy as a lot of people
are, so I am leery about "hacking" the SC right out
of the box to install Litchi, so my questions are:

1) If I botch the Google/Litchi upload, can I perform a
factory reset & restore it to an original intended
working condition?

2)  If I successfully load Litchi, can I switch between
Litchi & DJI Go4?

More questions to follow, I'm sure.

Thanks!

John
2019-9-30
Use props
Coojeebear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 572484 ft

I installed Litchi, but on my first test the DJI spotlight mode froze on me for the first time.  Litchi is coming off.
2019-9-30
Use props
ff22
lvl.4

Johnny C! Posted at 9-30 04:40
I used Litchi for the first time Saturday and I loved it.
I am also interested in the SC for my M2P.

You can get a version of Litchi from the Amazon app store and it is compatible.
2019-9-30
Use props
Johnny C!
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44839 ft

ff22 Posted at 9-30 21:02
You can get a version of Litchi from the Amazon app store and it is compatible.

Thanks!

Still researching SC.

John
2019-10-3
Use props
fans6765b5ea
lvl.2
Flight distance : 805751 ft

Sunstone Posted at 6-7 07:08
Sadly, it does mean buying it again.

I do not see evidence of this on the Litchi site - can you specify a link to the info? TIA
2019-10-11
Use props
Trailkill
lvl.4
  • >>>

Here it the link on Litchi website.
https://flylitchi.com/new

Scroll down to May 2019 Updates

- added support for the DJI Smart Controller (installation steps)

Hope this helps.

TK
2019-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules