Osmo Action won't power on all of a sudden
41369 241 2019-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hammaminho
lvl.1

Tunisia

Hello again, so what looks clear now is that only the cameras manufactured in April 2019 and May 2019 ( like the one I have) face this issue and it looks like DJI come with a solution quickly but it chooses to keep silent and never talk about it because of the competition with GoPro.
2019-8-18
Use props
MedicFL1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4358570 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has to be able to turn on in order to do a hard re-set - that's the problem!!!
I've had similar problems with charging Osmo Plus batteries. The charger connections take multiple attempts and downward pressure to get it working.
2019-8-27
Use props
rlphoto
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Had an unpleasant experience with my Osmo Action today minutes before I was going to do a shoot. Charged, turned it on and battery level read 100% . Shut off and tried to turn on 2 minutes later with nothing. Apparently, I’m not the only one with this issue according to this thread. Ordered a second battery to try first before sending into DJI to see if it’s the battery or camera. Will post my results.
2019-8-28
Use props
rlphoto
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Visual Air Posted at 6-28 14:46
Ok here's the scoop.
I like a few of us here had the same problem. Osmo Action would not power up so I had to send it back for repair. I was instructed to send the camera body only no battery or other accessories. Mean while the charging station arrived with two spare batteries, I imediatley placed the two new batteries and the original battery onto the charger. The new batteries one is blinking green the other is solid yellow awaiting a charge and the original battery does not light up at all.
so I am guessing it was the original battery that was at fault and now my Osmo Action is on route to DJI and likely there is possibly nothing wrong with the camera.

Ordered a new battery and will test it before sending in to DJI. Will let you know my results.
2019-8-28
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

rlphoto Posted at 8-28 02:33
Had an unpleasant experience with my Osmo Action today minutes before I was going to do a shoot. Charged, turned it on and battery level read 100% . Shut off and tried to turn on 2 minutes later with nothing. Apparently, I’m not the only one with this issue according to this thread. Ordered a second battery to try first before sending into DJI to see if it’s the battery or camera. Will post my results.

Sounds like what we all had Hope you get it sorted out soon...

Can you please check the manufacturing date of your camera? It is on the side of the box with all the barcodes.
2019-8-28
Use props
The Quadfather
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439026 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

FInally got a replacement unit for the first one we bought - it was on 1.03 and mfg 2019/6 so seems like they hopefully have sorted out the turning off problem - I bought it on Lazada here in Thailand and the reseller was awesome with the repair procedure or should i say exchange procedure.
2019-8-28
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Turkey

The Quadfather Posted at 8-28 23:04
FInally got a replacement unit for the first one we bought - it was on 1.03 and mfg 2019/6 so seems like they hopefully have sorted out the turning off problem - I bought it on Lazada here in Thailand and the reseller was awesome with the repair procedure or should i say exchange procedure.

Really good to hear that I am still waiting for the june batch to arrive. Last Friday a local vendor got a significant shipment, and they were all (still) April ones He told me it takes about two months for each shipment to clear customs here so I should not be looking for june batch yet...

Well, I am not in a hurry...
2019-8-29
Use props
Paolo_Inselvini
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616339 ft

For my case I had the response from DJI support the camera had weather sealing issue. I put one time the camera in the sea and my camera seems was not water proof
DJI will repair it and send me the unit again.
2019-9-5
Use props
The Quadfather
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439026 ft
  • >>>

CemAygun Posted at 8-29 00:07
Really good to hear that  I am still waiting for the june batch to arrive. Last Friday a local vendor got a significant shipment, and they were all (still) April ones  He told me it takes about two months for each shipment to clear customs here so I should not be looking for june batch yet...

Well, I am not in a hurry...
We have had our two Osmo Action now up and running daily since we got the replacement unit and so far so good another bonus with getting a new one you get an extra batter which is needed
2019-9-11
Use props
djiuser_i3s3mTJ1eEog
lvl.2

Has anyone got dji to cover the cost of send back unit it cost me €17 to send camera back to Hong Kong?
2019-9-19
Use props
djiuser_i3s3mTJ1eEog
lvl.2

djiuser_i3s3mTJ1eEog Posted at 9-19 00:21
Has anyone got dji to cover the cost of send back unit it cost me €17 to send camera back to Hong Kong?

Received my dji back today finally. After processing repair dji put my postal address in incorrect order which delayed it return. The tracking number they gave me was for a different courier company which they stated. So after a lengthy repair process, little to no apology from dji. Being out of pocket as result of sending back faulty product. From start to finish customer service provided by dji has been extremely poor.
2019-10-14
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer

WOW good to know that We all have to pay out of pocket our own shipping , GoPro the Tab is picked up both ends.   
2019-10-14
Use props
djiuser_0HfLSOMfyTmM
New

Seychelles

Bought the Osmo Action a few days ago, hardly used it , after it shut off, tried to charge it with no success, any ideas how to operate it?
2019-10-17
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

yoyu may try a hard boot  
2019-10-17
Use props
djiuser_i3s3mTJ1eEog
lvl.2
Ireland

djiuser_i3s3mTJ1eEog Posted at 10-14 03:00
Received my dji back today finally. After processing repair dji put my postal address in incorrect order which delayed it return. The tracking number they gave me was for a different courier company which they stated. So after a lengthy repair process, little to no apology from dji. Being out of pocket as result of sending back faulty product. From start to finish customer service provided by dji has been extremely poor.

Official response from DJI regarding no reimbursement of shipping costs.

"Thank you for contacting us back regarding your case. Let me assist further.

We are sorry to inform you that we're unable to refund the shipping cost. Shipping fees is not covered by the warranty service of DJI as we do not offer global warranty. Please see DJI After-sales service policies from our website: https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=nav

Please accept our sincere apology on any inconvenience we have brought you, and your understanding and cooperation will be much appreciated.

Thank you for choosing DJI!

Best Regards,

DJI Technical Support
www.dji.com
THE FUTURE OF POSSIBLE"

2019-10-22
Use props
djiuser_0rd5JZcGx9gS
New

India

I'm a food & travel blogger from Kochi Kerala. I use it to shoot my You Tube videos. It's just been 2 months . Today it died all of a sudden during a client shoot. Not turning on at all nor would it charge up. Please help us. The nearest service center is like 2717kms away from my hometown. Please Dji do something !
2019-10-23
Use props
Lello
lvl.1
Flight distance : 88140 ft
Brazil

Same here... It just died!! No charging, no power on, no lights... NOTHING!!!
2019-11-5
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Turkey

Can you please check which manufacturing date your cameras have? It seemed like we had this problem only with the early batches, but it might be back...
2019-11-5
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

CemAygun Posted at 11-5 17:28
Can you please check which manufacturing date your cameras have? It seemed like we had this problem only with the early batches, but it might be back...

How/where to check it?
I chatted with the DJI support right now and even they couldn't tell me the manufacturing date.
2019-11-6
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Germany

Can you please check which manufacturing date your cameras have? It seemed like we had this problem only with the early batches, but it might be back...

How/where to check it?
I chatted with the DJI support right now and even they couldn't tell me the manufacturing date.
2019-11-6
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Chat with gopro, give them your seriel number, that should hold some type of info.
2019-11-6
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Germany

How/where to check it?
2019-11-6
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Turkey

Mizzu Posted at 11-6 05:49
How/where to check it?

At the bottom of the box there is a sticker with all the barcodes and serial numbers. In there you can also see the manufacturing month and year.
2019-11-6
Use props
fansfc5861f0
New
Flight distance : 288763 ft
South Korea

Today, my OA also stopped turning on.  Like most, this happened during the holidays.
2019-11-9
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Turkey

It is very strange this started happening again...
2019-11-9
Use props
Dan88
lvl.1
Israel

Same here. Just one day stopped turning on. I'll send mine back for replacement.
2019-11-20
Use props
fans10045c38
New
Flight distance : 36762 ft
Kosovo

Hi guys I think i have found a solution for this problem, ay least it fix my osmo action, since this forum is not allowing me to add URL links of youtube video i have done a screenshot and please search in youtube for this video.

It work for me i hope it will work for you too.
Version 1.06
2019-11-27
Use props
Dextroy
lvl.1
South Korea

shahram44 Posted at 6-26 11:15
I have same problem with my osmo action, turned off suddenly and not working again! I have bought it one week ago Didn’t expect from dji product, what should i do?

same case here...what is the status of your osmo action?
2019-12-16
Use props
Dextroy
lvl.1
South Korea

CemAygun Posted at 7-7 05:11
I have also noticed something weird; even though it does not respond to any button presses or charging, if I plug it in a USB port on my PC, PC detects something. Of course it does not show up as a usable device or anything, but that means there is still power inside...

same here what is the status of your osmo action ?
2019-12-16
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Turkey

Dextroy Posted at 12-16 06:43
same here what is the status of your osmo action ?

I had it replaced, twice, before fully returning for a refund.  Both were the first batch, both died the same way within a brief period of time. Then I waited for the new batch which reportedly did not have the issue (the third batch), bought it again and have been using it happily since then...
2019-12-16
Use props
pbarnwell
lvl.3
United States

fans10045c38 Posted at 11-27 04:27
Hi guys I think i have found a solution for this problem, ay least it fix my osmo action, since this forum is not allowing me to add URL links of youtube video i have done a screenshot and please search in youtube for this video.

Thanks for posting the solution

https://youtu.be/dBUdugst3wk

Looks like an easy fix
2019-12-16
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Turkey

fans10045c38 Posted at 11-27 04:27

There might be different types of "sudden death"s. I am pretty sure I tried hooking at least one of my dead actions to power without the battery (thinking a problem with the battery might be locking it up) but there still was no life. It was totally dead.

I would be happy if this works for some
2019-12-16
Use props
Clackers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1438999 ft
Japan

Mine died too, the other week. Had been using it for 6 months or so, lots of snorkelling/ spearfishing. worked well.
Winter here now and it chose to die, kind of.  I have the charging unit + an extra battery.  First problem one battery from charging unit would not work.
DJI would not replace it as it was a chinese serial number. I got it from amazon Japan. I contacted the seller, he was cool and sent me another battery.

Then a week or so later it would not turn on at all with the original battery. Red light on top and front, Tried a battery from the charging kit. powered on,
only to go to a black screen, and red lights.  Other charging kit battery the camera works, can navigate menus record worked fine.  I pulled the defective battery from the charging kit
out of my recycle dead battery box, put it in and low and behold camera powered on. Guess it was not a battery problem.   
Dji told me to send the camera and not working batteries back.  The quoted ¥24,261 to replace core unit.  A replacement camera is on its way back to me now.
DJI in Japan were very helpful, the whole process was smooth and trouble free. Apart from not being able to follow their Japanese for a repair claim. Someone with could English
did it for me via email..  

I feel sorry for the Amazon seller who replaced a battery that may not have been bad. Will test all batteries again when replacement unit arrives.
2020-2-18
Use props
Swarup
New

India

My osmo action also is facing the same issue. What should I do?
2020-2-23
Use props
djiuser_I58o0VPW3RmP
New

India

My osmo action is stuck in the reset time screen. When i try to reset the time, it never allows me enough time to actually reset it and just switches off. A red solid light is always on. Don't know what to do!
2020-3-14
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

djiuser_I58o0VPW3RmP Posted at 3-14 05:08
My osmo action is stuck in the reset time screen. When i try to reset the time, it never allows me enough time to actually reset it and just switches off. A red solid light is always on. Don't know what to do!

can you get to the factory reset?
and try that?
2020-3-14
Use props
djiuser_hmFHLpOJY8zn
New

India

I have bought my dji osmo action today so I plugging the charging cable the charging indicator LED light turn red of a moment and than got off the action camera is working will put in charging. But when I took of the charging cable the camera also goes off. Why my charging indactor is not permanently turn on red until full charged. Plz do something
2020-5-21
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Demon strate in a video?
2020-5-21
Use props
djiuser_x97NPPZV3nnP
New

United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2019-7-2 00:58
Yeah no charge. It’s on its way back to me .

This is worrying stuff.. I have had my Osmo Action for just under 14 days and in the first days of use it would go into hibernation mode and then it would not turn on again, unless I removed and reinserted the battery... I reported this to DJI over a week ago and other than the cursory automated reply "we got your email and it will be reviewed" I have had no feedback what ever from DJI.

Fortunately, I bought mine from a dealer in the UK so I am protected and I am now tempted to return it for a refund and buy a GoPro Hero 8 as the service from DJI seems to be appalling and reading these forums seems to indicate they don't help much. Problem is I also invested in a full set of PolarPro ND filters and the DJ Battery/Charger pack.  So, may be forced to change it for another Osmo Action and then sell the lot on Ebay as I am not happy about this issue
2020-5-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_x97NPPZV3nnP Posted at 5-31 03:10
This is worrying stuff.. I have had my Osmo Action for just under 14 days and in the first days of use it would go into hibernation mode and then it would not turn on again, unless I removed and reinserted the battery... I reported this to DJI over a week ago and other than the cursory automated reply "we got your email and it will be reviewed" I have had no feedback what ever from DJI.

Fortunately, I bought mine from a dealer in the UK so I am protected and I am now tempted to return it for a refund and buy a GoPro Hero 8 as the service from DJI seems to be appalling and reading these forums seems to indicate they don't help much. Problem is I also invested in a full set of PolarPro ND filters and the DJ Battery/Charger pack.  So, may be forced to change it for another Osmo Action and then sell the lot on Ebay as I am not happy about this issue

I just sent mine in and got a replacement, no problems since.
2020-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules