Osmo Action won't power on all of a sudden
41224 241 2019-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb0ba0363
lvl.1
Brazil

hallmark007 Posted at 5-31 03:36
I just sent mine in and got a replacement, no problems since.

Hi, my Osmo Action it was never used, and I went to update it to the latest firmware version, and it happened to me, now it is restarting with the message on the screen UNAUTHORIZED DEVICE WITH SERIAL NUMBER, but sometimes it connects normally after many restarts, you can check everything documented in my folder on google drive below.

REMOVE SPACES
ht tps : // drive. google. com /drive/folders/1oNqIQMCwEtaX_IKAWBBAUkDJCfg8wNif? usp= sharing

Can someone help me? The camera was never used, it was just updated and the problem occurred.

This camera factory in June 2019
2020-7-19
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

fansb0ba0363 Posted at 7-19 18:44
Hi, my Osmo Action it was never used, and I went to update it to the latest firmware version, and it happened to me, now it is restarting with the message on the screen UNAUTHORIZED DEVICE WITH SERIAL NUMBER, but sometimes it connects normally after many restarts, you can check everything documented in my folder on google drive below.

REMOVE SPACES

what are we to help on the hand and colgate brush or wrong vid?
2020-7-20
Use props
fansf54d82ba
New

United Kingdom

I have the same problem. Osmo Action was working fine Yesterday, left it overnight & It won’t turn on this morning. Have tried multiple batteries -nothing doing. Have tried plugging in via usb charger. No response. Immensely disappointing, as perfect filming conditions today & the day Will now be lost. This loses one of two days of my filming trip. I have only had the camera a few weeks.
DJI please advise any fixes ASAP so that I can still get half a day??
Many thanks
2020-7-22
Use props
fansb0ba0363
lvl.1
Brazil

Fishycomics Posted at 7-20 07:06
what are we to help on the hand and colgate brush or wrong vid?

This problems in videos and photos view my link google drive; )
2020-7-22
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

i did view one why I asked a question, thanks?
2020-7-22
Use props
fansb0ba0363
lvl.1
Brazil

Fishycomics Posted at 7-22 12:29
i did view one why I asked a question, thanks?

I would like a solution, since the camera is new, it was only an update that started the problem.

This link below is complete my problem

http s://drive.google.com /drive/ folders/16IyTzgTzmSkJt0V0234d6v1JP5Zz9RGa?usp=sharing
2020-7-24
Use props
MJ Bernardo
New

Philippines

My dji osmo action camera is not working now iam sad power turn on is not working its verry expensive but any sulution for this is nothing

Can you help mo to fix my problem thank you guys
2020-8-29
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

we all love to help, if we do take just a little time to explain the problem.  
2020-8-30
Use props
MJ Bernardo
New

Philippines

My dji osmo is not working I used it for my daily vlog but sadly icnt turn on why
2020-8-30
Use props
djiuser_pHQHPukpcu2F
New

Egypt

So, I have ran through a few of the comments, do you guys mean to tell me that if after 14 days the camera is not working anymore, I can just go and fuck myself, wow capitalism is so beautiful.
2020-12-5
Use props
djiuser_pHQHPukpcu2F
New

Egypt

My camera is only a month old, how is fair, wow man,
2020-12-5
Use props
djiuser_0NMiUyUKbYde
New
Malaysia

Found a fix on youtube that works for me. Can't seem to post the link here but this is the gist of it.
1. Take the battery out.
2. Plug a charger to the usb-c port.
3. Red power light should come on and the osmo action should power on
4. It will prompt to reset date and time
5. Put in the battery wait about a minute or so
6. Disconnect the usb-c - this will turn the osmo action off
7. You should now be able to power it on as usual and it sill show the battery peecentage
8. Plug in usb-c charger to fully charge again

This works for me. I had to try with 2 usb-c chargers before it worked.

Hope it helps
2020-12-31
Use props
arthurk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3228 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

O have the same problem, ir does not turn on anymore.
Does anybody get any solution?
Arthur
2021-6-26
Use props
demon1486
lvl.1

Ukraine

Hello does anybody have service manual with schemas for DJI Osmo Action? I have item with same case and want to try repair it by myself
2021-7-2
Use props
demon1486
lvl.1

Ukraine

I found how to power on camera
if you switch off Record Button, than you can normally turn on and turn off camera.

I can connect it with MIMO software.
I can change firmware versions all i found.
  • OSMO_ACTION_FW_V01.02.00.10
  • OSMO_ACTION_FW_V01.03.00.10
  • OSMO_ACTION_FW_V01.04.00.10
  • OSMO_ACTION_FW_V01.05.00.10
  • OSMO_ACTION_FW_V01.06.00.20
  • OSMO_ACTION_FW_V01.07.00.20
  • OSMO_ACTION_FW_V01.08.00.10
  • OSMO_ACTION_FW_V01.09.00.10
  • OSMO_ACTION_FW_V01.10.00.40

but situation when i but back connector is the same

Someboy have any ideas?
2021-7-2
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

you do need that debug txt doc in order to get the actual firmwars to work,  Here are fw 99.99.99.99. FW 1.2 to the latest wit hte debug file, otherwise its not going to load in
https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... NM/view?usp=sharing
2021-7-2
Use props
demon1486
lvl.1

Ukraine

i put debug file OSMO_ACTION_FW_DEBUG

pls share this firmware 99.99.99.99.
2021-7-2
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

demon1486 Posted at 7-2 05:57
i put debug file OSMO_ACTION_FW_DEBUG

pls share this firmware 99.99.99.99.

forgott o put the link in   it should be in the  folder

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... NM/view?usp=sharing
2021-7-2
Use props
demon1486
lvl.1

Ukraine

Firmware doesn't help to resolve my problem.
I try to clean in 96% alcohol motherboard but it doesn't help.
Water label is red colour it means that all device with same problem got water inside.

I really to know what elements need to replace, because without chemas repair is not possible.
2021-7-3
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

maybe a new purchase, as really no parts t to be found
2021-7-3
Use props
demon1486
lvl.1

Ukraine

support doesn't sell parts to end users... upset
2021-7-22
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Sorry to hear, maybe look for a  parts only camera on auctions.
2021-7-23
Use props
djiuser_oFUPTZhvkuUA
lvl.1
India

In just 15 days my dji osmo action is dead what should i do
2021-8-15
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_oFUPTZhvkuUA Posted at 8-15 18:11
In just 15 days my dji osmo action is dead what should i do

Do you know how to start a warranty repair  form.
2021-8-16
Use props
fans07918786
New
Philippines

Hi everyone!
I know I’m two years late in this forum and I hoped I’ve read this sooner. I just bought my osmo action one last November 25. I replaced my hero7 for my much awaited holiday ever since the pandemic hit. Then not a whole day of use, the camera just died. No lights or anything. It just quit. Did anyone solve this problem? Thanks!
2021-12-4
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

This "sudden death" was quite common with the early batches of the Action. Then they changed something in the design/production and it became quite rare after that. It is strange to see the reports popping up again. It is very unlikely the old problematic batches are still in stock (they were from 2019), so there must be something else going on.

The only thing I can think of is liquid exposure. Unfortunately Action is notorious for water proofing failures. Has anyone with the recent problems got their cameras wet?
2021-12-4
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

try taking out the bat, and reinserting, also try the USB cord anything
2021-12-5
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

CemAygun Posted at 12-4 17:23
This "sudden death" was quite common with the early batches of the Action. Then they changed something in the design/production and it became quite rare after that. It is strange to see the reports popping up again. It is very unlikely the old problematic batches are still in stock (they were from 2019), so there must be something else going on.

The only thing I can think of is liquid exposure. Unfortunately Action is notorious for water proofing failures. Has anyone with the recent problems got their cameras wet?

I probably have from the early batch of OA, never had any issues with it (knock on wood).

But just a month ago I bought a new cover for the usb-port, and it fit really tight and really feel waterproof.
I remember my old cover when I got my camera in snow, it had tiny water dropplet inside when I was opening the cover to transfer video from it.

So maybe people should try buying a new cover for their OA?
2021-12-5
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

johansenfoto Posted at 12-5 05:38
I probably have from the early batch of OA, never had any issues with it (knock on wood).

But just a month ago I bought a new cover for the usb-port, and it fit really tight and really feel waterproof.

Mine has got water in right from the opposite side, I could see it in the front screen. When the water eventually evaporated it left some dirt and salt residue, which is still visible today.  Could the entry point have been the battery door or the lens cover and the water had travelled to the opposite side ? I don't know, but seems unlikely.

Of course reducing the chance of a leak is always a good idea. So checking/changing the battery door is solid advice.

My action is still functional by the way. And the first two that I had returned because of sudden death did not touch a single drop of water. After the first two I waited for a good batch to arrive and I have been using it since then. I just cannot use it in water...

2021-12-5
Use props
gevigil253
lvl.4

El Salvador

a un amigo le ha sucedido, yo tengo una osmo action y nunca he tenido problema, esporo que no me pase...

Pero sin ser especializado en el tema, tengo entendido que este error lo da por un sobrecalentamiento en el sistema y quizás entra en modo protección, seria ideal que DJI incluya un pitido cuando la camara entre en sobrecalentamiento, para que el usuario este atento a la situacion y podes apagar la camara a tiempo antes de este tipo de problema.

otra teoría que tengo y después de leer sus comentarios es que al dejar conectada la cara durante un largo periodo y al completar el 100% de la batería siga cargando y produciendo asi un sobrecalentamiento del sistema influyendo asi en que se dañe la tarjeta madre de la cámara.

la única solución que hemos encontrado es cambiarla la tarjeta madre o cambiarla la cámara por una Nueva.

saludos

2022-3-16
Use props
djiuser_bqo266zKT7qm
New

India

I really disappointed that I have been enjoying my trip with Osmo, suddenly stop working no POWER ON even after tried harder. Finding way but no any support and tips... really bad experience with this staff.
2022-5-6
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

things give, chat with DJI.
2022-5-6
Use props
Zythoz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1747795 ft
  • >>>
Australia

So, I feel it's hardware as my Osmo action only works plugged in but when I put the battery in it will not work. LEDs work and everything like it normally should. At first, I was like hum maybe the battery is dead, so I got another one and still the same then I plugged it in with no battery works fine but if I try without plugging it in and only use the battery it won't.

Has no water Damage or have not dropped it so yeah i want to open it up but looks impossible.
2023-3-8
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

check if you see a metal connection on the camera where the bat goes, never know if they gave, if you remove bats  in and out
2023-3-10
Use props
PauloNeto
lvl.1

Qatar

Hi all

Same problem here with my Osmo Action.
Doesn’t turn on or give any sign of life, with the usb-c plugged, with or without battery.
No any LED give any light.
Anyone can give any advice?
Thanks
2023-4-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

PauloNeto Posted at 4-16 02:14
Hi all

Same problem here with my Osmo Action.

Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the inconvenience. Have you tried using different chargers to see if there's any signs of charging? Kindly post a short video of it plugged on a charger and also attempting to turn it on. For further checking. Thank you.
2023-4-16
Use props
PauloNeto
lvl.1

Qatar

DJI Tony Posted at 4-16 04:40
Hi there. Thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the inconvenience. Have you tried using different chargers to see if there's any signs of charging? Kindly post a short video of it plugged on a charger and also attempting to turn it on. For further checking. Thank you.

Hi Tony

Yes I tried with different chargers, different cables and with different batteries.
Nothing of those tryouts put the camera working.If you still want I can make a video with that.
2023-4-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

PauloNeto Posted at 4-18 02:57
Hi Tony

Yes I tried with different chargers, different cables and with different batteries.

Thanks for the update. If the camera is completely unresponsive, regretfully you may have to consider sending it back for a proper diagnosis. Please contact Customer Support at (support.dji.com) for further assistance regarding the process. We appreciate your understanding.
2023-4-19
Use props
PauloNeto
lvl.1

Qatar

DJI Tony Posted at 4-19 01:27
Thanks for the update. If the camera is completely unresponsive, regretfully you may have to consider sending it back for a proper diagnosis. Please contact Customer Support at (support.dji.com) for further assistance regarding the process. We appreciate your understanding.

I don’t know what I have to do more…
I already contacted your support and they gave me the contacts from your service center in Dubai. I reached them and they said they are not able to repair there the cameras and they have to send to Hong Kong. Also I contacted your online support and still waiting for an address to send my cameras.
I’m at Qatar and I don’t have any address in US to use the service from there.
Beside this camera I’ve another one also with an issue and I want to send both for your service but honestly your support working very bad.
Nobody give a solution… I’m already regretting for bought these two cameras.
2023-4-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

PauloNeto Posted at 4-19 10:41
I don’t know what I have to do more…
I already contacted your support and they gave me the contacts from your service center in Dubai. I reached them and they said they are not able to repair there the cameras and they have to send to Hong Kong. Also I contacted your online support and still waiting for an address to send my cameras.
I’m at Qatar and I don’t have any address in US to use the service from there.

We're sincerely sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. We'll send you a PM to further discuss your concern. Kindly check your inbox at your most convenient time. Thank you.
2023-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules