1234567Next >
41213 241 2019-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tbarnesarc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 322657 ft
United States

I've had the osmo action a couple of days with successful use. Last night I powered it on to change some settings without any problems. A little while later I tried to power it on again and nothing happened. Figured maybe the battery was drained somehow so I plugged it into the usb to charge it and nothing happened. No lights came on and it doesn't seem to be charging. Maybe I need to do a hard reset on the camera but I can't find any info on how to do that? Any help with this issue would be much appreciated.
2019-5-25
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Just guessing but maybe hold the power on button for an extended period of time and see if it reboots.

Or press the other button for an extended period or press them both together.

Good luck
2019-5-25
Use props
tbarnesarc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 322657 ft
United States

I tried doing that but nothing worked. Ended up shipping it back to B&H for a replacement. Probably won't have a new one for at least a week. Only got one use out of it on the mountain bike. Oh well. Thanks for trying to help though. Much appreciated.
2019-5-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day tbarnesarc. I am sorry to know what happened to your DJI Osmo Action. This is not the experience we want you to have with DJI. Thank you for giving us an update with regards to shipping it back for a replacement. Please keep us posted on the said issue for us to be able to help you further. Thank you.
2019-5-26
Use props
djiuser_UIDRHd7sOUsI
lvl.1
Taiwan

I'm having the exact same issue… what do you recommend that I do?
2019-6-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_UIDRHd7sOUsI Posted at 6-16 23:30
I'm having the exact same issue… what do you recommend that I do?

Same here just tried switching on nothing couldn’t get it to charge , I had used it free of problems since I got it on release date, I have contacted dji support waiting for a reply .
2019-6-17
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 6-17 09:57
Same here just tried switching on nothing couldn’t get it to charge , I had used it free of problems since I got it on release date, I have contacted dji support waiting for a reply .

Hallmark that's terrible. I too have the exact same problem worked last night and took it to work today and it would not power up charge or nothing.
Looks like I have to contact support as well.
2019-6-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Visual Air Posted at 6-17 15:07
Hallmark that's terrible. I too have the exact same problem worked last night and took it to work today and it would not power up charge or nothing.
Looks like I have to contact support as well.

Yeah it looks like there might be some problem here, I count 5 now with Same problem same symptoms, I’m hoping to get mine sent back in the next two days .
2019-6-17
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 6-17 15:43
Yeah it looks like there might be some problem here, I count 5 now with Same problem same symptoms, I’m hoping to get mine sent back in the next two days .

I have not heard anything yet from DJI other than they have received my request. What a shame I just received my Skyreat filters yesterday and didn't get a chance to try them.
Hopefully its still under warranty after only 45 days or so.
2019-6-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Visual Air Posted at 6-18 04:43
I have not heard anything yet from DJI other than they have received my request. What a shame I just received my Skyreat filters yesterday and didn't get a chance to try them.
Hopefully its still under warranty after only 45 days or so.

I’m certain it’s covered by warranty, I just got a case number, waiting now for A UPS Label, hopefully it won’t take to long to sort, will post and let you know how it’s going .
2019-6-18
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 6-18 06:43
I’m certain it’s covered by warranty, I just got a case number, waiting now for A UPS Label, hopefully it won’t take to long to sort, will post and let you know how it’s going .

Have you had any feedback from DJI on this yet, presumably it's hardware related rather than firmware ?
2019-6-19
Use props
peiter
lvl.4
Denmark

I just had to power up mine to be sure, and everything is normal here.
2019-6-19
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Aardvark Posted at 6-19 01:09
Have you had any feedback from DJI on this yet, presumably it's hardware related rather than firmware ?

Why am I sure that they won't reveal the underlying reasons.  Obviously, it will be fixed/replaced. Speaking replaced - have you made a decision.  Since this is my first action camera (and I probably don't do that much "action"), I don't know what I'm missing by not going with another brand.
2019-6-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Aardvark Posted at 6-19 01:09
Have you had any feedback from DJI on this yet, presumably it's hardware related rather than firmware ?

I’m now 3 days waiting for shipping label , although they have sent me a survey to fill out regarding how well my problem was managed, a bit previous me thinks lol .

I’m not sure if it’s HW or SW I will try to find out .
2019-6-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ff22 Posted at 6-19 06:29
Why am I sure that they won't reveal the underlying reasons.  Obviously, it will be fixed/replaced. Speaking replaced - have you made a decision.  Since this is my first action camera (and I probably don't do that much "action"), I don't know what I'm missing by not going with another brand.

I would say for the month I’ve had it it’s been superb, I own a go pro 7 and I have to say IMHO this camera matches up in many ways and features and is well ahead in in many ways .
2019-6-19
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ff22 Posted at 6-19 06:29

I'm still sitting on the fence for now, I find the overall package for the Osmo Action still very appealing. On the other hand the Hero 7 Black is a more mature product, more proven hardware, slightly better audio and colour saturation straight out of the device. In saying that there have been unexplained glitches and failings there as well. Had I not seen this handful of non power ups I might have jumped straight back in to buy another Osmo Action. As it is I may wait a while, or maybe not, decisions decisions …...

2019-6-19
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 6-19 07:05
I’m now 3 days waiting for shipping label , although they have sent me a survey to fill out regarding how well my problem was managed, a bit previous me thinks lol .

I’m not sure if it’s HW or SW I will try to find out .

Same here received my cas number and still waiting for a shipping label.
2019-6-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Visual Air Posted at 6-20 08:57
Same here received my cas number and still waiting for a shipping label.

Mine was just picked up this afternoon, going to Holland so will see sometime next week what problem is, I will post any further information.
2019-6-20
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

Well here's DJI response. Note my Osmo Action is not even a month old. looks like they thought I would say "oh well there was a waste of $349USD. After spending thousands if dollars with DJI it does not warrant a replacement.       
Lance (DJI Support)
6月22日 CST04:08

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience it may have caused if you still haven't received a shipping label for your case. Please allow me to assist you.

In regards to this, we would like to inform you that the product is already beyond the replacement period. Based on your order number, the product was bought on May 15, 2019 and delivered May 21, 2019.

Based on your previous email, you reported the issue last June 17, 2019. Please be informed that we can only provide replacement if the product is within the 14-day replacement period upon receiving the unit. On the other hand, we can still process a repair service for your Osmo Action and have it diagnosed to our service center.

Kindly confirm if you wish to proceed so we can update our internal department. We appreciate your kind understanding. Have a nice day!

Thank you for choosing DJI products.
Best Regards,

Lance
DJI Technical Support
2019-6-21
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Visual Air Posted at 6-21 14:37
Well here's DJI response. Note my Osmo Action is not even a month old. looks like they thought I would say "oh well there was a waste of $349USD. After spending thousands if dollars with DJI it does not warrant a replacement.       
Lance (DJI Support)
6月22日 CST04:08

I presume it is covered by warranty but you were hoping (ha!) that they would do an exchange of sorts with a new camera for the darn broken one.

Good luck
2019-6-21
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

ff22 Posted at 6-21 16:55
I presume it is covered by warranty but you were hoping (ha!) that they would do an exchange of sorts with a new camera for the darn broken one.

Good luck

Well being under 30 days old I was hoping for a replacement.However their policy is only 14 days.
The real kicker is they were not even going to tell me this I only found this out by asking where my shipping label was. So now times a wasting.
2019-6-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Visual Air Posted at 6-22 08:24
Well being under 30 days old I was hoping for a replacement.However their policy is only 14 days.
The real kicker is they were not even going to tell me this I only found this out by asking where my shipping label was. So now times a wasting.

The way dji works and it’s pretty similar for most companies, if repair is not a 5 minute job, they will simply replace the unit , but the small print tells us this can be with a refurbished like new or a new unit.
Now many are a bit dubious about refurbished units, but from my experience and going by the warranty a refurb should be as new, so if they ship you a unit that shows scuff marks scratches etc, you are well in your rights to return this unit for one that is either refurbished as new or a new unit.

Regarding working condition of refurb unit, my only experience here is with drones, and I can say that refurb drones by dji have an exceptional record of reliability and it’s very rare to see any refurb drone showing up here with any problems, so my faith in refurbs is pretty high.

Mine was sent on Thursday as soon as there is something to report I will post here .
2019-6-23
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Usually as well as the warranty there are the consumer legal rights for each country.

The only experience I've had with DJI repairs, was the return of a Mavic Pro unit with a faulty RC (screen was dead), it was shipped to Netherlands, four days to get there, two days processing, and then four days to ship back with a new RC unit. All shipping costs were covered by DJI under warranty. So it was a pleasant enough experience for me.

When I purchased my Osmo Action, it was done locally so straight back to shop for a refund when it didn't work as expected after the last firmware update. There's something to be said about buying from a retailer. At the moment I am waiting to see if there are any more problems before I consider the Osmo Action again.
2019-6-23
Use props
peiter
lvl.4
Denmark

When my car was rear ended, the plastics and the rear hatch was second hand salvage parts, painted ( poorly ) to match my car.
My own eyes are not as good as they use to be but as i am schooled and have experience with pretty much any form of painting and other kinds of surface treatment, i just had to go to the Suzuki dealer and ask then if they had their painters eyesight checked.
And then i also promptly made sure they dident offer a respray, cuz  really it is a freaking car and i don't care if the rear fender plastic and hatch don't 100 % match the rest of my car, but i know other people don't have the same down to earth opinion on this.
And rest assured if i was driving a high end car, they would have resprayed it, but its just s bottom end little car that do so i don't have to walk from A to B and don't freeze my ass off in winter.

I am not sure if it is legal to refurbish electronics here, i have never had the need for that so don't know, but Danish / EU consumer rights and protection are okay i think.
I got my osmo action locally so it have a 2 year warranty.
2019-6-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Well it arrived at dji in Netherlands let’s see how long it takes and what the outcome is .
2019-6-25
Use props
shahram44
New
Flight distance : 12526 ft
United States

I have same problem with my osmo action, turned off suddenly and not working again! I have bought it one week ago Didn’t expect from dji product, what should i do?
2019-6-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

shahram44 Posted at 6-26 11:15
I have same problem with my osmo action, turned off suddenly and not working again! I have bought it one week ago Didn’t expect from dji product, what should i do?

You should contact support and get a case number and dji will arrange a return for you, I have returned mine, it arrived at repair centre yesterday but still no word on what next .
2019-6-26
Use props
Parkhouse
lvl.1
Spain

My Osmo Action died today  half way through my holiday. Now no light when charging cable attached.  Does Dji have a problem with this new camera ? Wish I had stuck with my GoPro 6.
2019-6-26
Use props
Parkhouse
lvl.1
Spain

Mine died today on holiday too! Now no charging light comes on.
2019-6-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Parkhouse Posted at 6-26 12:52
Mine died today on holiday too! Now no charging light comes on.

Well there are 6 here with the same problem, I’m waiting to hear from dji , mine has arrived at repair centre in Holland .
2019-6-26
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 6-26 14:02
Well there are 6 here with the same problem, I’m waiting to hear from dji , mine has arrived at repair centre in Holland .

Ok here's the scoop.
I like a few of us here had the same problem. Osmo Action would not power up so I had to send it back for repair. I was instructed to send the camera body only no battery or other accessories. Mean while the charging station arrived with two spare batteries, I imediatley placed the two new batteries and the original battery onto the charger. The new batteries one is blinking green the other is solid yellow awaiting a charge and the original battery does not light up at all.
so I am guessing it was the original battery that was at fault and now my Osmo Action is on route to DJI and likely there is possibly nothing wrong with the camera.
Unfortunate there was no real way of testing the original battery. I am curious to know if that's what the majority of issues are?
In addition there was 80% battery the night before the camera failed. I cannot think it could have self discharged over night. Now I am hoping if this is the case that I receive my original Osmo Action back.
GBWr9igpSmyT5qw7W1cKLg.jpg
2019-6-28
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Visual Air Posted at 6-28 14:46
Ok here's the scoop.
I like a few of us here had the same problem. Osmo Action would not power up so I had to send it back for repair. I was instructed to send the camera body only no battery or other accessories. Mean while the charging station arrived with two spare batteries, I imediatley placed the two new batteries and the original battery onto the charger. The new batteries one is blinking green the other is solid yellow awaiting a charge and the original battery does not light up at all.
so I am guessing it was the original battery that was at fault and now my Osmo Action is on route to DJI and likely there is possibly nothing wrong with the camera.

Someone somewhere (don't recall the forum or thread) got a report that some main board was bad.  While there was no charge, the invoice showed it cost about $250 and labor another $60.  But you could well have a bad battery or the bad board killed the battery.  

I can't read the charger manual without a magnifying glass - I wish there were a pdf version of it for easier reference.  NO color - battery might be in hibernation Mode after extended period reaching ZERO.
2019-6-28
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

ff22 Posted at 6-28 16:49
Someone somewhere (don't recall the forum or thread) got a report that some main board was bad.  While there was no charge, the invoice showed it cost about $250 and labor another $60.  But you could well have a bad battery or the bad board killed the battery.  

I can't read the charger manual without a magnifying glass - I wish there were a pdf version of it for easier reference.  NO color - battery might be in hibernation Mode after extended period reaching ZERO.

I agree with you in regards to hibernation mode. My understanding would be that hibernation mode kicks in if the battery is at 0 or 3 % or something like that. I never let any battery get that low so I am puzzled.
I will just have to wait and see what DJI come up with.
2019-6-29
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 6-26 14:02

Have you had any feedback from DJI on this yet ?
2019-7-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Aardvark Posted at 7-1 08:56
Have you had any feedback from DJI on this yet ?

Funny you should ask, I just received an email this afternoon, the following is what email said.

Item List
Battery Connector Module
Quantity: 1
Net Price : 1.65
Total Net: 1.65

Type-C & SD Card Board Module
Quantity: 1
Net Price : 9.92
Total Net: 9.92
Warranty Balance. 0.00
2019-7-1
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 7-1 09:19
Funny you should ask, I just received an email this afternoon, the following is what email said.

Item List

Sounds like a faulty connection socket in camera, hopefully their fix should sort it out, although it will most likely be a new unit given what seems to be DJIs turn around policy.
2019-7-1
Use props
heartnsoul45
lvl.1
United States

So the same thing happen to me after I got the battery charging kit. I charged the new batteries and when I went to place it in the Osmo Action it would not turn on and two red lights are showing, I think its bricked or something. Does anyone know how to do a hard reset on the Action ? I Got it in May when it came out through DJI store
2019-7-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

heartnsoul45 Posted at 7-1 10:12
So the same thing happen to me after I got the battery charging kit. I charged the new batteries and when I went to place it in the Osmo Action it would not turn on and two red lights are showing, I think its bricked or something. Does anyone know how to do a hard reset on the Action ? I Got it in May when it came out through DJI store

That’s part of the problem, doesn’t seem possible to do a hard reset .
2019-7-1
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 7-1 09:19

Item List

Assuming its under warranty. No charge?
2019-7-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Visual Air Posted at 7-1 18:02
Assuming its under warranty. No charge?

Yeah no charge. It’s on its way back to me .
2019-7-2
Use props
1234567Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules