Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 7-2 00:58
Yeah no charge. It’s on its way back to me .

Will be interesting to see if its a replacement unit, as opposed to a repair.
2019-7-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Aardvark Posted at 7-2 01:58

Will post the answer to that when I get it back .
2019-7-2
Use props
Steffy Cheon
New

Philippines

Hi mine went dead last night. We were using it with charged battery when suddenly it wont turn back on. We're still on our holiday trip and it sucks because today is where the action is and i dont have a camera to use in the waters. Its still within return period when we get back on thursday. My worry is i bought this through a reseller and they only have a few stocks, im skeptical about replacing it with an osmo again if there is an issue with this batch..gopro7 is waving at me im from the Philippines and not sure yet if there is a dji place here
2019-7-2
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 7-2 00:58
Yeah no charge. It’s on its way back to me .

Good to hear. I hope it's in good shape.
2019-7-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Aardvark Posted at 7-2 01:58

Received email today, giving both SN for both battery and OA, they are both different serial numbers than what I sent in for repair, so expecting either a new unit or a refurb as new !  “I hope”
2019-7-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Visual Air Posted at 7-2 18:58
Good to hear. I hope it's in good shape.

Me to it’s on its way I have had email with SN and it’s different from what I sent .
2019-7-3
Use props
TV Reporter
New
United States

Add me to the list of Osmo Action victims!! The camera arrived 16 days ago.  I unboxed it, activated it and set it aside for vacation.  On my FIRST DAY after shooting 90 seconds of video the camera shut down and stopped working.  The front and top lights are red (top is solid, front flashes red erratically).  Customer service sent me labels but was clear they WILL NOT replace it, just submit for repairs.  WOW.  So no action vaca shots for me. I REALLY wish I'd bought a GoPro7.  This was a mistake.  DJI's customer service is famously bad - and even though I purchased the warranty all is gets me is a repaired camera that I've only used for 90 seconds.  That's after missing out on vacation footage - this trip is why I bought the camera in the first place!  BE CAREFUL when considering buying the Osmo Action until they get this bug repaired!!
2019-7-4
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

So mine is on its way back to me.
Here is what they apparently did for repair.
I am not very confident in this camera now to be honest.
Item List
Core Board Module
Quantity: 1
Net Price : 150.00
Total Price: 150.00

Repair Service Fee
Quantity: 1
Net Price : 65.00
Total Price: 65.00
2019-7-6
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Visual Air Posted at 7-6 14:36
So mine is on its way back to me.
Here is what they apparently did for repair.
I am not very confident in this camera now to be honest.

Well, that core board price is about $100 less than posted by someone else on this problem.  That higher price is about 2/3 of the cost of the new camera.  
2019-7-6
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

You can add me to the list. I have not even gone through my first charge yet. Just had some test shots and next thing you know, it is totally dead...

For the record, I was on the latest firmware.

2019-7-7
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Turkey

I have also noticed something weird; even though it does not respond to any button presses or charging, if I plug it in a USB port on my PC, PC detects something. Of course it does not show up as a usable device or anything, but that means there is still power inside...
2019-7-7
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

Yes I believe it was a bit of a premature release on the Osmo Action camera.
2019-7-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Hoping to get mine returned tomorrow, will report .
2019-7-7
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Turkey

The thing is, I am entitled by law to a "no questions asked" full refund (it is not a very long window, but I bought my OA just last friday, so I am still within that period). I am considering doing so and buy again in the future if/when the problem is fully resolved. I will decide today...

Altough I bought the OA for my wife, it was really growing on me.

Anyways, we'll see...
2019-7-7
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Turkey

Well, against my better judgement I bit the bullet, and sent the Osmo Action back for renewal/repair instead of returning it.  I know it does not much sense in my situation but my wife was so keen on it  (even though she barely had the chance to use it); I had go along to make her happy.

I will report as things progress...

2019-7-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

CemAygun Posted at 7-8 07:51
Well, against my better judgement I bit the bullet, and sent the Osmo Action back for renewal/repair instead of returning it.  I know it does not much sense in my situation but my wife was so keen on it  (even though she barely had the chance to use it); I had go along to make her happy.

I will report as things progress...

Have to say , I was using for 4 weeks and I was really impressed with almost all aspects of the action, was a bit of a shock that it just bricked, but apart from the hassle of shipping back and waiting to get it back, I’m really looking forward to getting i5 back , I don’t read to many more problems here about the action, I’m hoping from here out it will be as most others are trouble free .
2019-7-8
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Turkey

hallmark007 Posted at 7-8 10:55
Have to say , I was using for 4 weeks and I was really impressed with almost all aspects of the action, was a bit of a shock that it just bricked, but apart from the hassle of shipping back and waiting to get it back, I’m really looking forward to getting i5 back , I don’t read to many more problems here about the action, I’m hoping from here out it will be as most others are trouble free .

Just being able to use "dewarp" in every mode is a game changer for me. Barrel distortion (or having to correct it in post) was the reason I was never interested in action cameras before OA.

I did not even have the chance to check most of the other features, but hopefully when I get a replacement (and wife permitting; we bought it for her in the end) I will

I also hope what we got were a couple of rare "lemons", and we can enjoy OA without any further issues...
2019-7-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

CemAygun Posted at 7-9 07:34
Just being able to use "dewarp" in every mode is a game changer for me. Barrel distortion (or having to correct it in post) was the reason I was never interested in action cameras before OA.

I did not even have the chance to check most of the other features, but hopefully when I get a replacement (and wife permitting; we bought it for her in the end) I will

I just received mine back or should I say a brand new unit, I have it on charge so hopefully all will be good .
2019-7-9
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 7-9 07:49
I just received mine back or should I say a brand new unit, I have it on charge so hopefully all will be good .

Which firmware is loaded on you replacement, it would be a bit odd if latest build wasn’t installed on new units ?
2019-7-9
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 7-9 07:49
I just received mine back or should I say a brand new unit, I have it on charge so hopefully all will be good .

Good to hear Hallmark. Mine should arrive this Friday I believe they just repaired it.
2019-7-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Aardvark Posted at 7-9 09:13
Which firmware is loaded on you replacement, it would be a bit odd if latest build wasn’t installed on new units ?

Has there been a new FW since 6/10 my new OA is on 01.03..00.02 (6460)

FW 6/10 ,    01.03.00.01
2019-7-9
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 7-9 11:49
Has there been a new FW since 6/10 my new OA is on 01.03..00.02 (6460)

FW 6/10 ,    01.03.00.01

That I don’t know :-)

It’s just that the problem I experienced was in performing the 01.03.00.10 upgrade.  A resolution might be in hand for me, but I won’t know for sure until home at weekend.
2019-7-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Aardvark Posted at 7-9 12:51
That I don’t know :-)

It’s just that the problem I experienced was in performing the 01.03.00.10 upgrade.  A resolution might be in hand for me, but I won’t know for sure until home at weekend.

The FW running on the new OA when I turned on was 01.03.00.02, so maybe FW due soon .

2019-7-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Visual Air Posted at 7-9 11:20
Good to hear Hallmark. Mine should arrive this Friday I believe they just repaired it.

It’s not like dji to repair returns at repair facility although this may sound like an anomaly, but what usually happens is either refurb or new is what you will get, all repairs are shipped back to China to be refurbished and then returned back to repair centres , and so the wheel continues to turn.
You will know if you have to activate or by your SN. Hopefully everything is good with whatever you get .
2019-7-9
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 7-9 13:33
The FW running on the new OA when I turned on was 01.03.00.02, so maybe FW due soon .

[view_image]

That's interesting.  My firmware is 01.03.00.10(6460)

is .10 newer than .02?
2019-7-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ff22 Posted at 7-9 14:12
That's interesting.  My firmware is 01.03.00.10(6460)

is .10 newer than .02?

You would think so but I can’t find .02 anywhere and I also can’t update any further .
2019-7-9
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Netherlands

Glad to hear that Hallmark Your replacement unit's firmware made me curious. Since you cannot update, it must be a newer one. Can you see any differences?
2019-7-9
Use props
The Quadfather
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439026 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Ye just got the same problem out on Phi Phi island in Thailand and are seriously thinking of making DJI cover a purchase of a new action cam - they have a GoPro shop here.... dammit DJI we have multiple gear from you all from gimbals to drones and we are off on a day trip tomorrow to do some underwater snorkeling shots and now your gear fails utterly.  and a online video review is coming soon which will depend on how the above is handled by DJI.
2019-7-10
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Turkey

The Quadfather Posted at 7-10 05:02
Ye just got the same problem out on Phi Phi island in Thailand and are seriously thinking of making DJI cover a purchase of a new action cam - they have a GoPro shop here.... dammit DJI we have multiple gear from you all from gimbals to drones and we are off on a day trip tomorrow to do some underwater snorkeling shots and now your gear fails utterly.  and a online video review is coming soon which will depend on how the above is handled by DJI.

Sorry to hear that
2019-7-10
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Turkey

Ok, good news is, I got my replacement unit. It came with 01.01.00.20 firmware. I guess this is the "day 1" version.

Bad news is, I want to upgrade but I have developed a paranoia. It seems to me that most of these bricking events happened quite recently, within a short time frame to both brand new units (like mine) and older ones (like Hallmark's) alike.

Would it be too illogical to suspect that is has got something to do with the latest firmware?
Was anyone on older firmwares when their OA got bricked?

2019-7-12
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

CemAygun Posted at 7-12 01:39
Ok, good news is, I got my replacement unit. It came with 01.01.00.20 firmware. I guess this is the "day 1" version.

Bad news is, I want to upgrade but I have developed a paranoia. It seems to me that most of these bricking events happened quite recently, within a short time frame to both brand new units (like mine) and older ones (like Hallmark's) alike.

I would say 'go for it' with the upgrade, I didn't have a 'bricked' device (as in not working and not fixable) but rather one that was misbehaving. All has now been resolved for me (at least for now) after a fix sent to me by DJI:-

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D696%26typeid%3D696
2019-7-12
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Netherlands

Aardvark Posted at 7-12 16:47
I would say 'go for it' with the upgrade, I didn't have a 'bricked' device (as in not working and not fixable) but rather one that was misbehaving. All has now been resolved for me (at least for now) after a fix sent to me by DJI:-

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=191473&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D696%26typeid%3D696

Thanks a lot for the link Aardvark, and glad that your problem is fixed

Well, part of me says, go ahead; and if it is a batch problem, it is going to come out at one point or another (I assume my replacement unit is from the same batch) as I cannot keep using OA with the very base firmware; it is lacking a fair bit. So, much better to have it come out early...

The other part of me says maybe there was something wrong with the latest firmware that triggered the brick on some devices, and it won't be there in the next one...

Decisions, decisions...
2019-7-12
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

Just received my Osmo Action form the Dji repair facility in California. All appears to be working good and although it is not the same serial number it is either new or refurbished hard to tell. I really hope this one lasts longer.
2019-7-12
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Netherlands

Visual Air Posted at 7-12 20:29
Just received my Osmo Action form the Dji repair facility in California. All appears to be working good and although it is not the same serial number it is either new or refurbished hard to tell. I really hope this one lasts longer.

Glad to hear that Can you please check what firmware it came with?
2019-7-12
Use props
The Quadfather
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439026 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

The Quadfather Posted at 7-10 05:02

https://idonothaveaboss.com/2019/07/13/phi-phi-islands-a-multifaceted-love-story/      Top bad the Osmo Action is Broken...
2019-7-13
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

CemAygun Posted at 7-12 20:44
Glad to hear that  Can you please check what firmware it came with?

Sorry I did not pay attention, however it did update immediately to V01.03.00.10
2019-7-13
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Turkey

Visual Air Posted at 7-13 07:26
Sorry I did not pay attention, however it did update immediately to V01.03.00.10

Ah, I see, no worries   But the fact that you could upgrade means that your's did not come with a different firmware like Hallmark's.

Probably us in this thread just got a bunch of lemons at first, and hopefully we will all be luckier with the second ones ...
2019-7-13
Use props
djiuser_zrynscw8BP5v
lvl.1
Malaysia

This happened ro me too .sad.
2019-7-13
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Netherlands

djiuser_zrynscw8BP5v Posted at 7-13 18:42
This happened ro me too .sad.

Sorry to hear that
2019-7-13
Use props
djiuser_i3s3mTJ1eEog
lvl.2
Vietnam

I'm another victim of this flaw. Pretty annoyed to be honest as bought camera while on holiday and the thing just dies in fist few weeks now I am out of pocket and without a decent camera. As much as I dislike go pros I think I should have went with the tried and tested. I will have to wait until I have to return home before I have it sent back to get repaired. But it is a bit like buying a brand new car and having it brake down an hour away from the dealer.
2019-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules