Osmo Action won't power on all of a sudden
41216 241 2019-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansbf7255fe
lvl.1
Spain

Same problem here guys. From Spain today the camera returned like a brick. No sounds, no turn on, no charge... And in my case the camera connected by USB-C to the power it's like a brick. Requested to DJI some help but I guess it's going to be at least 30days  camera.
2019-7-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fansbf7255fe Posted at 7-24 04:29
Same problem here guys. From Spain today the camera returned like a brick. No sounds, no turn on, no charge... And in my case the camera connected by USB-C to the power it's like a brick. Requested to DJI some help but I guess it's going to be at least 30days  camera.

Took 13 days to replace mine .
2019-7-24
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

Thanks to the local distributor (they are absolutely incredible) who is also in charge of warranty issues here, I got my first replacement in 3 days. My vendor was also unbelievably helpful and granted my request for a full return/refund after the second failure without hesitation. For me that was the only good thing that came out of this experience: Knowing that I am at good hands with DJI products here...

This whole thing feels sad, but I don't think I had much of a choice. Probably I will give it another go in a couple of months...
2019-7-24
Use props
mppn
lvl.2
Canada

CemAygun Posted at 7-21 18:33
That would be great, thanks a lot...

Used the camera the full week on 01.04 and all good. never died and worked perfectly. My first one is en route to california DJI repair center. will report with the outcome
2019-7-26
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Turkey

mppn Posted at 7-26 17:51
Used the camera the full week on 01.04 and all good. never died and worked perfectly. My first one is en route to california DJI repair center. will report with the outcome

Ok, really glad to hear that Whatever the problem was (firmware or hardware) seems to be solved with the new design and the 01.04 firmware.
2019-7-26
Use props
Alex E
lvl.1
Flight distance : 149915 ft
  • >>>
Germany

TV Reporter Posted at 7-4 21:55
Add me to the list of Osmo Action victims!! The camera arrived 16 days ago.  I unboxed it, activated it and set it aside for vacation.  On my FIRST DAY after shooting 90 seconds of video the camera shut down and stopped working.  The front and top lights are red (top is solid, front flashes red erratically).  Customer service sent me labels but was clear they WILL NOT replace it, just submit for repairs.  WOW.  So no action vaca shots for me. I REALLY wish I'd bought a GoPro7.  This was a mistake.  DJI's customer service is famously bad - and even though I purchased the warranty all is gets me is a repaired camera that I've only used for 90 seconds.  That's after missing out on vacation footage - this trip is why I bought the camera in the first place!  BE CAREFUL when considering buying the Osmo Action until they get this bug repaired!!

Hello, completely the same story. My camera was working about 1min or so, when I was on vacations. Then suddenly switched off. Both led were red and device is dead. DJI support won't replace it, but can do "repair" for additional money. Also fill myself fooled. Bad experience!

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=194452
2019-7-28
Use props
Alex E
lvl.1
Flight distance : 149915 ft
  • >>>
Germany

shahram44 Posted at 6-26 11:15
I have same problem with my osmo action, turned off suddenly and not working again! I have bought it one week ago Didn’t expect from dji product, what should i do?

Welcome to the club of disappointed DJI customers
2019-7-28
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Alex E Posted at 7-28 08:35
Hello, completely the same story. My camera was working about 1min or so, when I was on vacations. Then suddenly switched off. Both led were red and device is dead. DJI support won't replace it, but can do "repair" for additional money. Also fill myself fooled. Bad experience!

It should be covered by warranty.  
2019-7-28
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Turkey

Hello, completely the same story. My camera was working about 1min or so, when I was on vacations. Then suddenly switched off. Both led were red and device is dead. DJI support won't replace it, but can do "repair" for additional money. Also fill myself fooled. Bad experience!

I am very surprised they are not replacing it under warranty. Did they state a reason?

And also, by any chance do you remember what production date your camera had? (in case you kept the box, it is on the side with the barcode and serial number etc.)
2019-7-29
Use props
mppn
lvl.2
Canada

Here is my repair summary. It's free of charge as it is under warranty

Annotation 2019-07-30 161416.jpg
2019-7-30
Use props
The Quadfather
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439026 ft
  • >>>
Cambodia

As this is surely a DJI mess up and I have warranty on it had the same problem sent mine to service an “online” service is NOT available here in Thailand where I live nowadays still waiting for it to be returned - meanwhile I gave DJI the second chance and bought a new one and extra batteries it’s on 1.04 and there are some major behavioral differences when starting and shutting down so hopefully this will work and I get a working back from the reseller/DJI that was on 1.03.xx I just believe that DJI messed up the update that killed a bunch of cameras in that lot and they are of course not saying a word DJIStyle.
2019-8-2
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Turkey

The Quadfather Posted at 8-2 04:56
As this is surely a DJI mess up and I have warranty on it had the same problem sent mine to service an “online” service is NOT available here in Thailand where I live nowadays still waiting for it to be returned - meanwhile I gave DJI the second chance and bought a new one and extra batteries it’s on 1.04 and there are some major behavioral differences when starting and shutting down so hopefully this will work and I get a working back from the reseller/DJI that was on 1.03.xx I just believe that DJI messed up the update that killed a bunch of cameras in that lot and they are of course not saying a word DJIStyle.

I am still holding back a bit before I buy again; but it seems like with the new batch of cameras and update 01.04 the problem is taken care of...
2019-8-2
Use props
The Quadfather
lvl.4
  • >>>
Cambodia

CemAygun Posted at 8-2 05:30
I am still holding back a bit before I buy again; but it seems like with the new batch of cameras and update 01.04 the problem is taken care of...
There are some things that you can directly notice in 1.04 one is "SD card initializing" before you can use it and the sleepmode time is extended and improved a lot and the camera just seems more intuned with the software - I  pretty sure their technical guys overpromised on the HWs capabilities or vise versa - maybe it's the batch maybe it's the software don't know but if the new example  doesn't die shortly I am pointing my finger on DJI for overpromise and under delivery - that said my partner and I need at least two cameras like this that shares the same ecosystem with batteries and accessories so we don't need two different setups of HW, software and accessories. So hopefully this was a fix and DJI incorporates some kind of reset even when the camera is not turning on <- totally lacking from any manual at the moment.
2019-8-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

mppn Posted at 7-30 12:14
[view_image]

Here is my repair summary. It's free of charge as it is under warranty

I received same invoice, but warranty covered repair so invoice rendered to 0.00,
2019-8-2
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Turkey

The Quadfather Posted at 8-2 05:48
There are some things that you can directly notice in 1.04 one is "SD card initializing" before you can use it and the sleepmode time is extended and improved a lot and the camera just seems more intuned with the software - I  pretty sure their technical guys overpromised on the HWs capabilities or vise versa - maybe it's the batch maybe it's the software don't know but if the new example  doesn't die shortly I am pointing my finger on DJI for overpromise and under delivery - that said my partner and I need at least two cameras like this that shares the same ecosystem with batteries and accessories so we don't need two different setups of HW, software and accessories. So hopefully this was a fix and DJI incorporates some kind of reset even when the camera is not turning on

I get your concerns about the ecosystem. Me and my wife move a lot throughout the year (couple of times back and forth between the houses in different regions depending on the season) and we are always trying to optimize our gear for easy hauling

By the time we have finally decided to return the Osmo Action, my wife had already ordered a fair bit of accessories (mostly mounts) and could not cancel them all. So we (well, technically "she") ended up with a lot of universal mount stuff with no use for them.

I bought the Osmo Pocket universal mount adapter to give it a try, and I was fascinated to see that I can make use of most of the action camera mounts with the OP. I liked the pole best, as I can now get nice overhead shots. Not all of them are as good of course; the head band mount looks absolutely ridiculous with the pocket...

When we buy an OA again, those mounts will be a versatile bunch

PS: Really glad to hear that you have no issues with the new one. Encourages me to give it another try soon.

2019-8-2
Use props
The Quadfather
lvl.4
  • >>>
Vietnam

CemAygun Posted at 8-2 17:21
I get your concerns about the ecosystem. Me and my wife move a lot throughout the year (couple of times back and forth between the houses in different regions depending on the season) and we are always trying to optimize our gear for easy hauling

By the time we have finally decided to return the Osmo Action, my wife had already ordered a fair bit of accessories (mostly mounts) and could not cancel them all. So we (well, technically "she") ended up with a lot of universal mount stuff with no use for them.
Happy for now the DJI trust capital is still quite low right now but I really hope that this one works or I’ll make a video and the remains l when jumping on it and sending that video to DJIs CEO just because I can and because the support function here seems to filter out any problems rather than seriously trying to fix the - standard answer is “sending this to our developers/technical staff” but there is never a reply back from that staff so reporting seems futile.
08503511-5A99-4DB3-AE33-1393842499D6.jpeg
C75410E1-03C2-4E1E-A41B-471AD08F349B.jpeg
2019-8-3
Use props
fansbf7255fe
lvl.1
Spain

Today and after 7 days that needes UPS.com,, the slow service for RMA service in DJI the camera just landed in Amsterdam check, probably no news in the next 3 days and if I have luck I can have a new one or my repaired unit in the next 7 days. :-(
2019-8-5
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Turkey

fansbf7255fe Posted at 8-5 03:26
Today and after 7 days that needes UPS.com,, the slow service for RMA service in DJI the camera just landed in Amsterdam check, probably no news in the next 3 days and if I have luck I can have a new one or my repaired unit in the next 7 days. :-(

The sooner the better, fingers crossed...
2019-8-5
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Turkey

And the final challenge begins: There is a new firmware out... If we still don't have any new bricks (I guess this has been the case since 01.04); I would say it is quite safe to buy OA (again)
2019-8-5
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

Hello, completely the same story. My camera was working about 1min or so, when I was on vacations. Then suddenly switched off. Both led were red and device is dead. DJI support won't replace it, but can do "repair" for additional money. Also fill myself fooled. Bad experience!

Absolutely NOT. The camera is under warranty and must be repaired as dictated by international laws. That’s 1-2 years depending on the country. If it is within 14 days from the purchase you are entitled to a new camera or refund. Don’t accept anything less.
2019-8-7
Use props
fansbf7255fe
lvl.1
Spain

Finally! my camera it's going to be repaired and I get this email telling me its Free Charge. At the moment I don't have more details about what they changed or how they solved. I tell you more if I get that details.
2019-8-8
Use props
Johan Melgratti
New

Mexico

i have the same problem, can u fix it?
2019-8-9
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Turkey

Johan Melgratti Posted at 8-9 18:24
i have the same problem, can u fix it?

As far as we know, you will have to send it in for a replacement/repair...
2019-8-9
Use props
Hammaminho
lvl.1

Tunisia

I faced the same issue, the camera stopped working even without putting it in water. did anyone face the same issue with the new design and the new update 1.4? if so, I'm going to get a gopro instead.
2019-8-12
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Turkey

Hammaminho Posted at 8-12 22:23
I faced the same issue, the camera stopped working even without putting it in water. did anyone face the same issue with the new design and the new update 1.4? if so, I'm going to get a gopro instead.

Sorry to hear that I don't remember hearing any since the new design/ firmware 1.04...
2019-8-13
Use props
Hammaminho
lvl.1

Tunisia

CemAygun Posted at 8-13 00:04
Sorry to hear that  I don't remember hearing any since the new design/ firmware 1.04...

Did you manage to know what was the issue?
because DJI did never talk about the issue.
I think that the issue is that little thing below the camera lens which normally prevent the camera from overheating, because my camera was overheating all the time, even when I don't shoot at 4k 30/60 FPS.
2019-8-13
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Turkey

Hammaminho Posted at 8-13 01:42
I think that the issue is that little thing below the camera lens which normally prevent the camera from overheating, because my camera was overheating all the time, even when I don't shoot at 4k 30/60 FPS.

The "cause" issue was never resolved as far as I know. The new design hit the shelves pretty close to the release of .04 firmware, so even if one of them was behind fixing the problem, it is impossible to tell which.

Given that most of the people/units never had an issue, I am guessing there was a bad batch out; and probably they all have been returned and cleared off the market by now...
2019-8-13
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The vent below the lens will be doing its job if it is hot, it is drawing heat away from the processor.

If your camera is genuinely getting too hot then it should give some warning on the screen. By virtue of what they do, they get hot, that is recognised and documented in the Osmo manual (page 4) where it tells you not to touch the front vent or filter ring or you will risk getting scalded.
2019-8-13
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hammaminho Posted at 8-12 22:23

I have one of the newer design cases and running V01.05.00.10(6762) for the last three weeks (tomorrow), and so far without problems. It's had a good number of hours use in various modes, mostly mounted to my bike. My current camera was manufactured in June (date is on box, easily seen before purchase) and came with V01.03.00.02 firmware installed which had never been available as a download.
Previously I had returned two devices, both manufactured in April (1st batch ???) and both had a problem where the firmware reverted to previous version a day or two after update (to V01.03.00.10). After that the firmware could not be updated.

So far I have been delighted with the new camera, and hope that this will continue. I had considered a Gopro, but it seems they have similar problems to resolve for some at least.
2019-8-13
Use props
djiuser_i3s3mTJ1eEog
lvl.2
Indonesia

Have these osmos actions been taken from shelves of retail stores, I have been to quite a few store which sell dji products but they don't stock osmos action which I find a bit of a coincidence.

Very poor on behalf of dji that they have not posted on this forum to assure customers that there problem would be addressed. I feel if the posts were about what great videos the osmos action shot they would be post as seen on other threads.

Replacing the faulty camera free of charge isn't exactly excellent customer service either as like many of you won't get the chance again to take footage missed out on while the camera is out of action.
2019-8-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

It seems policy of dji to keep stum regarding what is causing the problem, but undoubtedly this problem was and is a common one, many units displaying the same symptoms, I just seen a pretty famous landscape photographer on YT with exact same problems and he wasn’t happy.
If it was a public company you might hear more but private companies tend not to show their cards so not good for their customers.
2019-8-13
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Turkey

hallmark007 Posted at 8-13 08:10
It seems policy of dji to keep stum regarding what is causing the problem, but undoubtedly this problem was and is a common one, many units displaying the same symptoms, I just seen a pretty famous landscape photographer on YT with exact same problems and he wasn’t happy.
If it was a public company you might hear more but private companies tend not to show their cards so not good for their customers.

I did not know it was still happening . Since we did not have new complaints in the the forum for some time, I assumed it was fully resolved...
2019-8-13
Use props
MKosmo
lvl.4
United Kingdom

CemAygun Posted at 8-13 17:37
I did not know it was still happening . Since we did not have new complaints in the the forum for some time, I assumed it was fully resolved...

Do we know if there have been any failures on 1.04 or 1.05 ?

It may be the trickle of failures now are on previous firmware perhaps ?
2019-8-14
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Turkey

MKosmo Posted at 8-14 07:16
Do we know if there have been any failures on 1.04 or 1.05 ?

It may be the trickle of failures now are on previous firmware perhaps ?

I don't think we know of any case that has been clearly reported as happening on a "post .03" firmware.

Yet, it is also impossible to be sure, as  the people that bother to use the forum to seek help or report a problem constitute a distinct and assumably small sample pool.

I personally see the forum as an "indicative" of what is happening out there; but without any official disclosure, all we are doing is educated speculation ...
2019-8-14
Use props
Paolo_Inselvini
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616339 ft
Italy

An other one here I bought for my holidays and after 2 days of moderate usage is gone as soon I will come back home I will open a case with the support but I am really sad that I have chosen DJI and not gopro.
2019-8-14
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Turkey

Paolo_Inselvini Posted at 8-14 07:44
An other one here I bought for my holidays and after 2 days of moderate usage is gone as soon I will come back home I will open a case with the support but I am really sad that I have chosen DJI and not gopro.

Really sorry to hear that Unfortunately because of the summer season (in the northern hemisphere) a lot of people got burnt on their vacation

If it is not too much trouble, can you tell us what firmware you were on? And if it becomes possible at any point, the manufacturing date of your osmo action might also help (it is on the side of the box with all the barcodes)...

Hope you get a replacement soon,
2019-8-14
Use props
Paolo_Inselvini
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616339 ft
Italy

The problem happened today after 4 hours in the beach I took probably 10 minutes of footage... I noticed at home that a led indicator on the top stayed always on that is strange. The camera worked well so I downloaded the last firmware from the website I have upgraded via microsd then the osmo works fine but always with the red led on. I put the microsd on it and the camera said microsd corrupted which was not the case because perfectly readable from my pc. After that the back of the screen went black only the front one worked after a couple of reboot also the front one died. Now no screens no sounds nothing. Unfortunately the box is at home I cannot say now.
2019-8-14
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Turkey

Paolo_Inselvini Posted at 8-14 09:24
The problem happened today after 4 hours in the beach I took probably 10 minutes of footage... I noticed at home that a led indicator on the top stayed always on that is strange. The camera worked well so I downloaded the last firmware from the website I have upgraded via microsd then the osmo works fine but always with the red led on. I put the microsd on it and the camera said microsd corrupted which was not the case because perfectly readable from my pc. After that the back of the screen went black only the front one worked after a couple of reboot also the front one died. Now no screens no sounds nothing. Unfortunately the box is at home I cannot say now.

Ah I see... At least yours had some telltale signs before dying on you. The problem many people had before was the camera working perfectly until deciding never to turn back on one day. A sad event never the less, especially on vacation
2019-8-15
Use props
fansbf7255fe
lvl.1
Spain

Probblem solved, new camera at home and all working. 100% free charge.
2019-8-18
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Turkey

fansbf7255fe Posted at 8-18 01:09
Probblem solved, new camera at home and all working. 100% free charge.

Congrats Nice to hear that
2019-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules