Willington Cooling Towers Footage
559 7 2019-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Duncandonut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2139291 ft
United Kingdom

Some footage taken yesterday at the disused Cooling Towers at Willington outside of Derby. Hope you enjoy.

2019-5-26
Use props
Ken Storm
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178583 ft
United Kingdom

Ah... Nice video to match your shots. Interesting angles, did you fly under it.. you must have been quite close to visually guide that, or was it all done via the screen.
2019-5-26
Use props
ChrisJG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well done, your video is excellent. To think each tower is supported by that triangle of (what) concrete? Amazing engineering. Did you lose any signal flying into the tower?
2019-5-26
Use props
Duncandonut
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Ken Storm Posted at 5-26 06:08
Ah... Nice video to match your shots. Interesting angles, did you fly under it.. you must have been quite close to visually guide that, or was it all done via the screen.

I was about a hundred meters  away the other side of the security fence. I was using my CrystalSky to fly which happened to turn off just as I flew between the "V" of the support. Seems the sun shining on the screen caused it to get to hot and it turned off. Perfect time for it to happen. Only thing I could think of doing was to fly straight up and out the top.
2019-5-26
Use props
Duncandonut
lvl.4
United Kingdom

ChrisJG Posted at 5-26 06:19
Well done, your video is excellent. To think each tower is supported by that triangle of (what) concrete? Amazing engineering. Did you lose any signal flying into the tower?

Would love to know how much weight is on those supports. Boggles the mind. As to the signal loss, I was about 100 meters away and lost about 25% of my signal once I was inside.
2019-5-26
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Very nice .
2019-5-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Duncandonut. Thank you for sharing this wonderful aerial video you have captured from the Willington Cooling Towers in Derbyshire, England. Wonderful work and thank you for your support.
2019-5-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice video!
Love these big landmarks
2019-5-26
Use props
Advanced