How to get a drone to India and pass customs
13939 15 2019-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nithinp
lvl.1

India

So guys i literally just successfully flew from USA to INDIA 2 days ago with my New MAVIC PRO DRONE  and passed customs even after they had stopped me. If you guys want to know how i managed that i can make a video of how i packed my drone and successfully got through customs or if you have small questions i can just reply in the forum. So if you guys need help just let me know
2019-5-26
Use props
Nithinp
lvl.1

India

Travelling to India with a Mavic pro and passing customs

Guys if you want to know how i got my drone to india i will be posting a video on how to do it and how i got through customs even after they stopped me.
2019-5-26
Use props
Nithinp
lvl.1

India

if you have small questions feel to ask and I will provide with the details
2019-5-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thank you for willingness to give a tip to our valued DJI Forum members who might have a flight in India in the future. We would recommend abiding by our local policy and regulations when flying the drone. Thank you for your support.
2019-5-27
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Pray do tell
2019-5-27
Use props
Nithinp
lvl.1

India

Okay guys so this is my experience I will make a detailed video in a couple of days. So I made sure I packed my drone in two check in Bags and I picked Qatar airways for travelling to India because drones were legal in Doha where my layover was. So firstly I contacted the airline made sure there was nothing wrong in carrying my drone on their flight and they gave me the green signal. So I packed my battery in the carry on luggage( lipo case) and put my drone, controller and propellers in checked in luggage. So the next task was to get through customs when I landed in India. So when I landed in India after collecting my baggage I noticed a couple of X marks on my luggage. the marks were not on my drone suitcase but on the other checked in baggage the reason was because I was carrying a huge rice cooker which probably raised some flags. Got stopped by customs, here guys remember you have to be super confident and not utter a word or seem nervous. They told me to scan my bags and the whole time I just acted like nothing was in my bag. They asked me about the rice cooker and since I was travelling from USA and had a USA passport they sent me on my way. Even after scanning my bag they had no idea the MAVIC PRO was a drone. Personally I am super confident if I didn't have the RICE COOkER I wouldn't have been stopped at all. I would have walked free of customs hassle and guys I will be a making a video in 2-3 exactly showing how I packed my drone and how to conceal the identity of a mavic even if scanned so you guys fly no hassled and probably losing your to customs. THIS IS ONLY APPLICABLE TO THE MAVIC DRONES DONT TRY THIS WITH YOUR PHANTOM OR INSPIRE DRONES ITS TOO BIG OF A RISK
2019-5-28
Use props
mechrank
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66 ft

Saudi Arabia

Hey man, where'z the link to your video, and awesome but not all are lucky to pass through that always.
2019-6-30
Use props
samyanky
lvl.1

India

hey please upload the link to the video
2019-7-29
Use props
Nithinp
lvl.1

India

I will be making a video on YouTube and how to get is past customs soon sorry for the delay and stay tuned
2020-2-26
Use props
fansaf3084b0
lvl.1

India

Nithinp Posted at 2020-2-26 08:02
I will be making a video on YouTube and how to get is past customs soon sorry for the delay and stay tuned
Video's Link...?
2021-1-2
Use props
pilotkush
New
Flight distance : 156745 ft
India

Hi, I hope you're keeping well during this pandemic.  i am still waiting for your video ?
2021-1-13
Use props
djiuser_7JbFig18tIW1
New

India

Nithinp Posted at 2020-2-26 08:02
broooo pls send the link,I will be flying US and will be returning with DJI FPV combo,So now will it be ok if i put my drone inside that box only and just the batteries in cabin baggage,I am scared if customs would stop me.
2021-3-10
Use props
djiuser_x15uclI3u5CZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 160443 ft
Germany

I'm still trying to find information about going through indian airport with my mavic air. I'm about to do a long trip around Asia and India is the problem. I would even leave it in the airport and pick it up when going out but I'm not sure that's possible. I don't want to leave my drone at home but I don't want to lose it in India airport. Any tip?
2022-1-28
Use props
aerodactyl
New
Flight distance : 117149 ft
Canada

Hello
I want to carry my DJI FPV with me from canada to India
Could somebody advise as if how to take it & if anyone was abl to clear the customs withhout getting caught
Thanks
2023-2-9
Use props
djiuser_qeqXoYGtuPUm
New

India

aerodactyl Posted at 2-9 12:40
Hello
I want to carry my DJI FPV with me from canada to India
Could somebody advise as if how to take it & if anyone was abl to clear the customs withhout getting caught

Did you pass through Indian customs with DJI fpv?
2023-7-30
Use props
djiuser_4gBiDuawRPCs
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_7JbFig18tIW1 Posted at 2021-3-10 04:53
broooo pls send the link,I will be flying US and will be returning with DJI FPV combo,So now will it be ok if i put my drone inside that box only and just the batteries in cabin baggage,I am scared if customs would stop me.

Hey

Were you able to carry the DJI FPV to India without issues in customs?
2023-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules