1066 12 2019-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Scotty Shep
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136168 ft
United Kingdom

Hi their fellow dronies

I lost my MA a couple of months ago and have just returned back from working abroad and have now been able to upload the data from that lost connection flight, again thanks for the support when I first posted my MA going MIA back in February on the forum.

flight details - lost connection during the flight, no obstacles in the way, I was on high ground.

Any help would be much appreciated to decipher the log. This is also a running case for DJI.

Thanks Scott

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/VFJCS9RXQRD2RYBOCO0G/

2019-5-26
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Scotty,

sorry for your loss, your flightrecord does not explain (as far as i can see) what went wrong.

Challenging flight, that far at low height. 5x weak signal message.

At the end the video link must have been bad, your yaw inputs too much for a decent right turn towards home.

Loosing connection, at 1396 meters for 70 seconds. MA retraces it route....
When connected again at 50 meters RTH altitude distance to home 1577 meters.
MA did RTH, after 9 seconds distance 1509 meter.

Flightlog stopped here!  No signs of hitting a bird etc. Pitch and Roll angles as normal in the last record.

So what happend....??  i do not know.

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
2019-5-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there Scotty. We're sorry to know about the incident happened to your DJI Mavic Air. Our repair facility team are currently conducting an investigation for this said issue since you already submitted a case. Thank you for your kind and understanding and have a good one!
2019-5-27
Use props
Scotty Shep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Update for all, DJI have sent me a replacement MA after deciphering the data, a big thumbs up
2019-6-8
Use props
Scotty Shep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-27 09:15
Hi, there Scotty. We're sorry to know about the incident happened to your DJI Mavic Air. Our repair facility team are currently conducting an investigation for this said issue since you already submitted a case. Thank you for your kind and understanding and have a good one!

Update for all, DJI have sent me a replacement MA after deciphering the data, a big thumbs up
2019-6-8
Use props
Scotty Shep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi, there Scotty. We're sorry to know about the incident happened to your DJI Mavic Air. Our repair facility team are currently conducting an investigation for this said issue since you already submitted a case. Thank you for your kind and understanding and have a good one!

2019-6-8
Use props
Scotty Shep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Update for all, DJI have sent me a replacement MA after deciphering the data, a big thumbs up from me, and the way DJI handled this case.     
2019-6-8
Use props
Scotty Shep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 5-27 04:38
Hi Scotty,

sorry for your loss, your flightrecord does not explain (as far as i can see) what went wrong.

2019-6-8
Use props
Scotty Shep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

2019-6-8
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Scotty Shep Posted at 6-8 04:08

Hi Scotty,

Good news for you and other MA users (DJI will help them out if a MA dissapear without a known reason!)

Happy many landings with your new Mavic Air.

cheers
JJB
2019-6-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Scotty Shep Posted at 6-8 04:08

Hi, there Scotty. Thank you for the additional information. We're glad that the case is already closed and you already have your replacement DJI Mavic Air. Looking forward to watching your videos in the future. Have a safe and happy flying always Scott. Thank you for your continued support.
2019-6-8
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

JJB* Posted at 5-27 04:38
Hi Scotty,

Yeah, losing the RTH when it's coming back home with 19 sats is pretty crazy.  I wouldn't trust a Mavic Air after that lol

Latest and most updated drones otherwise you risk having more problems when it's out of control.  It's like, in a way how I motorbike if anything goes wrong you die and others could die too but because everything is built correctly nothing goes wrong.  What you choose to have and how you use it matters a lot.  My bike is an '05 R6 though.  Everything is raw.  No emission regulating equipment that came out in '06.  It's either living a sheltered life that is ultra-safe and mega super boring or a somewhat dangerous one where if something goes wrong, a lot of people can die.. but no one dies because everything is done right. : )
2019-6-8
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

That leaves puzzling dichotomy:  
why "ignore" has been programmed in lieu of none "ignore" so you needn't decide updating at all?
2019-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules