Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Blue Authorization Zone definition
10424 13 2019-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rammy66
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49501 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, Yesterday I took My Mavic Pro to my favorite spot near home when I discovered I was in a blue authorization zone. Actually, I was just outside of the blue zone but the Go 4 app still prompted me to unlock with my number and verification code which I did (all very quick) but then when I got home and thought about it I wondered if I'd made a mistake?

The authorization asked me:
If I was an authorized user? I assume I am as I'm registered to the MP thought registration with DJI and a DJI account
Whether I'm qualified to fly the aircraft? Is that the small test that you do when you get your aircraft and register with DJI etc?

Any help would be great. It's the interpretation that's baffling me. I'm a very responsible and careful flyer and honestly, don't want to be breaking the law.
2019-5-27
Use props
Glen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 572454 ft
United Kingdom

Hello Rammy66,

How weird I had the same thing yesterday at a place I used to play and camp at as a teenager, but didn't request the unlock thinking I wasn't "an authorised user" So you just entered you mobile number and got an unlock code?
2019-5-27
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's a temporary NFZ - VIP flying over etc.
2019-5-27
Use props
Rammy66
lvl.1
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-27 09:40
It's a temporary NFZ - VIP flying over etc.

Oo I wonder who or what it might have been. Should I not have self authorized A J ?
2019-5-27
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rammy66 Posted at 5-27 23:58
Oo I wonder who or what it might have been. Should I not have self authorized A J ?

I believe you can in a blue restricted zone if you are connected to the internet such as on 4G before take off. Otherwise the flight will be "restricted by default" looking at the geo description in the app.
It could also be a minor base of some description near you that is not an air base - check the geo zones on the map in the app and it should show a blue marking over something near by.
2019-5-28
Use props
Rammy66
lvl.1
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-28 00:02
I believe you can in a blue restricted zone if you are connected to the internet such as on 4G before take off. Otherwise the flight will be "restricted by default" looking at the geo description in the app.
It could also be a minor base of some description near you that is not an air base - check the geo zones on the map in the app and it should show a blue marking over something near by.

Thanks A J.
2019-5-28
Use props
Rammy66
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Glen Posted at 5-27 03:43
Hello Rammy66,

How weird I had the same thing yesterday at a place I used to play and camp at as a teenager, but didn't request the unlock thinking I wasn't "an authorised user" So you just entered you mobile number and got an unlock code?

Yes, I did exactly that. I think the fact that you are a DJI account holder and you own the drone makes you an authorized user. The app checks (which is why you need to have a 4G signal). It then asks you if you're qualified which I assumed is the short test you have to take when you register your drone with DJI.

You can do this preflight at home if you search 'DJI, flysafe'. If it's a full qualification you need, I see that it asks you to upload the paperwork. But, that's when in a red zone.

2019-5-28
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rammy66 Posted at 5-28 01:36
Yes, I did exactly that. I think the fact that you are a DJI account holder and you own the drone makes you an authorized user. The app checks (which is why you need to have a 4G signal). It then asks you if you're qualified which I assumed is the short test you have to take when you register your drone with DJI.

You can do this preflight at home if you search 'DJI, flysafe'. If it's a full qualification you need, I see that it asks you to upload the paperwork. But, that's when in a red zone.

Yeah, red zones are far more restricted and steer well clear of them unless you have authorisation before take off. Blue zones are exactly as you state. Still take care in blue zones too even after passing through the pop up's.
2019-5-28
Use props
Rammy66
lvl.1
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 5-28 01:50
Yeah, red zones are far more restricted and steer well clear of them unless you have authorisation before take off. Blue zones are exactly as you state. Still take care in blue zones too even after passing through the pop up's.

You're very wise A J. Thanks so much for all your help.
2019-5-28
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rammy66 Posted at 5-28 05:55
You're very wise A J. Thanks so much for all your help.

I wouldn't go that far lol but pleasure to help where I can. Safe flying.
2019-5-28
Use props
JMR58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

When you have contact with flysafe@dji.com, you can ask to unlock the blue zone for your account for 1 year..
IMG_2459.png
2019-5-29
Use props
Rammy66
lvl.1
United Kingdom

JMR58 Posted at 5-29 04:14
When you have contact with flysafe@dji.com, you can ask to unlock the blue zone for your account for 1 year..

Thanks for the tip. Very useful.
2019-6-3
Use props
djiuser_xnSfg0VBqg8H
New

United States

A J Posted at 2019-5-28 01:50

Hi AJ-

I am in a similar situation, but I go through the three point authorization protocol and the DJI app tells me that I have completed the authorization and that I am done. Unfortunately, regardless of what the app says the authorization is not effective. Mind you this is an area that I have flown in for several weeks and all of the sudden I am having problems getting authorized even though it has not been a problem in the past.

Any help that you can provide would be greatly appreciated!
2020-12-9
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_xnSfg0VBqg8H Posted at 12-9 17:25
Hi AJ-

I am in a similar situation, but I go through the three point authorization protocol and the DJI app tells me that I have completed the authorization and that I am done. Unfortunately, regardless of what the app says the authorization is not effective. Mind you this is an area that I have flown in for several weeks and all of the sudden I am having problems getting authorized even though it has not been a problem in the past.

Your best bet would be to contact DJI support services
2020-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules