Transfering from iPhone & DJI GO to my windows computer
9565 13 2019-5-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JohnnyScience
lvl.2
United States

I'm trying to figure out how and what to transfer from my iPhone XS to my computer.  I used the Osmo Mobile 2 & the DJI Go app with my XS.

I found I can access the DJI GO app inside of iTunes>My Device>File Sharing

I even found what seems to be the right folder (Based on it's size of 6.77gb) titled "hg300 storage"

I transfered that to my computer and I can see a bunch of media files, pictures and blank white files that end in the word "thumbnail"

But when I go to click on any of the media files, they are just audio, they aren't video - so where are the video files and are there any other folders/files from the DJI GO app I need to download to my computer to see these videos properly?

2019-5-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. May I ask if you already tried a different video player to play the video to see if there would be some changes? Also, you may check the folder on the following drive after you connect your iPhone XS to your computer. You may refer to the information below.

Connect the mobile device to the computer and run iTunes, go to…\DJI Go \Documents (DJI Go APP)…\DJI Go 4\Documents (DJI Go 4 APP) and find the folders:

Academy: stores documents downloaded from Academy.
Export Works: stores videos edited with Editor.
FlightRecords: stores flight records.
VideoCache: stores cache video and original videos downloaded with the app.

Please keep us posted on the latest updates for us to further help you with this concern. Thank you and have a wonderful day!
2019-5-28
Use props
neilill
New

New Zealand

I can't even save from itunes and get error "hg300 storage" could not be copied because and error occurred. An unkown error occurred (-4). Has anyone else see this??? If i try and drag and drop to desktop nothing happens. Really frustrating trying to get the content off my iphone. I've tried two computers and both app and itunes is upto date.
2019-5-28
Use props
JohnnyScience
lvl.2
United States

Why is this so difficult?!  As big of a company as DJI is and how integrated DJI Go is, you'd think this would be a super simple process.

Can anyone at all help me get my videos off my iphone?

This is ridiculous there is no real support for this.
2019-7-2
Use props
JohnnyScience
lvl.2
United States

Hellooo anyone at all????
2019-7-3
Use props
JohnnyScience
lvl.2
United States

It amazes me at the difficulty and lack of support on this.  Makes me want to switch to another gimble.
2019-7-5
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>
United States

In the DJI Go App for the device, I click on" Editor." It will be there with "Equipment, Editor,, Skypixel and Me" all at the bottom.  Your video should be there as a thumbnail.  Click on it once, and another window opens.  At the bottom left of the screen, there is an arrow pointing down into a box looking thing.   Click it and two things open up, one being "Cancel", and the other "Save video to your device".  Choose the later.  Now if you go to the main screen of your iPhone, find your "Photos" folder, open it and look in the folder called "All Photos."  There is your video, and now connected to your laptop (using the iPhone cable, you can get that video.  Let us know how this works for you.
2019-7-6
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JohnnyScience Posted at 7-5 11:03
It amazes me at the difficulty and lack of support on this.  Makes me want to switch to another gimble.

n the DJI Go App for the device, I click on" Editor." It will be there with "Equipment, Editor,, Skypixel and Me" all at the bottom.  Your video should be there as a thumbnail.  Click on it once, and another window opens.  At the bottom left of the screen, there is an arrow pointing down into a box looking thing.   Click it and two things open up, one being "Cancel", and the other "Save video to your device".  Choose the later.  Now if you go to the main screen of your iPhone, find your "Photos" folder, open it and look in the folder called "All Photos."  There is your video, and now connected to your laptop (using the iPhone cable, you can get that video.  Let us know how this works for you.
2019-7-6
Use props
JohnnyScience
lvl.2
United States

Lonesome Crow Posted at 7-6 13:19
n the DJI Go App for the device, I click on" Editor." It will be there with "Equipment, Editor,, Skypixel and Me" all at the bottom.  Your video should be there as a thumbnail.  Click on it once, and another window opens.  At the bottom left of the screen, there is an arrow pointing down into a box looking thing.   Click it and two things open up, one being "Cancel", and the other "Save video to your device".  Choose the later.  Now if you go to the main screen of your iPhone, find your "Photos" folder, open it and look in the folder called "All Photos."  There is your video, and now connected to your laptop (using the iPhone cable, you can get that video.  Let us know how this works for you.

This app is trash and the way videos are saved to the phone is TRASH!

First of all, I should be able to download the entire video data folder instead of manually having to preview and save each video file that I want.

I should be able to go to itunes>iphone>file sharing>DJI Go>hg300 Storage>save

But instead I get an error every time telling me "hg300 storage" could not be copied because an error occurred.  This device is not connected"

Yet it's clearly connected because I see the file on the iphone to save.  

I've disconnected and re-connected the phone multiple times, only to get the same error message.

Now after 30 minutes of downloading 820 pics and videos I manually saved from the DJI Go app, only 121 of them are actually visible on my computer & on top of that Windows Media player can not play the video files that I recorded with my iphone??

I swear I'm about to sell this stupid gimbal and go with a different platform.

Way to screw up an easy process DJI.
2019-7-22
Use props
JohnnyScience
lvl.2
United States

To even be able to utilize all of the videos I've created I have to do the following steps:

Manually save from DJI Go app to my phone, upload to my google drive manually & then download from my google drive to my computer.

Does anyone at DJI realize how STUPID and cumbersome this makes the process?  It's literally 3x more time and effort added to an already complicated process of video creation.
2019-7-22
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I don't use iTunes to get videos from my iPhone.
2019-7-24
Use props
thesurg3on
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57448 ft
United States

This is very simple.

1. Download and install Itunes
2. Plug iPhone into Windows computer
3. Open iTunes
4. Click on the Device in the task pane 2019-11-24_17-53-42.png

5. Click on File Sharing
2019-11-24_17-56-25.png
6. On Right, Double Click on DJI Go or DJI GO 4
7. Click on Video Cache folder
8. Click on SAVE in bottom. Make sure you scroll down so that it's not hidden.

2019-11-24_17-59-01.png

9. Save to wherever you want.

After transfer is completed, you can delete the files from within the DJI Go or DJI Go 4 apps and have more space. Much more efficient than saving each file to your camera roll taking up double the capacity, and then manually transferring. This is faster!
2019-11-24
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

thesurg3on Posted at 2019-11-24 18:01
This is very simple.

1. Download and install Itunes

This works great!!  Thanks!!
2020-6-30
Use props
Ashrali
lvl.1

Singapore

i think due to the drm protection, you can't play musics from iTunes on windows system, so you need to remove it, I use this software called AMusicSoft , which is free and very simple to use, I think you can have a try.
2020-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules