Experienced 2 RC disconnects in my last 3 flights
685 8 2019-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
STRIDE8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

I wanted to know if anyone is experiencing RC disconnects when flying their Mavic Pro.  After almost 2 years of flying the Mavic Pro with NO problems, I get 2 in my past 3 flights.  I have the most updated firmware & in each instance, the satellites were at 15 & 18.

The Mavic Pro returned to home flawlessly but I want to know if this is something to expect since it has never happened to me before.  Thanks
2019-5-28
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Can you regain control with RC, by power-cycling RC?  

What about pulling USB connection between RC & SmartDevice, then power-cycling RC?
2019-5-28
Use props
STRIDE8
lvl.4
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 5-28 06:56
Can you regain control with RC, by power-cycling RC?  

What about pulling USB connection between RC & SmartDevice, then power-cycling RC?

I haven't tried those solutions because my 1st thought was to get the Mavic back to me and land.. maybe ill do a low altitude test to see if it happens again and use the process you just described.  Thanks for the info
2019-5-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day STRIDE8. I am sorry for to know that you had an issue with your previous flight with your DJI Mavic Pro and thank you for reaching out. For us to isolate the issue can you please fly you drone to a different location to test if the issue will still persist? Please check the location where you are flying your drone if there are metal structures that can interfere with the signals of the drone. In addition I will be posting an official DJI tutorial video on Remote Controller Antenna Best Practices. Please keep us posted on the said issue for us to be able to help you further. Thank you.

2019-5-28
Use props
STRIDE8
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 5-28 11:28
Hello and good day STRIDE8. I am sorry for to know that you had an issue with your previous flight with your DJI Mavic Pro and thank you for reaching out. For us to isolate the issue can you please fly you drone to a different location to test if the issue will still persist? Please check the location where you are flying your drone if there are metal structures that can interfere with the signals of the drone. In addition I will be posting an official DJI tutorial video on Remote Controller Antenna Best Practices. Please keep us posted on the said issue for us to be able to help you further. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7M9JtfVwQE

Thank you for the information
2019-5-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

STRIDE8 Posted at 5-28 11:34
Thank you for the information

You are very much welcome STRIDE8. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-5-28
Use props
jdk2man
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16453 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've had the same issue the last two times. The first time the camera was going wild looking left, right, etc.. landed. Re-calibrated,then took off. Then it did the same thing and lost  complete connection with the RC.
I rebooted the remote, still nothing. No RTH, just sat there hovering.
Luckily it was about 3 feet above the ground.
I ended up grabbing it from the bottom and reaching in between the blades to pull the battery. Not fun.
btw, this was in nowhere New Mexico in an open field. No interference, good GPS, etc..

Last time I flew, it was in the county, no interference, I flew a bit, no problems and then the remote said disconnected. and it started to go up. Maybe trying to RTH? I was able to pull the stick down and keep it from going up but it wouldnt land. Luckily I was able to hit the Land button on the remote app and it landed. BTW, I was about 5 feet away from the drone.

I dont know if there is a bad update or what but it is scary to fly.
2019-7-31
Use props
STRIDE8
lvl.4
United States

jdk2man Posted at 7-31 07:01
I've had the same issue the last two times. The first time the camera was going wild looking left, right, etc.. landed. Re-calibrated,then took off. Then it did the same thing and lost  complete connection with the RC.

whoa.. that's scary... I guess eventually we will experience some type of issue.  I've had the MP for 2 years now and its always been reliable.  I was flying over the Caribbean Sea a few weeks ago with no issues.. (KNOCK ON WOOD).  I have Statefarm PAP but I would hate to have my drone crash or fly away
2019-7-31
Use props
Morte Nera
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1449131 ft
Italy

jdk2man Posted at 2019-7-31 07:01

I still have this problem, every 2/3 flights, and it's always very frightening to remove the battery by hand. Was there ever a resolution?
2020-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules