CAS-3092817-Q3F5Z2
3664 15 2019-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJIRjohn
lvl.2

Canada

Hello All,

I bought my DJI Mavic Pro zoom for my birthday after 2 years savings/waiting and it was flying good and perfectly during 1st few days even at forest using active track. I remember DJI android app wants to update and it was working  ok after update but slowly getting wonky at times then one day, it was a nice bright weather, calm wind at 5pm I brough it to the big lake to film my friend swimming, It was flying good, the lake was open with no obstacles except forest boundary. I did a quick Helix mode and it was on really big circle, drone went into the forest and took me a while to get it out due to so much leaves/ branches around. I don't understand why my drone did not simply hover outside thick trees during Helix and avoid these thick branches.

I was able to get it out and last 13 seconds, I only remember pushing control forward and next thing I know it's gone down in the water. I contacted DJI support and they told me I tried to land it, I know that's impossible as drone flew on cardinal direction south-west before hitting the murky dark water.

I tried to look for it, I even bought a rubber boat with my wife n kid to look but no luck, I reviewed the video over n over and I noticed sensor failed when it crashed. I don't understand how a sensor can fail during a beautiful bright day, not too sunny but simply perfect day at 5pm onwards.  The drone should have braked as 13 seconds is ample time to react, I am stuck with accessories, very sad....

Please help, see my log. I spent extra money for 6 sensors, I am confused...

61411163_10156974098846251_2520760810473521152_o.jpg
2019-5-28
Use props
DJIRjohn
lvl.2

Canada

May 22, 2019 I made it out of the forest, the drone should have hover and protect from crashing. See flight records below.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1z0SvYj5dORp6VQ5s7aO2u-PQFuQePr4g?usp=sharing

Please help...
2019-5-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

DJIRjohn Posted at 5-28 11:20
May 22, 2019 I made it out of the forest, the drone should have hover and protect from crashing. See flight records below.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1z0SvYj5dORp6VQ5s7aO2u-PQFuQePr4g?usp=sharing

Hi, sorry for the late response.  I will formally ask and seek assistance with the designated team who handle this case for better information. Kindly wait for a Feedback via email approximately within 24-48 hours. Appreciate your patience on this. Thank you.
2019-5-28
Use props
DJIRjohn
lvl.2

Canada

The initial support said I tried to land the push the stick forward, I don't quite understand how the drone would have crashed 13 seconds and 41 meters away from the subjected landing attempt spot. The support said there is no sign of errors in obstacle sensor, I don't quite agree as it's shows clearly that "Obstacle sensing failed due to light ambient". The DJI support can't justify proper analysis, every time they simply say it's your fault without wanting to discuss the "Obstacle sensing error as per image and video" If the sensor had not failed regardless, it would have proven enough time 13 secs to apply a brake and hover instead of crashing.
2019-5-28
Use props
DJIRjohn
lvl.2

Canada

https://youtu.be/0OB5GioNjuc
2019-5-28
Use props
fans8fa86a20
New
Flight distance : 207385 ft
United States

Hijacking this to let you guys know I lost my spark on a cliff at lake barryessa in California.  If you can get it, you can keep it!
2019-5-28
Use props
fans8fa86a20
New
Flight distance : 207385 ft
United States

Hijacking this to let you guys know I lost my spark on a cliff at lake barryessa in California.  If you can get it, you can keep it!
2019-5-28
Use props
Magic Maniac
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11549 ft
United States

DJIRjohn Posted at 5-28 14:35

I don't understand why it crashed either. let us know what support says once they loo it over again.
2019-5-29
Use props
Magic Maniac
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11549 ft
United States

DJIRjohn Posted at 5-28 14:35

I don't understand why it crashed either. let us know what support says once they look it over again.
2019-5-29
Use props
DJIRjohn
lvl.2

Canada

Magic Maniac Posted at 5-29 07:54
I don't understand why it crashed either. let us know what support says once they look it over again.

The sensor has been real wonky since Helix mode, Drone literally went into the forest before started spitting all warnings, I got it out and it flew south-west direction  for 10 secs then crashed without me touching the altitude stick at all. DJI said it's me trying to land it and that disabled the obstacle sensor. They won't explain why sensor failed error " Downward Obstacle Sensing is not functioning" Ambient light too weak" came up though unfortunately...
2019-5-29
Use props
DJIRjohn
lvl.2

Canada

DJIRjohn Posted at 5-29 08:06
The sensor has been real wonky since Helix mode, Drone literally went into the forest before started spitting all warnings, I got it out and it flew south-west direction  for 10 secs then crashed without me touching the altitude stick at all. DJI said it's me trying to land it and that disabled the obstacle sensor. They won't explain why sensor failed error " Downward Obstacle Sensing is not functioning" Ambient light too weak" came up though unfortunately...

I hope they do the right thing and accept that my luxury series drone with 6 Obstacle sensor malfunctioned. I am awaiting results from their investigations again, I missed my drone and I am stuck with accessories on my birthday in a couple days .

2019-5-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

DJIRjohn Posted at 5-29 08:10
I hope they do the right thing and accept that my luxury series drone with 6 Obstacle sensor malfunctioned. I am awaiting results from their investigations again, I missed my drone and I am stuck with accessories on my birthday in a couple days .

Hi DJIRjohn, for your confusion, the team has explained clearly under ticket#2142863, please kindly check later, thanks!
2019-5-30
Use props
DJIRjohn
lvl.2

Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 5-30 00:07
Hi DJIRjohn, for your confusion, the team has explained clearly under ticket#2142863, please kindly check later, thanks!

For 10 seconds no stick were pushed, this is not an explanation but a scripted reply...
2019-5-30
Use props
DJIRjohn
lvl.2

Canada

Hello DJI/manager,

Please stop sending Lydia to assist me, she is the most incompetent tech support I have seen since Trump became a president. I am asking that this be escalated, I am getting 3 days of same replies is insulting and purely scripted, DJI just don't care at all here... Please see below my last reply to Lydia.. I am asking that this reviewed by her manager. I am very much insulted and in distress and with these lack of sensitivity offer garbage. I am sorry but I don't burn cash like some boxers....

Hello Lydia,

I think it's clear now that your lack of initiatives and desire to compel your poor evidence without taking my valid argument, images and videos in regards is causing me a great deal of distress. I am not looking for apology or hoping for your insulting discount. I just paid $2,000CAD for my drone and I own other DJI products and I am a loyal customer but that is waning down day by day. I am tired of you insisting on me to take your 15% discount offer. I am not stupid, please stop offering me a sale which clearly there is no discount. It is simply you offering me a lesser cost drone without controller and charger which specifically not a discount but a drone only sale offer.

It's bad enough that you have miserably failed to give me any justifiable argument on "sensor error" but rather you are very much fixated on what happened before the crash T:12:50. Again Lydia. the critical point of crash is during forward take off at Cardinal direction heading south-west starting T=12:53 right to crash time around 13:03. There is 10 seconds of margin for the aircraft to correct any issues, obstacles and avoidance braking system execution. There is a pure and clear evidence that my sensor is trying to work but with a complete failed performance that led to the crash.

I am asking that this be escalated to a more reasonable supervisor or manager. I am growing tired of your fixations on events being blamed on me prior to the 10 secs window. Please don't tell me the aircraft sensor was disabled in that 10 secs period. I just can't hear it anymore...

I am ignoring all your replies at this point, I want to deal with your supervisor, this is not an acceptable treatment of a loyal customer.... I am very disappointed.

I am asking that I be dealt with respect, consideration and again, if 10 seconds was too much to correct the landing then why do you even bother putting an obstacle sensor and automatic braking system if it require more than 10 seconds of reaction time?
2019-5-30
Use props
DJIRjohn
lvl.2

Canada

DJIRjohn Posted at 5-30 04:50
Hello DJI/manager,

Please stop sending Lydia to assist me, she is the most incompetent tech support I have seen since Trump became a president. I am asking that this be escalated, I am getting 3 days of same replies is insulting and purely scripted, DJI just don't care at all here... Please see below my last reply to Lydia.. I am asking that this reviewed by her manager. I am very much insulted and in distress and with these lack of sensitivity offer garbage. I am sorry but I don't burn cash like some boxers....

This is pure scripted garbage reply.... stop it please!
2019-5-30
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

DJIRjohn Posted at 5-30 03:32
For 10 seconds no stick were pushed, this is not an explanation but a scripted reply...

Hi Raphael, we understand you being frustrated and we do apologize for that. Please keep your lines open, one of our managers will be calling you to assist. Thank you for your patience.
2019-5-30
Use props
DJIRjohn
lvl.2

Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 5-30 08:11
Hi Raphael, we understand you being frustrated and we do apologize for that. Please keep your lines open, one of our managers will be calling you to assist. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you DJI Diana, I am awaiting for some sensible conversation.
2019-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules