Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Mavic Pro Charger?
963 13 2019-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 912661 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi there,

Can I use my DJI Mavic Pro charger USB ports to charge my Osmo Action?

Thanks
2019-5-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Dragonfyr, thanks for reaching out and we appreciate your interest in our products.This concern has already been forwarded to our related team for clarification. I will give you the feedback as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and continued support.
2019-5-28
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-28 12:02
Hi Dragonfyr, thanks for reaching out and we appreciate your interest in our products. I will need to clarify this concern to our related team to check if this is possible. I will give you an update as soon as possible. Appreciate your patience and continued support.

That's great. Thank you
2019-5-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Dragonfyr Posted at 5-28 12:08
That's great. Thank you

You're most welcome. Cheers!
2019-5-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Good day Dragonfyr, we appreciate your patience and continued support. Just an update with your query, I received the feedback from our related team. The charger output is 5V 1A or 2A, and it should be adapted with no problem and no relevant parameters found. Just to give you additional information, the 5V 2A charger with type c will be compatible with DJI Osmo action in the near future. Kindly check our official website: https://www.dji.com/ and see the release notes for any updates. Should you have other concern, please feel free to contact us. We're always here to help you. Thank you for choosing DJI.
2019-5-29
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-29 09:45
Good day Dragonfyr, we appreciate your patience and continued support. Just an update with your query, I received the feedback from our related team. The charger output is 5V 1A or 2A, and it should be adapted with no problem and no relevant parameters found. Just to give you additional information, the 5V 2A charger with type c will be compatible with DJI Osmo action in the near future. Kindly check our official website: https://www.dji.com/ and see the release notes for any updates. Should you have other concern, please feel free to contact us. We're always here to help you. Thank you for choosing DJI.

Hi,

So i can use the Mavic Pro charger to charge my Osmo Action. Hope it works ok. Soon find out.

Thanks for your help
2019-5-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Dragonfyr Posted at 5-30 06:29
Hi,

So i can use the Mavic Pro charger to charge my Osmo Action. Hope it works ok. Soon find out.

You're most welcome. It was confirmed by our developers that it's fine to use the charger to your DJI Osmo Action. Just in case you have any problem charging it, please feel free to reach me. I'm always here to help. Thanks for your continued support.
2019-5-30
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Dragonfyr Posted at 5-30 06:29
Hi,

Any electrical engineers in the house? (g)

Can an adapter that provides more amps and/or volts be used on a device that needs less of either of those values?

The manual has this:

"Charging time" appeox. 1 hour 30 minutes (using a USB adapter of 5V/2A)*

The * "Charging time is for reference only."
2019-5-30
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-30 08:06
You're most welcome. It was confirmed by our developers that it's fine to use the charger to your DJI Osmo Action. Just in case you have any problem charging it, please feel free to reach me. I'm always here to help. Thanks for your continued support.

So i plugged the Osmo Action Camera into the Mavic Pro charger and it was charging perfectly fine. Solid red lights and the lightning bolt over the battery icon (when turned on). But then ran into 2 problems.

1) The Osmo randomly turmed itself on. I hadn't touched it, it was sat by itself, and just turned on.

2) The red LED lights started to flicker. I instantly unplugged the usb cable, turned the Osmo on and it was fine.

So i plugged the usb cable in again, the LED's stayed solid red again but after a few seconds they started to flicker again.

Is this normal?

Used a brand new 3meter Type C Itec Alloy USB Cable.
The charger is for the Mavic Pro. 1st gen.
Did record a video but cant upload till tomorrow (Friday) night.

Any ideas? Is it ok to keep charging it via the Mavic charger?

Thanks
2019-5-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Dragonfyr Posted at 5-30 16:15
So i plugged the Osmo Action Camera into the Mavic Pro charger and it was charging perfectly fine. Solid red lights and the lightning bolt over the battery icon (when turned on). But then ran into 2 problems.

1) The Osmo randomly turmed itself on. I hadn't touched it, it was sat by itself, and just turned on.

I'm really sorry to know that. This is not the experience we want you to have with DJI. As of this time, I would suggest please do not charge it yet using the Mavic Pro charger until I have a proper feedback from or related team. Also, kindly provide a short video the issue for further checking. You  can upload it by using google drive or Drop box and kindly provide the link here. Thanks!
2019-5-31
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-31 12:49
I'm really sorry to know that. This is not the experience we want you to have with DJI. As of this time, I would suggest please do not charge it yet using the Mavic Pro charger until I have a proper feedback from or related team. Also, kindly provide a short video the issue for further checking. You  can upload it by using google drive or Drop box and kindly provide the link here. Thanks!

Hi,

I dont plan on charging it via the Mavic Pro charger again. And i hope i haven't damaged the camera by doing that. It seems to work fine since then. Although, at the start of every recording, the play back sound sounds like there's several audio tracks playing at once.

I already recorded a video, will upload it later on tonight and share it to you.

Thanks for replying. I really appreciate it
2019-5-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Dragonfyr Posted at 5-31 18:36
Hi,

I dont plan on charging it via the Mavic Pro charger again. And i hope i haven't damaged the camera by doing that. It seems to work fine since then. Although, at the start of every recording, the play back sound sounds like there's several audio tracks playing at once.

Again, sorry for all the inconvenience. I will wait for your update, thanks!
2019-6-3
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-3 08:12
Again, sorry for all the inconvenience. I will wait for your update, thanks!

Sorry for the delay. Here is the video.

Thanks,
Dragonfyr
2019-6-8
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dragonfyr Posted at 6-8 11:44
Sorry for the delay. Here is the video.