22336 50 2019-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tima_007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1110312 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

Ok guys, it's time to create this big post. First of all - sorry for my english, i'm from Ukraine and only learning englitsh at this time. Dont gudge me hard)))

So, i'm using DJI products rof long long time, since first DJI F450 frame and DJI NAZA flight controller.
First my image stabiliser was DJI Zenmuse H3-2D for my GoPro action cam.
After H3-2D i buy H3-3D and after H3-4D.

Than after long time of usage it has become the DJI Phantom series and i use this gimbals until Phantom 3 become...

After this i have buy DJI Inspire with Zenmuse X5 camera and little time after DJI release adapter for Osmo to X5 camera.

I know very well how DJI stabilization works and all i can say --- DJI stabilization was perfect, perfect UNTIL I BUY DJI RONIN-S

DJI, i don't cnow what you think but all this ussue's with shaking problem, jerky footages and other issue's - this is a dislike and manifestation of total disrespect for your customers!
DJI RONIN-S is totaly unusable gimbal for camera without IBIS (in body image stabilization)
I have use my RONIN-S for half year with Sony A7sII and i have also see some jelly effect. Now i'm using it with FUJIFILM XT3, it has no IBIS and this is nightmare.
All my footage need software post stabilization! ALL!!!!!

Yes, i'm PERFECTLY balance my gimbal
Yes, i have try many many many settings variation
Yes, i use Auto calibration, system calibration and other auto calibration
Yes, i have try factory reset, a try new firmware, i try downgrade firmware but all this not halp!
Yes, i try many variation's for stifness seting and other adwanced setting!And YESS, i walk like ninja PRO everytime

I also try use external GPS module for Ronin-s and nothing change

Here some fuutage's from my Fuji XT3 with DJI Ronin-S. I made with different focal length and all time have rebalance my ronin after focal distance change. I have ewerythink done perfectly but here is the result

2019-5-29
Use props
DJI Maveric
New

United States

yea DJI what the hell
2019-5-29
Use props
fansf54617d9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37369 ft
United States

looking forward to reply.  I have the same issue.  I just went from a Pilotfly Adventurer with a Sony a6300 to Ronin s with Sony A7S ii.  I am not happy with the results.  panning has noticlalby more jitter as well as the general instability your clip exemplify
2019-6-14
Use props
HRPOWWAA
lvl.2
United States

i have had the same issue as well. I just followed the steps to rebalance the RoninS with one of the legs up on the battery charger. When i went to run a balance test it said the Ronin S was not balanced correctly.  I was always thinking it was balanced perfectly when the camera was perfectly aligned with everything.  So i will report back after i go outside and take a few runs with the Ronin.
2019-6-16
Use props
Chris_E
lvl.3
Flight distance : 243474 ft
  • >>>
Germany

HRPOWWAA Posted at 6-16 06:59
i have had the same issue as well. I just followed the steps to rebalance the RoninS with one of the legs up on the battery charger. When i went to run a balance test it said the Ronin S was not balanced correctly.  I was always thinking it was balanced perfectly when the camera was perfectly aligned with everything.  So i will report back after i go outside and take a few runs with the Ronin.

Read the manual properly. You should NEVER balance the Ronin with one leg up!! Always keep it straight! Otherwise, you can never balance your Ronin correctly.
Only when performing the balance test, you should but something under one leg.
2019-6-17
Use props
saleh3z
lvl.1
United States

SAME ISSUE!

I have the Ronin S. But even when my rig is fully balanced, test on the Ronin app results excellent on all axes, I still see some major shakiness and not sure why. I often find myself stabilizing a lot in post, when the ronin should be doing this job for me.

Can anyone help me understand why it is not smooth.

2019-6-18
Use props
Tima_007
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ukraine

saleh3z Posted at 6-18 22:10
SAME ISSUE!

I have the Ronin S. But even when my rig is fully balanced, test on the Ronin app results excellent on all axes, I still see some major shakiness and not sure why. I often find myself stabilizing a lot in post, when the ronin should be doing this job for me.

Nobody will help us because all this issues and problems from factory defect and DJI will newer told this.
2019-6-18
Use props
Tima_007
lvl.4
  • >>>
Croatia

ok dji, any firmware update to fix major issues?
Or you fix issues with new  Ronin SC and forgot us with old Ronin S ??????
2019-7-31
Use props
dhproduction
lvl.1

Hey dudes!

I have the DJI Ronin SC and exact the same problems!
80% of my footage must be corrected in post...

All axes are balanced excellent (so says the balance test)...

I using only a sony alpha 7iii with stock lens 24-70mm OSS and the weight of the kamera plus lens is very low. But my ronin sc still have the same problem.

Anyone have a solution for that?

PS: Sorry if my english is bad, im from germany
2019-9-4
Use props
Kalleno
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42503 ft

I had similar issues with my Ronin S. I had the feeling, that one motor sometimes suspends for a really short time. I'm using the BMPCC4K-Camera, it has a different formfactor, why I had these issues I think.

My solution was:
1. balancing all axis to "excellent"
2. System calibration in the App with camera on it

I think, I fixed it with that. Maybe you can give it a try?

Edit: Nevermind, you already did the calibration....

2019-9-5
Use props
Kanaye Shogun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 335062 ft
  • >>>

I had the same problem with my ronin S and nobody from DJI did not want to reply to me here on this forum. My shop send it for repair. They changed the motors and now it works much better. DJI support is awful if you buy anything online.
2019-9-6
Use props
Wango92
lvl.1
Flight distance : 538533 ft
  • >>>

Hi guys. I've just bought a Ronin S last week an the first footage was unusable. All I did before shooting was balancing the 3 axis to "excellent" and an autotune. The footage was exactly as jerky as what we see on that thread.
I observed that the motors were uncorrectly set by the autotune. The autotune is applying a much too low stifness to the motors. You have to adjust stiffness manually. It's easy. You can consider that a motor has the right power amount when you begin to hear a slight hiss in it. So raise up each stiffness axis to the limit of hiss/vibration. If it's vibrate, the stiffness is too high, if it doesn't do any sound, it's too low. Once you have done that, try it in free mode, without smoothtrack and use it in all positions to check vibrations. If a motor vibrates, lower  the stiffness by increments of 5. Check if the motors are heating or not. If the motors are heating, check the balance. Now you can adjust smoothtrack at you taste. My Ronin S is now perfectly working.
2019-9-15
Use props
Tima_007
lvl.4
  • >>>

Wango92 Posted at 9-15 00:30
Hi guys. I've just bought a Ronin S last week an the first footage was unusable. All I did before shooting was balancing the 3 axis to "excellent" and an autotune. The footage was exactly as jerky as what we see on that thread.
I observed that the motors were uncorrectly set by the autotune. The autotune is applying a much too low stifness to the motors. You have to adjust stiffness manually. It's easy. You can consider that a motor has the right power amount when you begin to hear a slight hiss in it. So raise up each stiffness axis to the limit of hiss/vibration. If it's vibrate, the stiffness is too high, if it doesn't do any sound, it's too low. Once you have done that, try it in free mode, without smoothtrack and use it in all positions to check vibrations. If a motor vibrates, lower  the stiffness by increments of 5. Check if the motors are heating or not. If the motors are heating, check the balance. Now you can adjust smoothtrack at you taste. My Ronin S is now perfectly working.

Thank's, will test this info)
2019-9-15
Use props
rjs21989
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858701 ft
  • >>>

Tima_007 Posted at 7-31 23:45
ok dji, any firmware update to fix major issues?
Or you fix issues with new  Ronin SC and forgot us with old Ronin S ??????

Same problem with Ronin SC
2019-10-2
Use props
foxeslink
lvl.2
Portugal

I have extacly the same problem! I have too an X-T3 but with OIS on the problems go away. The moment I turn it of, it's exactly like your videos. Does this mean Ronin S just works with stabilized lens and or IBIS ?
This is so bad, If I buy a lens, for example the Fuji 35mm 1.4, and put it on the Ronin it will be shaky as hell.

Please, get back to me if this problem persist or if you found the solution
2019-11-13
Use props
ahfredz
New

Malaysia

same here..use 2month ronin s.. i try everthing..but useless..still shaky... !!!
2019-11-19
Use props
safinest3
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi thank you for your post.I have the exact same problem with my DJI Ronin SC.and Fuji XT3 with 23mm prime lens. Very light setup. Gimbal balanced. Doing ninja walk.have tried re calibrating. Nothing works.My footage looks the same as yours. Is hev been using gimbals for over 5 years and never had this problem, even with the Crane 1.

Did you ever find a solution? I have done two professional shoots now with it and both times footage is unusable and no response from DJI. Please help.
2019-12-3
Use props
deniel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105902 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Guys I use it with 5d mk4 without ibis and stabilized optics and it has never made this defect to me. So I guarantee you that it is not a defect factory but a defect of yours or surely something wrong. Another thing you can try is to ballast the room (make it heavier) because if the room is too light the ronin s does not work very well .... for this they did the ronin sc.
2019-12-3
Use props
safinest3
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I don't believe it is my fault. I have used many gimbals for many years and have created incredible footage with them. Here is even a stationary shot from my ronin sc, balanced excellent and auto tuned and these are the results I'm getting.

2019-12-4
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

safinest3 Posted at 12-4 04:35
I don't believe it is my fault. I have used many gimbals for many years and have created incredible footage with them. Here is even a stationary shot from my ronin sc, balanced excellent and auto tuned and these are the results I'm getting.

https://youtu.be/HKyAAb0IhqY

Have you auto tuned! It does look bad to me.
2019-12-4
Use props
safinest3
lvl.1

United Kingdom

M2Wair Posted at 12-4 07:46
Have you auto tuned! It does look bad to me.

Yes autotuned. Tried every different variation of the settings in the app, spoken to other ronin sc owners, tried contacting DJI....and nothing. I am using this as a tool for work and have shot many many things with gimbals. I have previously been a Zhiyun Crane 1 user and achieved these kind of results. www.drewcox.co.uk

I have never experienced this on a gimbal before. I want to know if this is for all Ronin SC users or if I have a bad device and need to get a replacement. Please can you respond DJI, this is happening to a lot of people and I will be making a full video review to discuss this as it is unacceptable for a device that sole purpose is to stabilise the image. All this is doing is making it more shaky. And i had to pay £300 for it. My handheld shots are smoother than this gimbal.  Please DJI I have jobs coming up and I need to use your product.
2019-12-4
Use props
safinest3
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Did you find a solution to this in the end?
2019-12-4
Use props
foxeslink
lvl.2
Portugal

safinest3 Posted at 12-4 09:32
Did you find a solution to this in the end?

I had the same problem as the OP, Sent my ronin to reparation, and came back with the same problem. They found some problem and they said they "fixed" it, but no luck. It's just  a shame this product
The footage is better handheld.

DJI Ronin Products are not reliable at all. There are so much inconsistency.The be honest, I'm trying to sell it. Time to move on and change to another reliable brand. I can't get professional stabilized videos with this
2019-12-4
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

safinest3 Posted at 12-4 08:40
Yes autotuned. Tried every different variation of the settings in the app, spoken to other ronin sc owners, tried contacting DJI....and nothing. I am using this as a tool for work and have shot many many things with gimbals. I have previously been a Zhiyun Crane 1 user and achieved these kind of results. www.drewcox.co.uk

I have never experienced this on a gimbal before. I want to know if this is for all Ronin SC users or if I have a bad device and need to get a replacement. Please can you respond DJI, this is happening to a lot of people and I will be making a full video review to discuss this as it is unacceptable for a device that sole purpose is to stabilise the image. All this is doing is making it more shaky. And i had to pay £300 for it. My handheld shots are smoother than this gimbal.  Please DJI I have jobs coming up and I need to use your product.

I don't know what to suggest buddy other than send it back, it's not right, that's for sure. DJI needs to address this as a matter of urgency. Let me know how you get on.
2019-12-14
Use props
dodgethis_sg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6650 ft
Singapore

Did you guys hold down the trigger?
2019-12-14
Use props
Tima_007
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ukraine

We will newer have answer  from DJI for this issue
2019-12-16
Use props
AngelaMary
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Tima_007 Posted at 6-18 22:29
Nobody will help us because all this issues and problems from factory defect and DJI will newer told this.

How do you know this?

I'm having a lot of problems with it - make adjustments seems OK, go out in field and come back with unusable footage - rinse repeat for 6 weeks now. Rebalanced, system calibrated, auto tuned etc.

2019-12-28
Use props
Tima_007
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ukraine

AngelaMary Posted at 12-28 09:09
How do you know this?

I'm having a lot of problems with it - make adjustments seems OK, go out in field and come back with unusable footage - rinse repeat for 6 weeks now. Rebalanced, system calibrated, auto tuned etc.

A have Ronin S now more than one year. For all this time i trying to make it work properly but nothing is help. I have read a tone of forums, seen a lot of video, make ajustments, and nothing halp.
Now my Ronin S has manual  settings, it work a little batter but again, without IBIS footage is unusable.
P.S.  Stop doing this (try auto calibration, try ninja walk, try system calibration and etc)
2019-12-29
Use props
AngelaMary
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Tima_007 Posted at 12-29 01:20
A have Ronin S now more than one year. For all this time i trying to make it work properly but nothing is help. I have read a tone of forums, seen a lot of video, make ajustments, and nothing halp.
Now my Ronin S has manual  settings, it work a little batter but again, without IBIS footage is unusable.
P.S.  Stop doing this (try auto calibration, try ninja walk, try system calibration and etc)

1 year and you're still at it - crikey :-)

Footage was a little better today after upping pan stiffness to 54.  But this has introduced like tiny vibrations/jitters that I noticed on a walking shot. Seems to coincide with my steps.  Don't know if it's my technique or not.  

2019-12-29
Use props
Giovi86
lvl.1
Italy

Did someone find a solution for Ronin SC ...ty jitters, and shaky footage? I've recently bought mine and it's crap. If I could I would return it but the shop where I've bought it can't  accept it because "it is activated", that means I turned it one once. I shoot on a Fuji  XT-3 and XF 35mm f1.4 , so no OIS or IBIS
2020-5-10
Use props
Tima_007
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ukraine

Giovi86 Posted at 5-10 08:53
Did someone find a solution for Ronin SC ...ty jitters, and shaky footage? I've recently bought mine and it's crap. If I could I would return it but the shop where I've bought it can't  accept it because "it is activated", that means I turned it one once. I shoot on a Fuji  XT-3 and XF 35mm f1.4 , so no OIS or IBIS

There is no solution. You can tweak some stiffness  settings but the is no one solution to fix Ronin S and make it usable.
Ronin S is not perfect stabilizer, done.
I sell my one and bought Zhiyun but it's also not perfect ))
2020-5-11
Use props
KimLloyd
New

United States

ugggggghhhhh - I'm seriously bummed to read this forum. I have shaky footage, a gimbal that if lifted sometimes the battery and tripod stand will whirl around like a propeller plus the plate slips off when underslung (I have a heavy rig - 5d mark iv with 24-70 - but within weight limits. I just did three shoots pretty much back to back with it. this was a new one after having to return a Ronin S because of a battery problem. It worked pretty well for the first shoot, I charged the battery, battery charged fine, but now - crappy footage - and whirly bird issues - Also, the Gimbal button doesn't work well when engage to freeze the camera - it still pans...............

I've done all the calibrations, etc.... balance, auto tune -
hmmmmmm - could this be battery related?
2020-6-18
Use props
Nokaf
lvl.1
France

Hi there. Somoene did find a solution about this jerky shaky footage ?

This is terribly annoying and unusable in a professional way...
2020-8-15
Use props
PhilippN
lvl.2

Czechia

Hello, I have got all the same problems with shaky footage even with my Ronin M! Any solution yet? Is this normal?
I believed that 1200USD device should work well and provide professional results. :/
2020-8-18
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’m not having these issues, but I am using a lighter camera, the Sony A7III.  Is everyone certain they are balanced?  If you are balanced you should be able to sit your Ronin-S down, double click to center it, and then turn it off.  When it turns off the camera should not move at all.  You should not be able to tell by looking at the camera when the Ronin-S actually turned off.  
2020-8-21
Use props
PhilippN
lvl.2

Czechia

method007 Posted at 8-21 22:30
I’m not having these issues, but I am using a lighter camera, the Sony A7III.  Is everyone certain they are balanced?  If you are balanced you should be able to sit your Ronin-S down, double click to center it, and then turn it off.  When it turns off the camera should not move at all.  You should not be able to tell by looking at the camera when the Ronin-S actually turned off.

Well balanced, very light setup (GH5S + 25mm f1.7). I even tried to adjust the stiffness after auto-tune stability. Seems it helped a bit but didnot resolve the issue completely. (Besides - I have seen loads of supersmooth footage out of the box ronins - no sw tuning just properly balanced. And I cant get anywhere close to that)
2020-8-24
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

PhilippN Posted at 8-24 01:25
Well balanced, very light setup (GH5S + 25mm f1.7). I even tried to adjust the stiffness after auto-tune stability. Seems it helped a bit but didnot resolve the issue completely. (Besides - I have seen loads of supersmooth footage out of the box ronins - no sw tuning just properly balanced. And I cant get anywhere close to that)

Do you have the lens holder installed as well?
2020-8-24
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tima_007 Posted at 5-11 03:21
There is no solution. You can tweak some stiffness  settings but the is no one solution to fix Ronin S and make it usable.
Ronin S is not perfect stabilizer, done.
I sell my one and bought Zhiyun but it's also not perfect ))

It seems like the way you are balancing is wrong.  Film how the balance is setup w/ the motors off on all axis.

If Zhiyun isn't great either then something must be wrong at the setup level.
2020-8-24
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

safinest3 Posted at 2019-12-4 04:35

https://youtu.be/HKyAAb0IhqY

You need to bump up the roll setting.
2020-8-24
Use props
PhilippN
lvl.2

Czechia

method007 Posted at 8-24 18:05
Do you have the lens holder installed as well?

The lens is so small that its not even possible. And it is supertight with the camera (since it is panasonic original). There is no way it could be related with my shakiness.
2020-8-25
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules