Downgrade firmware?
4601 8 2019-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Olivier_P
lvl.2
France

Hello,
I think the last firmware update messed with the audio of my Pocket: I can hear a background noise on my records with or without external mic. I didn't have this just before the update.
So I would like to know if there's a way to downgrade the firmware to the previous version to see if the problem is still there or not?

Thanks

2019-5-29
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Before you we get to firmware changes, have you tried setting the audio levels from the osmo to low or mid etc.
2019-5-29
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Also, check if you have noise reduction switched on or off. Originally the default position was on but could now be off.
2019-5-29
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

My testing has found the audio on the Osmo Pocket both using the internal microphone and with using the audio adapter to be much better after updating to FW v01.07.00..20

I have found that the audio adapter does not recognize a microphone that is only sending audio to either the tip or ring.  It wants audio on both the tip and ring now.  Also if the audio level into the audio adapter is lower than a certain level the microphone will not be recognized.  For instance, before the update the R0DE Wireless GO internal microphone would work with the audio adapter when the R0DE Wireless GO's level was set to Low but after the update the Wireless GO's internal microphone needed to be on the high setting before the Osmo Pocket showed that the microphone was recognized.  Other hotter microphones plugged into the Wireless GO will still work in the Wireless GO low setting though.

Bob
2019-5-29
Use props
djiuser_NCImFjNlfK20
New
Indonesia

Hi DJI. I got problem with latest firmware. My sound that record by Osmo Pocket gone bad. I really noissy and not almost not record my voice. How I can fix this?
2020-7-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi djiuser_NCImFjNlfK20,
Sorry to hear about your issue with your Osmo Pocket. Please try these following steps to solve it:
1. Record one test video in a completely quiet area and check the footage to ensure that the noise does not come from the environment.
2. Refresh the firmware.
3. Back up the files inside your sd card and format the sd card.
4. Ensure that there are no small particles covering up the microphones.
5. Record a video without mounting Osmo Pocket to a mobile device and check the footage to ensure that the noise is not caused by another device.

If none of these steps solves the problem please consider opening a repair case through our website https://repair.dji.com/repair/index or contact us via https://www.dji.com/support
2020-7-21
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
lvl.4
United Kingdom

How does one refresh the firmware? Reset factory defaults?
2020-7-24
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 7-24 04:26
How does one refresh the firmware? Reset factory defaults?

As far as I'm aware firmware isn't put into ram but possibly  EEPROM. where normal use doesn't change the information stored. It's possibly one reason the firmware updates could be slow to load. A factory reset is possible in the on screen menus to take the Pocket back to it's base settings. It can't correct faults with a unit.
2020-7-24
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Exactly, so I was hoping DJI would elaborate on step 2 of their own guide
2020-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules