Should I return my Mavic Pro?
685 9 2019-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Magic Maniac
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11549 ft
United States

I have only been flying for a week but I am wondering if I got a bad controller or drone.  I have been getting intermittant problems that don't make much sense.

Example 1.  Return to Home - normally when I press return to home  the drone flys to the spot and lands.  Sometimes, however the drone flys over starts landing and then hovers 5 ft above the ground. it doesn't land it just sits there.  This has happened 3 times all the other times it worked normally.

Example 2.  Active Track - Yes it's a little glitchy  (loses focus a lot)  but twice now it has stopped tracking and just hovers.  When I manually try to move it. it ignores my commands (I was about 200ft away)  so I tried to exit Active Track mode.   I tried hitting the red X, itried jumping in and out of the menu.  I tried hitting the "normal" menu selection.  Nothing worked!    The only thing that worked was hitting retuirn to Home, landing it and then rebooting the controller and drone!  Then everything worked fine.

Example 3.   Similar thing happened when i was in Point of interest mode.  The drone stopped responding to commands and I had to land and reboot to get it back to normal.

I was flying all last week in desert outside of Las Vegas. no trees or obstacles over 5ft tall. All the problems seem intermittant

So,  Should I return the drone  and get a different one?
2019-5-29
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Have you tried changing your cable to another and using the bottom USB port? This is a common issue with the cable causing the app which causes no response from the app, the strange thing is you say that the RC was also not responsive - do you mean no control when moving the joysticks or just getting in and out of flight modes
2019-5-29
Use props
Magic Maniac
lvl.1
United States

Suren Posted at 5-29 08:22
Have you tried changing your cable to another and using the bottom USB port? This is a common issue with the cable causing the app which causes no response from the app, the strange thing is you say that the RC was also not responsive - do you mean no control when moving the joysticks or just getting in and out of flight modes

I will try a new cable.  I know it's only a week old but I have had brand new cables go bad before.
The RC joystick on the L still let me go up and down and rotate drone. The one of the R only seemed to move the drone  a couple of  inches in any direction.  Weird!
2019-5-29
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

My guess would also be a bad cable.  It has happened to me on more the one occasion.  
2019-5-29
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Magic Maniac Posted at 5-29 08:46
I will try a new cable.  I know it's only a week old but I have had brand new cables go bad before.
The RC joystick on the L still let me go up and down and rotate drone. The one of the R only seemed to move the drone  a couple of  inches in any direction.  Weird!

So it points to if you still had RC control because RTH on the RC worked and joystick controls works it is a bad cable, I would suggest you get yourself a good cable that connects to the bottom USB port and only use that port to connect to the phone and use the top port for charging RC only.
2019-5-29
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Example 1 is fine - that is the landing protection kicking in and is suppose to do that if the landing point is detected as uneven ground.

Examples 2 and 3 may be caused by a bust cable as others have pointed out. Try a new one and if it persists then come back to this thread to look at other causes.
2019-5-29
Use props
Magic Maniac
lvl.1
United States

Tried new cable reloading DJI Go 4 but was still having wierd problems.  So I sent it back and ordered a Mavic 2.
Problem solved!!
2019-6-7
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Magic Maniac Posted at 6-7 07:30
Tried new cable reloading DJI Go 4 but was still having wierd problems.  So I sent it back and ordered a Mavic 2.
Problem solved!!

Glad it's sorted (with a new one)
2019-6-7
Use props
Magic Maniac
lvl.1
United States

AJC-W Posted at 6-7 08:24
Glad it's sorted (with a new one)

thanks AJC-W,  I just took the new one out on it's first flight.  The new active track is awesome!
2019-6-7
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Magic Maniac Posted at 6-7 18:20
thanks AJC-W,  I just took the new one out on it's first flight.  The new active track is awesome!

Good to read - enjoy!
2019-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules