Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Pull focus with Ronin S + Nikon Z6
4617 12 2019-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans328cbc09
lvl.1

Sweden

Using Ronin S with Z6 and 58mm 1.4. The pull focus works fine with still images, but can not get it to work in video mode. Does anyone have any ideas for me? All firmware updated.
2019-5-30
Use props
faldron
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13491 ft
Germany

Did you get it to work?

@DJI: if you hear this: I postpone my purchase decision until this is sorted out ...
2019-6-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, sorry for the late response, may I know if the issue persists? If yes, did you try to adjust the Focus Speed in the APP to see if it is because the Focus Speed is too slow? Did you set the lens focus mode to M/A and the camera focus mode to AF? What is the firmware of your camera?
2019-7-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

faldron Posted at 6-30 09:16
Did you get it to work?

@DJI: if you hear this: I postpone my purchase decision until this is sorted out ...

Hi faldron, our engineers have tested with Nikon Z6 that the pulling focus works both in Photo Mode and Video Mode. Please don't worry.
2019-7-1
Use props
fans328cbc09
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-1 00:19
Hi there, sorry for the late response, may I know if the issue persists? If yes, did you try to adjust the Focus Speed in the APP to see if it is because the Focus Speed is too slow? Did you set the lens focus mode to M/A and the camera focus mode to AF? What is the firmware of your camera?

No. Still not working. Firmware camera 2.00. On Ronin the latest one as well. Yes, using M/A and AF mode on camera and lens. Fine on stills, not working in video mode.
2019-7-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans328cbc09 Posted at 7-1 23:07
No. Still not working. Firmware camera 2.00. On Ronin the latest one as well. Yes, using M/A and AF mode on camera and lens. Fine on stills, not working in video mode.

May we have a short video so that we can forward to our engineers for further support? Thank you.
2019-7-2
Use props
faldron
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-1 02:24
Hi faldron, our engineers have tested with Nikon Z6 that the pulling focus works both in Photo Mode and Video Mode. Please don't worry.

Hi  Mindy,
thanks for your fast reply. I watch this space how the issue resolves. I'll buy after an affected user (I know 3 of them) confirms that it works!
2019-7-2
Use props
faldron
lvl.1
Germany

BTW:
You and the DJI guide writes: 'Did you set the lens focus mode to M/A and the camera focus mode to AF? '

This doesn't make any sense!
The lens hat an M/A switsch but no M/A mode. It either is M or A. So, what does DJI mean?
Then, in video mode, there are modes MF, AF-S, AF-F, AF-C. But no mode AF. So again, what does DJI mean?

It is this sort of careless wording (and months of waiting time) which damages my faith in DJI supporting the Ronin-S.
2019-7-2
Use props
guneld
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2431 ft
Sweden

Was this issue ever resolved?
If so, How?
Having a similar problem
2019-10-30
Use props
uasflightops
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1273983 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Has anyone resolved this yet? for me still not working in video mode?
2019-12-25
Use props
Detmolder
New

Germany

Had the same problem, just installed newest Firmware, now it works, but only in AF-C. To force autofocus half-pull the trigger on the handle.
2020-4-10
Use props
RodrigoSnaps
lvl.1
United States

Hey there I know this thread is older but I haven't seen any actuall answers to fix the problem. I have the answer. So here you go , with your camera setting to auto focus and lens set to M/A you will need to have your video focus option on the back set to "Single Point" to begin. Then wake the camera by depressing the shutter half way or by using the back button focus. Once tis is done you can then select either Single Point, WIDE S, WIDE L, or FOLLOW FOCUS. Either way it shouldn't matter because you're overriding the cameras follow focus while using the wheel.
2020-12-17
Use props
tommcphersonphoto.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23967 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks! It worked for me.
2021-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now