Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

My take on the Osmo Action vs the Osmo Pocket

2019-5-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about the two awesome products of DJI. Just let us know if you have any concerns. Have a great day!
2019-5-30
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Always good to see the opinions of others
2019-5-30
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Very nice comparison.  

I've not seen the Pocket.  Can I presume that the gimbal mechanism is fairly fragile?  Can you toss it in a pocket or do you have to lock/protect it in some fashion?
2019-5-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Cool video!
2019-5-31
Use props
KerryG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

ff22 Posted at 5-30 10:04
Very nice comparison.  

I've not seen the Pocket.  Can I presume that the gimbal mechanism is fairly fragile?  Can you toss it in a pocket or do you have to lock/protect it in some fashion?

I keep mine loose in my backback. Its all metal so it isn't that fragile.
2019-5-31
Use props
David_Harry
lvl.4
United Kingdom

ff22 Posted at 5-30 10:04
Very nice comparison.  

Hi.

I appreciate that Kerry keeps his loose in his backpack. For me though I'd always at least have it with a gimbal/motor/lens/glass protector, it's carry case or a soft case that's designed for it. I definitely wouldn't take the risk of potential damage to its motors.

Again I appreciate Kerry's opinion of picture quality but for me personally the Pocket has the edge in pure picture quality and detail. Even taking into consideration that the Action is wider and may appear slightly less detailed because of that with or without Dewarp, the Pocket does edge it for pure resolved resolution.

I don't know if they both have the same sensor but even if they do, they both have different lenses and do process the picture differently. Although they can be made to match very well when using D-Cinelike.

The best thing about them is that they are two different things and really do compliment each other while being individually great at specific things.

For traditional shooting and where you've got time to setup a shot, the Pocket is the winner. For quick on the fly stuff the Action is the winner. But both are excellent little cameras.

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-5-31
Use props
daffy13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2340295 ft
  • >>>
Greece

David_Harry Posted at 5-31 11:49
Hi.

I appreciate that Kerry keeps his loose in his backpack. For me though I'd always at least have it with a gimbal/motor/lens/glass protector, it's carry case or a soft case that's designed for it. I definitely wouldn't take the risk of potential damage to its motors.

I aggree with you! Still cannot decide which one to buy. I am waiting also the waterproof cases of both.
2019-6-4
Use props
CubbyJonson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

i had an Osmo pocket but didn't keep it that long...got an Osmo action now & very impressed so far with the ease of use mainly.The only thing i miss from the pocket is the object tracking to be honest.
2019-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules